Swansea (A) live on TV Tues May 8th

Shroppie

We’ll be long gone by then.

I think it will now mean a situation where we can't be down before then as we'll still have 6 points to play for.

Assuming we do nothing other than beat Bournemouth for a min of 31pts - 2 teams would have to be 38pts at least. Which I can't see - at least going in to the final week.

It's also Swansea v Stoke on the last day. We need to avoid a situation where they could MAD (Mutually Assured Draw) to send us down.

It's the hope that kills you - I'd rather get it over with.

I think it will now mean a situation where we can't be down before then as we'll still have 6 points to play for.

Assuming we do nothing other than beat Bournemouth for a min of 31pts - 2 teams would have to be 38pts at least. Which I can't see - at least going in to the final week.

It's also Swansea v Stoke on the last day. We need to avoid a situation where they could MAD (Mutually Assured Draw) to send us down.

It's the hope that kills you - I'd rather get it over with.

We’re not playing well enough to survive and have gifted wins to teams around us in the relegation fight (Newcastle, Palace and W. Ham spring to mind)

The only thing is, there are some very bad teams playing poorly enough and facing enough difficult fixtures to keep the hope glimmering.

Can't help thinking that the media, and the PL, by rearranging of our matches are doing their best to bugger our fixture list and chances of survival (as well as the FA Cup SF with the Leicester game).

Don't worry, they're not.

When would you have scheduled the Swansea and Leicester games for then?

Leicester midweek after the FA Cup semifinal, OR play it on Wednesday 18 (the day before). If the former as you say cannot be played due to CL Semifinals, then why was Serie A were allowed 4 league games yesterday on the day of the CL Quarterfinals- and one of those ties was a certain ‘Milan derby’.

Swansea game on the Wednesday would have been better as well.

Hence why above poster was saying that the fixture list could have been kinder marginally- which I guess has been by default rather than intentional. Still annoying

Edited by nta786

When would you have scheduled the Swansea and Leicester games for then?

I think nta786 has given you a decent answer.

My initial thought on the Leicester match would have been the Tuesday or Wednesday of that week. As for CL matches, both Brighton & Bournemouth have home fixtures on those nights even if the CL matches are being played. Alternatively the week after the SF.

Swansea - we're probably running out of weeks, possibly between Bournemouth and Everton, although not much to choose between those options to be honest.

Leicester midweek after the FA Cup semifinal, OR play it on Wednesday 18 (the day before). If the former as you say cannot be played due to CL Semifinals, then why was Serie A were allowed 4 league games yesterday on the day of the CL Quarterfinals- and one of those ties was a certain ‘Milan derby’.

Swansea game on the Wednesday would have been better as well.

Hence why above poster was saying that the fixture list could have been kinder marginally- which I guess has been by default rather than intentional. Still annoying

Those games in Italy yesterday kicked off early to ensure they wouldn’t clash with the Champions League. Midweek games in this county never kick off at 6pm, the police would never allow it as it’s rush hour.