Forum 'fixed' match DVD chat

OldNick

Now off to cook Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pud and an evening of watching House on DVD

Oh for that rock and roll lifestyle.

i myself am going to the finest Indian restaurant in the south of England. Anokaa. It is not a curry house but just a fantastic place.I recommend it to any others who are ever in salisbury. tell them Mr Nick hs sent you in and you will be looked after really well

Oh for that rock and roll lifestyle.

i myself am going to the finest Indian restaurant in the south of England. Anokaa. It is not a curry house but just a fantastic place.I recommend it to any others who are ever in salisbury. tell them Mr Nick hs sent you in and you will be looked after really well

It cannot beat Chicken Patia at The Asia washed down with a pint of Cobra (which I managed last Wednesday)

Anyway I assume if we say Mr Nick sent us we'll be held at knifepoint until we pay your bar tab......

Video of the equaliser and a quote from Phil which i'm sure will go down in history....

Would have posted it earlier but my payment hasn't gone through yet, so i'm still limited to 3 posts a day.

Oh thanks - at last. You know the only reason AP got the damned job ahead of the Dream team was because I couldn't include that clip with my cv.

Oh so THAT's why it took Granty so long

Oh and BTW nick - the Beef was absolutely bl**dy marvellous, as were the roast spuds and parsnips and EVEN made my own Yorkshire puddings (out the freezer)

Watching the dvd now, paused it to post how wrong nickh has been to criticise dp, believing it was his illegal substitution that won the game, their 'winner' was offside, the goal scorer comes back(slightly) from an offside position to retrieve the ball, I knew there was a reason why I felt we lost unfairly and now through this media I am able to bring closure to the nightmare of walking off the hallowed turf as a loser, the sleepless nights(prolonged due to the release date) in the spare room as I told her we were robbed and she just repeated the score line causing irreparable damage to our relationship, all because the linesman failed to raise the flag, sleep well tonight nickh as what can't speak can't lie, OFFSIDE was the shout from the No.8 with his hand raised as the ball was put through, we do not need the Toffee with the accent to spin the view it is evident on any TV, rewind slow if you like...should you need confirmation he was in an offside position when the ball was put through (although witnessed in real time by those that were close enough)

Watching the dvd now, paused it to post how wrong nickh has been to criticise dp, believing it was his illegal substitution that won the game, their 'winner' was offside, the goal scorer comes back(slightly) from an offside position to retrieve the ball, I knew there was a reason why I felt we lost unfairly and now through this media I am able to bring closure to the nightmare of walking off the hallowed turf as a loser, the sleepless nights(prolonged due to the release date) in the spare room as I told her we were robbed and she just repeated the score line causing irreparable damage to our relationship, all because the linesman failed to raise the flag, sleep well tonight nickh as what can't speak can't lie, OFFSIDE was the shout from the No.8 with his hand raised as the ball was put through, we do not need the Toffee with the accent to spin the view it is evident on any TV, rewind slow if you like...should you need confirmation he was in an offside position when the ball was put through (although witnessed in real time by those that were close enough)

Noooooooooooooo

Don't do THAT, he's already in therapy for the whole sub thing, you then come on here and add THIS to his poor mental anguish!!??!! Hell, even House won't be able to cure him now

Meanwhile, let's all slo-mo the handball for the penalty and see how totally intentional it wasn't

:D

Finished watching now, enjoyed it again despite my sour grapes post above( believed it offside at the time in addition to appealing the moment the ball was put through, suggested the same to that linesman when shakeing his hand at full time) take comfort home team that MLT's headed goals and lee_saint only played 45 otherwise could have seen a different result, saw the nutmeg by Griffo, good coverage all in all so congratulations to those involved in producing the dvd, they even managed to capture fos1 useing his right foot !!

Edited by INFLUENCED.COM

Finished watching now, enjoyed it again despite my sour grapes post above(although believed it offside at the time, in addition to appealing the moment the ball was put through, suggested the same to that linesman when shakeing his hand at full time) take comfort home team that MLT's headed goals and lee_saint only played 45 otherwise could have seen a different result, saw the nutmeg by Griffo, good coverage all in all so congratulations to those involved in producing the dvd, they even managed to capture fos1 useing his right foot !!

Although only been able to see the You-Tube links, I've sent them to mates across the planet, from Florida to Syria to Asia.

Despite the obvious stick, every single one of them has said wow about the whole production.

Yet another once in a lifetime moment, the rest of the forum must be wondering why we keep harping on about it even after 3 months.... still, next time they'll know - they should be there (with us) no matter WHAT it takes (unless of course they're fully paid up members of the Whingeing Poms association)

I'm suprised you didn't put that in, you were the films director weren't you ? its just that you appear so often ???

Wasn't MY fault... when you're a global superstar and Karaoke legend, your fans, Angelina, Paris, Billie, Tiger, Gordon Ramsey, John Burridge, that fat slapper IN Bird editor from Hello magazine and the population of Dubai just DEMAND coverage of you...

Didn't YOU get the image rights contract as well?

Mine was delivered to Saints TV in a nice padded brown envelope lent to me by 'Arry

Still, you'll all know better next time!

:D:cool:

Yet another once in a lifetime moment, the rest of the forum must be wondering why we keep harping on about it even after 3 months.... still, next time they'll know - they should be there (with us) no matter WHAT it takes (unless of course they're fully paid up members of the Whingeing Poms association)

Good shout

Wasn't MY fault... when you're a global superstar and Karaoke legend, your fans, Angelina, Paris, Billie, Tiger, Gordon Ramsey, John Burridge, that fat slapper IN Bird editor from Hello magazine and the population of Dubai just DEMAND coverage of you...

"it aint easy bein me" just feel sorry that despite nick catching the ball on various occassions, even holding onto it in attempts to capture camera time didn't gain as much air time, starting to think there is something in this conspiracy thing.

Cheers Nick, It was I who played the ball through for our 2nd goal however I don't want to take any credit for the goal, that was all down to Grantys shot which wrong footed the keeper. Had an amazing night back then, just watched the DvD for the 3rd time and it gets better every time. Regardless of the result and the 'dodgy' substitution it was quite easily the best experience ever, thanks again to all involved especially Steve, Baj, Minty and Al.

BTW Hammie - what happened to the You Tube for our equaliser and winner? My fans down here are waiting and bugging me to death!

Sorry they're a bit late Gaffer (unlike my tackles), wanted to let the dust settle down a bit, and nick's blood pressure.

Here you go.

3-3 Nexstar (Simon Goodwin)

"what an inspired substitution" dubai phil

4-3 sainforlife7 (Paul Abrahams) THE WINNER

I have a few highlights that demonstrate to the neutered just how one way the traffic was in the second half. Oh yes, and THAT substitution too.

xx's

hamster

Cheers Nick, It was I who played the ball through for our 2nd goal however I don't want to take any credit for the goal, that was all down to Grantys shot which wrong footed the keeper. Had an amazing night back then, just watched the DvD for the 3rd time and it gets better every time. Regardless of the result and the 'dodgy' substitution it was quite easily the best experience ever, thanks again to all involved especially Steve, Baj, Minty and Al.

Seen the nutmeg yet? ;)

I did the fast forward the DVD at x32 then stopped it when I saw the chance in the second half when you tried a lob on the on rushing keeper, where was the poise of sipping the ball to one side and sliding it home instead of it going 10ft wide and hitting the hoardings? That bloody smug grin would have been lost off Phils face then,they would have been dead and buried and we would have scored a hat load more. However many more dodgy subs they used would then have been pointless. A hattrick hero as well.

A bit more cool head needed in the next game, i expect at least 4 from you then.

I don't remember having a chance in the second half - there was a terrible 30 yard lofted through ball to the keeper's arms though.

As for the hat-trick, would have been interesting to see what happened had the pen come third not second... and I don't usually take penalties either.

Didn't YOU get the image rights contract as well?

Mine was delivered to Saints TV in a nice padded brown envelope lent to me by 'Arry

Still, you'll all know better next time!

:D:cool:

Hey Phil you drop names almost as many times your keeper did the ball.....only kidding only him playing as a sweeper saved the game.

Although only been able to see the You-Tube links, I've sent them to mates across the planet, from Florida to Syria to Asia.

Despite the obvious stick, every single one of them has said wow about the whole production.

I have also sent the links all over the world, Totton, Lyndurst, Barton Perverill, Shirley and Wilton.

It was just a great day and perhaps in hindsight we should keep to ourselves as next time there could well be a rush to join in.

Noooooooooooooo

Don't do THAT, he's already in therapy for the whole sub thing, you then come on here and add THIS to his poor mental anguish!!??!! Hell, even House won't be able to cure him now

Meanwhile, let's all slo-mo the handball for the penalty and see how totally intentional it wasn't

:D

Don't worry i knew that and had mentioned it the past. I dont know if i mentioned it before but there was some underhanded substitutions going on!!!

I cant wait to receive DVD 2 with the post match interviews on, if you want to hear sour grapes you can't miss that one. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
Finished watching now, enjoyed it again despite my sour grapes post above( believed it offside at the time in addition to appealing the moment the ball was put through, suggested the same to that linesman when shakeing his hand at full time) take comfort home team that MLT's headed goals and lee_saint only played 45 otherwise could have seen a different result, saw the nutmeg by Griffo, good coverage all in all so congratulations to those involved in producing the dvd, they even managed to capture fos1 useing his right foot !!

Very different! They could have got 5 or 6.

The silence is broken....... Its been the stuff of nightmares ever since the event, why o why o why did n't the ageing centre half just lump it into the stands???:mad: He's made a sunday career out of just lumping it into the stands but on this one occasion the 'have it' skill deserted me..... sorry guys - still gutted after three months!

The silence is broken....... Its been the stuff of nightmares ever since the event, why o why o why did n't the ageing centre half just lump it into the stands???:mad: He's made a sunday career out of just lumping it into the stands but on this one occasion the 'have it' skill deserted me..... sorry guys - still gutted after three months!
In all this time you have never mentioned to me the fact that it was you who let the geezer in for the winner. I have to see this DVD.

EDIT - Just watched - Lovely lay-off mate :-) Looks like you were trying to hoof it into the stand but scuffed it :D

Edited by kpturner

In all this time you have never mentioned to me the fact that it was you who let the geezer in for the winner. I have to see this DVD.

EDIT - Just watched - Lovely lay-off mate :-) Looks like you were trying to hoof it into the stand but scuffed it :D

Sadly my forwards were practising the 'have it' stuff in the pre match warmup.The9 did score a coupole of good uns, although he did a 30 yard lob that had he used his earlier composure it would be game set and match.

As for my centre half putting his hand up to admit a mistake, I only admire that he did. I myself had not noticed the mistake as I was too busy screaming abuse at the ref as more players were being swapped without him realising.

Sadly my forwards were practising the 'have it' stuff in the pre match warmup.The9 did score a coupole of good uns, although he did a 30 yard lob that had he used his earlier composure it would be game set and match.

As for my centre half putting his hand up to admit a mistake, I only admire that he did. I myself had not noticed the mistake as I was too busy screaming abuse at the ref as more players were being swapped without him realising.

For the second time, it was a (rubbish) cross. It was meant to be a chipped through ball to (I think) Foxy, who was going through the massive gap in the centre of their defence.

For the second time, it was a (rubbish) cross. It was meant to be a chipped through ball to (I think) Foxy, who was going through the massive gap in the centre of their defence.

Lol as if Foxy had the pace or energy to run that far! Foxy spent his 45 minutes commanding the centre circle, and sometimes even venturing into the opponents half of it!

It was a very un-the9 attempt and was a hatttrick opportunity missed. I will accept that having Bananaman hammering down on you with no intention of stopping, in fact much like an elephant who has seen his female partner being courted by a rival, and so taking your mind off glory but.....

Lol as if Foxy had the pace or energy to run that far! Foxy spent his 45 minutes commanding the centre circle, and sometimes even venturing into the opponents half of it!

It was a very un-the9 attempt and was a hatttrick opportunity missed. I will accept that having Bananaman hammering down on you with no intention of stopping, in fact much like an elephant who has seen his female partner being courted by a rival, and so taking your mind off glory but.....

Oh, well in that case we're talking about different incidents !

Lol, I don't think you have been the only one agonising over a "why didn't I hoof it moment..."?

The penalty for one and also I think a should have been into row Z for a throw in moment on one of the others. Still have the bruises where I slapped Foxy's head and went doh after they scored

• 10 years later...
I’m still here Nick 1 don’t post much but always lurking :suspicious:
I just watched the one that hit the post. For a moment I thought I had Frazer Forster in goal that night lol. Still brings back good memories with some smashing lads