Did I miss the drought?

Master Bates

Anyone? Did I miss the drought we had? :rolleyes:

Southern Water are talking about increasing water rates between June-September so people don't use too much water as there doesn't seem to be enough, they're even already talking about a hosepipe ban this summer :lol:

What with all the rain last year, the snow and rain this year, you'd think there'd be plenty.

Edited by Master Bates

I've never figured that out - especially considering we are surrounded by water, canals, rivers etc. We're an island :-o

Over here in Spain they do some of the most mind boggling things... every morning, without fail, they mop the pavements with water and then hose it down with... yup, water. I can never figure why as it never, ever seems to have any effect? And I would have thought, being in the arid part of Spain why they are never effected by water shortages here - especially considering the criminal misuse of it like they do above??? :S

I've never figured that out - especially considering we are surrounded by water, canals, rivers etc. We're an island :-o

Over here in Spain they do some of the most mind boggling things... every morning, without fail, they mop the pavements with water and then hose it down with... yup, water. I can never figure why as it never, ever seems to have any effect? And I would have thought, being in the arid part of Spain why they are never effected by water shortages here - especially considering the criminal misuse of it like they do above??? :S

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain. I know that's probably irrelevant, I've just never had reason to use it in context before.

We have a 'drought' and a hosepipe ban every year because the pipes that transport water to and from houses and water plants are woefully inadequate and leak all the time.

Instead of spending the income on getting these issues fixed, the people running the water companies are more interested in making a healthy profit and taking a big bonus than worrying about the inconvenience of maintenance.

We have a 'drought' and a hosepipe ban every year because the pipes that transport water to and from houses and water plants are woefully inadequate and leak all the time.

Instead of spending the income on getting these issues fixed, the people running the water companies are more interested in making a healthy profit and taking a big bonus than worrying about the inconvenience of maintenance.

He's right, there's a pipe in Oxford that is leaking on the users side of a water meter

I think that's only fair though. My pension needs dividends, der...