Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 901 to 947 of 947

Thread: Drink?

  1. #901

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Thanks to the usual gang, plus a couple of new faces for making the drinks. With 12 of us making the effort to enjoy a few beers and banter in the sunshine, it turned out to be the best part of the day...

  2. #902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks Saint View Post
    Thanks to the usual gang, plus a couple of new faces for making the drinks. With 12 of us making the effort to enjoy a few beers and banter in the sunshine, it turned out to be the best part of the day...
    'Drinks' and 'banter'

  3. #903

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    'Drinks' and 'banter'
    I'm glad they had fun. Why bucks feels the need to put it on here I have no idea!

  4. #904

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I'm glad they had fun. Why bucks feels the need to put it on here I have no idea!
    Sorry that the idea behind this thread is beyond you. And that so many need to take the ****.

  5. #905

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks Saint View Post
    Sorry that the idea behind this thread is beyond you. And that so many need to take the ****.
    Go and have fun on your other site. If people want to meet with you and pap for a drink then they know where to go. Otherwise it appears you're just covertly advertising other websites on here under the guise of drinks.

  6. #906

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Go and have fun on your other site. If people want to meet with you and pap for a drink then they know where to go. Otherwise it appears you're just covertly advertising other websites on here under the guise of drinks.
    Like I said, I am sorry that the idea behind this is beyond you. Started by Lou in February as an attempt to be social and welcoming pre-match, long before the "other" site. Also a similar idea behind the London drinks, but some still need to take the ****.
    Last edited by Bucks Saint; 22-09-2015 at 08:27 AM.

  7. #907

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks Saint View Post
    Like I said, I am sorry that the idea behind this is beyond you. Started by Lou in February as an attempt to be social and welcoming, long before the "other" site, but some still need to take the ****. Might be why many posters have cleared off.
    Lou and others have left this site. If you want to go and meet up with people who no longer frequent this forum then go ahead but spamming all about the "banter" from there on here just makes you look a bit desperate...

    Quite clear what the idea behind your drinks initiative is thanks, not sure why you need to pretend that we don't "get" it. There isn't really anything to get.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 22-09-2015 at 08:40 AM.

  8. #908

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    You asked why I needed to post on this thread. You have a lot of angst: "We"? Really? Is it "them and us " for you now? Does this have to cloud everything, even a drinks invite? Shame

  9. Default

    I'm grateful for the drinks invites from Bucks and Lou. As I'm not on the other site, am grateful to know where and when, so keep posting.

  10. #910

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks Saint View Post
    You asked why I needed to post on this thread. You have a lot of angst: "We"? Really? Is it "them and us " for you now? Does this have to cloud everything, even a drinks invite? Shame
    "We" quite clearly being the people who you claim don't understand your concept of drinks and the people you moan at for taking the p*ss. I would have thought that was obvious.

  11. #911

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Sorry I haven't made any drinks yet. Always looking for places to watch saints games in London so next time london drinks are organised for some game on tv let me know.
    No need to apologise Adrian, no one gives a sh*t.

  12. #912

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I'm glad they had fun. Why bucks feels the need to put it on here I have no idea!
    You can only imagine how epic the #bantz was from the 12 bantersaurus rexes of forums. Pap is obviously the archbishop of banterbury, with Jeff turning up in his bantmobile, if Lou was a footballer she'd be Eric Bantona, Bucks could fill the role of Bantonio Banteras with aplomb. In fact if their meet up was a stage show it'd be Bantom of the Opera. SAdly i dont think i'll ever make drinks with the bantonomists as when it comes to #bantz i'm only a bantom weight.

  13. #913

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,538

    Default


  14. #914

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    "hilarious" photoshop are more suited to your other forum. I don't think the plebs on here are intelligent enough to get the subtle humour.

  15. #915

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,756

    Default

    I haven't left this site, thanks very much. I'm still a full member. Get yer facts straight,
    Hypo...

  16. #916

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coxford_lou View Post
    I haven't left this site, thanks very much. I'm still a full member. Get yer facts straight,
    Hypo...
    Well if you want to be pedantic about it then lou hasn't left but she now contributes once every four months.

  17. #917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Go and have fun on your other site. If people want to meet with you and pap for a drink then they know where to go. Otherwise it appears you're just covertly advertising other websites on here under the guise of drinks.
    Which other websites?

  18. #918

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Which other websites?
    Sotonians. Tread careful though, Hypo may not want to be friends any more

  19. #919

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Well if you want to be pedantic about it then lou hasn't left but she now contributes once every four months.
    Most of those who came together for a beer on Sunday have not left; some only post here and nowhere else. A couple dont post anywhere! Not sure why any of this matters when saints fans meet up for a beer, but it seems it does to you.
    Last edited by Bucks Saint; 22-09-2015 at 05:39 PM.

  20. #920

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Which other websites?

  21. #921

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "hilarious" photoshop are more suited to your other forum. I don't think the plebs on here are intelligent enough to get the subtle humour.
    Thanks for keeping me up to date with what is and isn't appropriate for this forum though Hypes. I think the place would fall apart without your policing.

  22. #922

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Go and have fun on your other site. If people want to meet with you and pap for a drink then they know where to go. Otherwise it appears you're just covertly advertising other websites on here under the guise of drinks.
    I am confused here Hypo because there is a Hypo that also posts on the other site which I thought was you? Any, to more important matters, it is not an exclusive club and anyone who supports Saints can join. I used to meet posters from another forum a few years back and it was good to meet people that I had only chatted too online. Not sure why you are getting so worked up about it but I would imagine that the meetings would be between people who have or do frequent(ed) both sites. Is that a bad thing?

  23. #923

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Oh god they're all coming back to have a pop. Can't you all just stay over there and just send Bearsy once in a while?

  24. #924

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,225

    Default

    Coming back? I haven't been anywhere.

  25. #925

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Coming back? I haven't been anywhere.

    Me neither. I think Hypes has finally lost it.

  26. #926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Oh god they're all coming back to have a pop. Can't you all just stay over there and just send Bearsy once in a while?
    I have never left but you are the one who comes across as someone who doesn't have a lot of joy. Why be bothered? Takes a special type of person who wants to get angry with people being friendly

  27. #927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    You can only imagine how epic the #bantz was from the 12 bantersaurus rexes of forums. Pap is obviously the archbishop of banterbury, with Jeff turning up in his bantmobile, if Lou was a footballer she'd be Eric Bantona, Bucks could fill the role of Bantonio Banteras with aplomb. In fact if their meet up was a stage show it'd be Bantom of the Opera. SAdly i dont think i'll ever make drinks with the bantonomists as when it comes to #bantz i'm only a bantom weight.
    How do you know who was there?

  28. #928

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    How do you know who was there?
    I expect firstly it was a joke so wasn't intended to be taken seriously. Secondly he probably guessed based on who has posted in this thread.

  29. #929

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    I have never left but you are the one who comes across as someone who doesn't have a lot of joy. Why be bothered? Takes a special type of person who wants to get angry with people being friendly
    Weird that you think some words on a screen make someone angry. If you do believe that then seek help.

  30. #930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Weird that you think some words on a screen make someone angry. If you do believe that then seek help.
    You keep coming up with this and don't believe you fail to see in emotion in words..

  31. #931

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    You keep coming up with this and don't believe you fail to see in emotion in words..
    I tap a few words into my phone to reply on here whilst doing other things. I rarely feel any emotion whilst replying, certainly not anger.

  32. #932

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I tap a few words into my phone to reply on here whilst doing other things. I rarely feel any emotion whilst replying, certainly not anger.
    I hope you've got a wipe clean cover on that phone.

  33. #933

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I tap a few words into my phone to reply on here whilst doing other things. I rarely feel any emotion whilst replying, certainly not anger.
    "Oh God, they are all coming back...to have a pop..." HELP!

  34. #934

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucks Saint View Post
    "Oh God, they are all coming back...to have a pop..." HELP!
    if that's what you imagine is going on when the vast majority reply on a messageboard then I feel sorry for you.

  35. #935

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    if that's what you imagine is going on when the vast majority reply on a messageboard then I feel sorry for you.
    Another emotionless reply?

  36. #936

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    At my desk.
    Posts
    6,595

    Default

    Hypo hasn't learnt that when you're in a hole you stop digging. I don't think he meant to make me laugh... with incredulity.

  37. #937

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suewhistle View Post
    Hypo hasn't learnt that when you're in a hole you stop digging. I don't think he meant to make me laugh... with incredulity.
    Thanks for the life advice sue. Truly valued from someone such as yourself.

  38. #938

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Good to meet Rallyboy yesterday and enjoy a few pints in the sun.
    Looking forward to the Leicester meet up.

  39. #939

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Auld Reekie
    Posts
    9,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    Good to meet Rallyboy yesterday and enjoy a few pints in the sun.
    Looking forward to the Leicester meet up.
    Pre-drinks at Hypo's?

  40. #940

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Marooned in Berkshire
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    Good to meet Rallyboy yesterday and enjoy a few pints in the sun.
    Looking forward to the Leicester meet up.
    If Rallyboy cant make the Leics beers, I hope he shares the nailed on score prediction some other way

  41. #941

    Default

    A mystery man wandered in, predicted the future, bent some spoons with his mind and then left....

    Perhaps he'll stop while he's ahead and protect that 100% record.

  42. #942

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    At my desk.
    Posts
    6,595

    Default

    Did you name our scorers?

  43. #943

    Default

    Of course.....and you are going to travel and meet a tall dark stranger.

  44. #944

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hey, Rally, you must have really lucked out with your prediction. It only works once, don't wear it out!

  45. #945

    Default

    What is this thing you call luck?

  46. #946

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    At my desk.
    Posts
    6,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Of course.....and you are going to travel and meet a tall dark stranger.
    Well, I normally drink elsewhere pre-match, but the opportunity to meet the legend of the PTS thread is sorely tempting.. ;-)

  47. #947

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    faraway
    Posts
    5,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coxford_lou View Post
    I haven't left this site, thanks very much. I'm still a full member. Get yer facts straight,
    Hypo...
    Good, I was concerned.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •