Walsall

bungle

Have given up on the choo choo as its going to cost the best part of £100:mad: Two seats now booked on the bingo bus instead, deep joy:rolleyes:

Have you got a Network card? If so, getting a return t Banbury on that, and then the ticket from Banbury to New St should save you a few quid. Give it a go

Have given up on the choo choo as its going to cost the best part of £100:mad: Two seats now booked on the bingo bus instead, deep joy:rolleyes:

Cost me £30 quid for train tickets, could probably have been cheaper with a young persons raild card, you just need to book in advance.

Don't Network Cards still exist?

For games around Birmingham it was always a NW card day return to Banbury - and then a day return to Bham (or Witton, or Walsall or wherever the game was) from Banbury.

You could buy both sets of tickets from Southampton Central ticket office.

As long as your train stops at Banbury (and the Virgin ones did) then you don't actually have to change trains at Banbury.

It wasn't dirt cheap but wasn't too bad - plus you didn't have to worry about pre-booking it. You just buy the tickets on the day. Think it was about 25 quid to Banbury and then another fiver to Bham.

Also you could get any time train you wanted ie 1st one there & last one back - no need to give the guard any sob story as to why you weren't on the train it said on your ticket.

Is this option no longer available then??? If so then I've been in the USA too long...

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold?!

Considering we had an initial allocation of 2100 and the club have not mentioned anything about taking the extra allocation of 600 (which they would usually make a big thing of) then I guess we are not close to selling that yet. Considering we had over 2000 at Northampton for a fairly low key cup game and I can't imagine many saints fans have been to the Bescot stadium before we should at least be able to fill the end behind the goal.

Tickets at £18 not too bad.

The away end looks like it should be good for atmosphere.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/walsall/

About 150 miles from Southampton so depending on traffic shouldn't take too long to drive there.

Looking at the league table the next 3 away games of Walsall, Leeds and Colchester and going to be a real test.

Got my ticket for this one on the back of last nights good result. Never thought id be going to see Saints at Walsall in the league but there you go.. going on my tod so if a lonely looking chap starts talking to you be patient with him! :)

You decided to go to Walsall because we managed to beat Wycombe at home 1-0?

You decided to go to Walsall because we managed to beat Wycombe at home 1-0?

Yeah, whats wrong with that? I have to pick and choose my games mate being a mong-boy student. Apart from the games over xmas I wont get to many, been to oldham up this way adn the odd home game and thats it.

Yeah, whats wrong with that? I have to pick and choose my games mate being a mong-boy student. Apart from the games over xmas I wont get to many, been to oldham up this way adn the odd home game and thats it.

Nothing is "wrong" with it, I'm glad you're going, just don't see what difference last night's result makes to whether it is worth going to Walsall or not. :smt040

According to Walsall fans site 1770 sold as of last weekend so hopefully have 2000 up there

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=537&fid=309&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123723859

Not sure where he got the 1770 figure from but hopefully it is true.

Our ticket news could be so much better, keeping fans informed if nearly sold out, it seems to contradict itself by saying the match is "all ticket" but then £18 in advance £20 on the day, so presume you can still pay on the day? I was talking to a couple of lads last night who were planning on going, but just paying on the day.

:D

Let's hope they have good drainage at Walsall, as the weather looks pretty crap for the next few days.

Does anyone on here remember the chant at h/t to the solitary groundsman at a very wet Brentford in the FA cup a few years ago?

One fork! you've only got one fork! you've only got one fork!

Bought my ticket yesterday.

I asked how many we'd sold and the guy said over 2000 and we'd had an extra allocation.

Excellent news, hopefully a few more sold next couple of days, and there will be more paying on the day so we could get close to 2500.

Walsall's last two home crowds were 3,191 v Oldham and 4,143 v Stockport.

Another game we can get close to having 50% of the crowd for!

Excellent news, hopefully a few more sold next couple of days, and there will be more paying on the day so we could get close to 2500.

Walsall's last two home crowds were 3,191 v Oldham and 4,143 v Stockport.

Another game we can get close to having 50% of the crowd for!

Good stuff! I can't wait for this one. I don't know why, it's hardly the most glamorous of locations!

Got to say I'm surprised that we've apparently sold over 2000, fantastic turnout in my opinion.

Just recived email from our ticket office, they say we've actually sold 1600 at moment, which is still pretty good, and tickets will be available on the day so we should get near to 2000 hopefully

Just recived email from our ticket office, they say we've actually sold 1600 at moment, which is still pretty good, and tickets will be available on the day so we should get near to 2000 hopefully

The bastards lied to me.

By the way, can anyone confirm that we can pay on the day?

I know it's probably too late. However, for going to Walsall from London (Euston), if you go on the trainline and select 'via Northampton', you can get return for £13. Then its just your train to London.

Handy hint for anyone planning jaunts to the midlands.