West Ham interested in Pelle

Saint Charlie

I think Pelle did pretty well for his first season in the Prem, infact did brilliantly. You lot expect way too much. If you think he's going to score goals on a Sergio Aguero rate, then you've got another thing coming.

I think Pelle did pretty well for his first season in the Prem, infact did brilliantly. You lot expect way too much. If you think he's going to score goals on a Sergio Aguero rate, then you've got another thing coming.

I think not going 14 league games without a goal is not too much to ask

I think not going 14 league games without a goal is not too much to ask

Was very unlucky during that period. He hit the woodwork many-a-time and had many near chances, but nothing was going his way; thus his confidence shattered.

Carroll vs Pelle? Carroll is injured again and quite possibly always will be from now. It has happened an awful lot so WHU really can't rely on him. So they want another big striker so Pelle ticks the boxes. They are above us in the wage stakes as well, paying Carroll something like £80-90k a week.

Was very unlucky during that period. He hit the woodwork many-a-time and had many near chances, but nothing was going his way; thus his confidence shattered.

Unlucky, or lacking skill.

Would a truly decent striker have scored some of those chances? Yes they would have. Luck can only go so far.

there was some bad luck, but there was also hitting the cross bar from inside the six yard box too. He also lost his confidence completely at one point and stopped shooting completely. RK showed tremendous patience with him, which in the end paid off as he eventually found the net and started `playing' again. I think if he had had another genuine option he would have lost his place.

there was some bad luck, but there was also hitting the cross bar from inside the six yard box too. He also lost his confidence completely at one point and stopped shooting completely. RK showed tremendous patience with him, which in the end paid off as he eventually found the net and started `playing' again. I think if he had had another genuine option he would have lost his place.

I agree to a certain extent but I also think if we had somebody apart from him banging in the goals regularly, the pressure may have been off and maybe he would have converted a few more chances instead of snatching at them.

All strikers go through barren times, the difference is the very best ones have them less often. They also have a high chance/conversion ratio but those that belong in this category don't cost £9m ish. Given this was his first season with us, in a new league and he had to play most games due to lack of competition, he did bloody well! He also offers the physicality, link up and holding play that hopefully means that the likes of Mane can exploit the space that he creates by attracting the attention of the opposition's centre backs. Perhaps Gallagher can take some of the workload off of him but otherwise, I can only see us either playing a fast front three to counter attack or we flog him into the ground.