Brazilian Grand Prix

Jimmy_D

uh? Brawn DID win the constructors. Do you mean wish he could have contributed?

Only that if he'd finished ahead of Button it'd have been him that crossed the line to earn the 1/2 point Brawn needed to clinch the title, a very very minor point I'll admit, but it would have been nice for him.

I didn't mean he was lucky to win the championship but surely no one can deny he was blessed with luck in that race. Cars taken out in front of him, safety car putting him right up there and closing the field up, puncture for RB which probably would have made no difference but nonetheless.... Some might say he was even lucky not to get a contract offer at another team when it looked like Brawn wouldn't even be on the grid at the turn of the year. There was no one else who deserved the WDC more than Jense though.

Only that if he'd finished ahead of Button it'd have been him that crossed the line to earn the 1/2 point Brawn needed to clinch the title, a very very minor point I'll admit, but it would have been nice for him.

Yeah true, a nice thank you to the team for a great car.

Brilliant race. Best I've seen since, well since Brazil last year I guess. Really happy for Jenson, his drive yesterday silenced a few critics who seem to think he wasn't a worthy champion. I have just one question after yesterday's race though....

Who the hell gave Kobayashi a superlicence? How he didn't get a penalty for all the weaving and blocking he did I will never know.

Brilliant race. Best I've seen since, well since Brazil last year I guess. Really happy for Jenson, his drive yesterday silenced a few critics who seem to think he wasn't a worthy champion. I have just one question after yesterday's race though....

Who the hell gave Kobayashi a superlicence? How he didn't get a penalty for all the weaving and blocking he did I will never know.

Kamikaze Kobayashi or Gentleman Grosjean? I know who deserves a drive more.

I thought it was a great debut by Kobayashi. Yes his blocks might have been a bit erratic (although Nakajima isn't one to talk) but he looked pretty speedy and made Fissi look a complete mug (not hard at the moment). Certainly more impressive than Algae, Buemi or Grosjean this season.

I thought it was a great debut by Kobayashi. Yes his blocks might have been a bit erratic (although Nakajima isn't one to talk) but he looked pretty speedy and made Fissi look a complete mug (not hard at the moment). Certainly more impressive than Algae, Buemi or Grosjean this season.

I agree, which is rare on an F1 thread.

I know. It's surprising how often you're wrong on a subject you should know a lot about.

Well quite, but you'd do well to remember that I tipped Button for the title on the first day the BGP001 hit the test track. Sometimes I know my stuff, young man.