For the smokers out there

Batman

Unenforceable just like the ban on smoking in commercial vehicles.

Police have enough on their plates as it is without having to enforce stuff like this.

(Please note that I agree with the ban, however it's just not practical.)

I'd suggest it's about as enforceable as using a mobile phone while driving.

Unenforceable just like the ban on smoking in commercial vehicles.

Police have enough on their plates as it is without having to enforce stuff like this.

(Please note that I agree with the ban, however it's just not practical.)

Police should go back to catching criminals rather than become pseudo social workers and traffic wardens.

Get them out of their cars and back on the beat.

The appointment of Police Commissioners is doing bugger all to improve the force.

I read once (no idea if true) that 40% of car accidents are caused by people dropping lighted cigarettes and then scrabbling around to stop it burning them / the car.

I knew someone whose cousin was killed whilst crossing a street at a road junction. The driver was putting in his slippers and lighting his pipe at the time.

Smokers are so fixated on getting their fix that everything else is secondary.

I read once (no idea if true) that 40% of car accidents are caused by people dropping lighted cigarettes and then scrabbling around to stop it burning them / the car.

I did just this. Dropped one into my lap whilst hammering down the outside lane of the M27. Much panic and swerving ensued.

didnt manage to hit anyone, but I was not in control for the ten seconds it took to rescue the cigarette

It took years for drink driving to become socially unacceptable and although it still happens it is nowhere as widespread as it used to be. I still see plenty of people driving whist on their mobiles and it will take more time (and deaths) before that becomes socially unacceptable. This will be the same but there will come a time when we say that we cant believe that people ever smoked in the car.

It took years for drink driving to become socially unacceptable and although it still happens it is nowhere as widespread as it used to be. I still see plenty of people driving whist on their mobiles and it will take more time (and deaths) before that becomes socially unacceptable. This will be the same but there will come a time when we say that we cant believe that people ever smoked in the car.

I just hope one day the world will look back and say they can't believe people smoked at all.

It's the 21st Century and people are still taking up smoking. Bonkers if you ask me.