Jump to content

Saint Martini

Members
  • Posts

    2,848
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Saint Martini

  1. I have to confess I do not know a whole lot about several of the players listed and thus I voted Bridge. I am definately nopt going to vote in the poll for every position I just haven't seen enough players that really stood out in some of the positions but for me Bridge deserves his place for several reasons. Firstly the amount of games he played after each other (didn't he break the record for an outfield player in the PL at some point?). Secondly you also have to look at the caps he won while at Saints, that to me already suggests he was a topquality PL player in an era where the PL was already full of foreign players. Lastly, he played in a brilliant Saints team with a very good defensive record. After he left (and Killer ****ed up his knee) that suddenly went. That tells you something as well.
  2. He's also had spells at Barnsley and Blackpool I think. From his time in the Netherlands I remember him as a decent player with the odd spell of absolute brilliance. In a Champions League match between Ajax and Olympiakos I remember him scoring with a delightful chip from the edge of the area. Just a shame I can't find the footage on youtube.
  3. Past record shows that Lowe had some success before the big failure and the subsequent failure of Wilde.
  4. So we should invest in older players that no-one else wants to buy to get some stability? That worked like a treat last year...
  5. Too bad both sets of fans are probably not smiling at the situation at their clubs.
  6. He was good at Ajax as well even though he was mostly used as an impact player. His playing career profile is just what we need in a coach in my opinion. Someone that has played and trained in the typical Dutch 4-3-3 style who also has experience in the lower British Leagues. Just weird to see him being a coach, if you knew him a bit as a player it was the last thing you expected. If we do sign him we should try to get his son as well, he is in the Manu academy and regarded as a huge talent.
  7. I don't think laughing at the misfortune of others is something you should be proud of but I can't help but smile at this news.
  8. But the low education standard in British schools have little to do with "trendy" teaching methods (what are these "trendy" teaching methods anyway?). These are the same methods in many ways that make Finland one of the best educated. I'm aware that there are huge differences between the two education systems but the Finnish is just as "trendy" as the British one. This is one thing that often bothers me about these kind of parties. They always refer to the past as something that was much better idealizing it and forgetting the bad stuff and more often then not their policy ideas are not based on any scientific research. The example now is education policy but it might as well be health or employment policy. They pretend to be a proper politcal party but they don't put enough time into writing their party program. They are a one issue party pretending to be a regular political party.
  9. We win more away games then home games. Maybe its a new strategy?
  10. Pm please
  11. Poor effort. 7 million dollars....
  12. Greatest ever is Cruyff.
  13. My gf appreciated it.
  14. Paul Ince?
  15. I'm not objective. HTH
  16. Just you, at least he has a source of information whereas you just look at the match statistics and draw your conclusion from that.
  17. With 11 we might have actually gotten something from this match. Still, a lot better then the 6-0's people were predicting.
  18. Good fight from Saints, ref killed the game for us though.
  19. Schneiderlin off, Robertson on. Lets get something out of this game.
  20. I guess Saints are just shouting for everything now. Lets hope we get something from the ref sooner rather then later.
  21. Lallana puts it over with the goallie stranded.
  22. BWP hits the post! This match might not be over yet.
  23. With 9 men I can see why. Lancashire back now.
×
×
  • Create New...