-
Posts
4,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
It doesn't really sound like 61% possession.
-
As long as Rodney doesn't know it things could still be okay.
-
The same happened to me - I think they might actually penalize you for repetitive voting.
-
If you're fat do you have to purchase two seats?
CanadaSaint replied to kwsaint's topic in The Saints
Who'd eat all the pies? -
They showed Summerbee in the directors' box at a recent Man City game and I laughed because my foremost memory of him was not a goal or a mazy run, but of him trying to climb back over the wall under the West Stand after Hollywood deposited him into the crowd. IIRC that was about 90 seconds into the game.
-
If you're fat do you have to purchase two seats?
CanadaSaint replied to kwsaint's topic in The Saints
I would have thought that the PC brigade in the UK would have outlawed the term "fat" by now, and replaced it with something like "abundantly proportioned". -
1 Follower. Says it all, really.
-
Excellent. After watching that - us making a good (top 3) team look poor, I'm going to offer a long distance opinion about our away form. I honestly don't think we've yet realized how good we are. In away matches we set out to deny the opponents space instead of doing what we do at home - concentrate on making our own space. It was very clear at Reading, and it enabled them not just to stay with us but cause us real problems. We have so many attacking permutations that it makes you head spin, and I'd like to see us start using them more in away games. Still, three at home and one away will win most leagues.
-
I think it's three points behind (MLG moment ).
-
I'm an optimist () and I'd have bitten their arms off if someone had offered me 8 points from the last four games.
-
One of the biggest measures of our season so far - they were second and had only conceded 8 before this. After the last four games, so much for "We haven't played any good teams yet".
-
Hammond has been pretty quiet today.
-
Chappers is one of the fittest players I've seen.
-
Three CBs will often do that for you.
-
Careful, Dave. You might get invited to a 'conversation'.
-
That was a very lazy first hour - the triangles were not being set because the movement was so lacking. Guly was poor - lots of ball watching, and then he sold Hammond short which ended up with his second yellow and the resultant red. I'd have taken Guly off - before he threaded that superb pass through for SDR, but what a finish! And - top job, Kelvin. Chaplow was everywhere and my MoM for us. Let's not forget - one on the road, three at home will win just about any division.
-
Either our "back from the game" posters and the Solent crew saw a different match or the guy who wrote this is just another typical London-based journalist: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/8835067/Southampton-1-West-Ham-United-0-match-report.html? Here's a snippet: Adkins’ team can play so unconvincingly and yet still prevail in this tense battle of the division’s top two
-
Besides us having the better team IMO, I think Sam got out-managed today. He shot his mouth off about tactics while Nigel stayed quiet - even though he had quite a significant surprise planned (not starting Cork). If someone had said we'd take four points from the last two games without Lallana I wouldn't have believed them. With every passing week it seems more likely that we are the "real deal" - and with money to spend in January.
-
They must be counting t*ts and testicles.
-
Yep, excellent - a threat everywhere. I actually thought that, if anything, he was fouled inside the box in the last three minutes, not the other way around. That's why he hoofed the ball into the stand and got booked.
-
If it sells out there should be about 4x the number of 'people' (AKA, self-appointed 'best fans in football') at FP today.
-
Yes, in an excellent team performance (everyone contributing) I was a bit disappointed with Fox. He needs to be told to play to the whistle and ditch the habit of stopping while he appeals for something or other. He did that twice today and it could have been very costly both times.
-
This, for me, was quite telling, given the Saints-coloured spectacles I see everything through and the fact that Dave Merrington is a key information source : It's not often you hear a TV commentator that enthused about a team they're commentating on, especially in a top of the table clash.
-
I don't see it that way, adrian. Yes, in stature terms we can start thinking about Lallana heading same way as MLT. However, the big difference is the quality at the Club now. Losing MLT from that team was a hell of a lot worse than losing Lallana from this team. He's still pretty damned important, though, and I'd love to see him there on Tuesday because he's not really "markable", if you know what I mean.
