CCTV Images from the Poopey match

S41NTS

_47452360_footycomposite10.jpg

Anyone post on here?

Police have released 10 CCTV images of fans they want to speak to following violence in Southampton after the FA Cup tie against rivals Portsmouth.

Eleven men were arrested and charged with public order offences after bricks and bottles were thrown outside St Mary's stadium on 13 February.

Four of them were also banned from football matches for three years.

Officers hope the public may be able to identify the people in the images or those pictured will contact police.

Det Insp Linda Howard, from Hampshire police, said: "We are working hard to find those few supposed football fans who decided to mar the day by resorting to violence.

"Luckily for most of the 32,000 fans that went to the game it was a great sporting day out even if the result was not what some would have liked.

"It would be even better for those in the pictures, if they see themselves, to get in contact with us directly."

Well yes... it states in the papers that they want to 'talk' to the people in the pictures... by handing themselves in they are not pleading guilty, they are simply complying with a request you plank.

I'm sure the courts will be very lenient hearing a not guilty plea and then watching the same person smashing the f*ck out of everything on CCTV.

Yes, very clever.

I'm sure the courts will be very lenient hearing a not guilty plea and then watching the same person smashing the f*ck out of everything on CCTV.

Yes, very clever.

Did you see anyone "smashing the **** out of everytihng on CCTV"? I sure as hell didn't. This is blantent OB overkill as usual, patting themselves on the back, look at us what a great job we did, scenario. Although you happy clappy types might believe a few people stood either side of a fence shouting at each other constitutes world war three the fact is despite a lot of postuering, running around and shouting very very little happened. Go into any town centre on a friday night and you will see far far worse with probably only slaps on the wirst and fines handed out. It will be interesting to see what if any charges are brought about as the only possible one i can see is threatening words and behaviour, which would warrant a caution or a £80 fine if it happened in town on a friday night.

Did you see anyone "smashing the **** out of everytihng on CCTV"? I sure as hell didn't. This is blantent OB overkill as usual, patting themselves on the back, look at us what a great job we did, scenario. Although you happy clappy types might believe a few people stood either side of a fence shouting at each other constitutes world war three the fact is despite a lot of postuering, running around and shouting very very little happened. Go into any town centre on a friday night and you will see far far worse with probably only slaps on the wirst and fines handed out. It will be interesting to see what if any charges are brought about as the only possible one i can see is threatening words and behaviour, which would warrant a caution or a £80 fine if it happened in town on a friday night.

Well I definitely saw some footage near that car place opposite the stadium (forget the name) where there were chairs and all sorts flying.

Right, so they're asking to talk to these gentlemen to congratulate them on their dashing looks and fantastic hair styles?

No... but it might be as trivial and being a bit of a mong, it might be washed up CCTV footage etc etc...

Anyway... one thing I have never understood is when they do one of these 'operations' is why do they insist on doing the '5 o'clock knock' to catch the offenders... it's not like anyone is going to be armed or dangerous, or that they need to collect any evidence or something over a few stones being thrown is it?!

Especially when they could easily pick up the 'identified' ones at the Leeds game...

Never understood that one. :confused:

Well I definitely saw some footage near that car place opposite the stadium (forget the name) where there were chairs and all sorts flying.

You saw some footage of ONE plastic chair being thrown over a fence, a couple of rocks and stones being exchanged between both sets of fans is hardly unusual, especially for a derby game.

Lets put it into perspective... West Ham v Millwall there was 19 arrests... it looks like there will be at least double the amount from our game...

You saw some footage of ONE plastic chair being thrown over a fence, a couple of rocks and stones being exchanged between both sets of fans is hardly unusual, especially for a derby game.

Lets put it into perspective... West Ham v Millwall there was 19 arrests... it looks like there will be at least double the amount from our game...

I dont often agree with you Stu, your dress sense is horrdeous and you look like something our of the goonies but you are correct on this occasion.

There was one plastic chair thrown over the fence, one hub cap and a few stones and plastic bottles, that is all. Hardly the riots and carnage the echo is glorifying it too be with fans ripping down everything they can get their hands on. There were women in that crowd in Freeborns with a number of people wondering over to have a look at what was going on, no one was terrified like the police would have you believe, i know this because i was one of them, i had a look to see what all the fuss was about and it was hardly people fearing for their lives with missles, bricks and chairs going backwards and forwards as the echo and Police would have you believe. Usual media and police frenzy over something very minor. Yet the fellas that did it now have their faces on the front of the paper and likely to be on trumped up charges because it happened after a football match. if they had done the same or worse in town on a saturday night then it wouldn't even get a mention and likely a slap on the wrists from the police if they were unlucky. I am not condeming or condoning their behaviour and dont know any of them so have no personal loyalty and they should know if you get nicked at footie you face being stitched up in terms of punishment but lets have a bit of perspective for once. This sort of thing happens at every derby, it doesn't mean its right but it does go on and events at our game are very minor in comparison.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I dont often agree with you Stu, your dress sense is horrdeous and you look like something our of the goonies but you are correct on this occasion.

There was one plastic chair thrown over the fence, one hub cap and a few stones and plastic bottles, that is all. Hardly the riots and carnage the echo is glorifying it too be with fans ripping down everything they can get their hands on. There were women in that crowd in Freeborns with a number of people wondering over to have a look at what was going on, no one was terrified like the police would have you believe, i know this because i was one of them, i had a look to see what all the fuss was about and it was hardly people fearing for their lives with missles, bricks and chairs going backwards and forwards as the echo and Police would have you believe. Usual media and police frenzy over something very minor. Yet the fellas that did it now have their faces on the front of the paper and likely to be on trumped up charges because it happened after a football match. if they had done the same or worse in town on a saturday night then it wouldn't even get a mention and likely a slap on the wrists from the police if they were unlucky. I am not condeming or condoning their behaviour and dont know any of them so have no personal loyalty and they should know if you get nicked at footie you face being stitched up in terms of punishment but lets have a bit of perspective for once. This sort of thing happens at every derby, it doesn't mean its right but it does go on and events at our game are very minor in comparison.

What on earth gives you the right to spout off that load of old rubbish. I was with one of the ticket office staff in her car in Freeborns and she was petrified, as was her colleague who had her car kicked in by someone and the wing mirror ripped off.

Plenty of people were extremely frightened when they saw a mass of people rushing at them and screaming.

What on earth gives you the right to spout off that load of old rubbish. I was with one of the ticket office staff in her car in Freeborns and she was petrified, as was her colleague who had her car kicked in by someone and the wing mirror ripped off.

Plenty of people were extremely frightened when they saw a mass of people rushing at them and screaming.

With respect Mr DSM... which would anyone have been in the garage if they didn't want to be involved? :confused:

Oh ok, just read it again... that's a fair one... but as for the others...

What on earth girls you the right to say what i am saying is a load of rubbish? Okay so some people may have been frightened, but i had women, young kids around me and none of them appeared the least bit bothered by the supposed riot that was going on about 20 foot away and actually went out of their way to have a look at what was going on. Might i add, that i went over to have a look at what was going on to, i was not involved in anyway so am not trying to justify the incident or the actions of those involved. The point i am making is that the incident has been massively blown out of proportion by the police and the echo, as usual. The claims of bricks and missles going backwards and forwards are simply exageration. Compared to what happened at WHU v Millwall, previous Man U v Liverpool, Celtic v rangers and even previous Saints v Pompey games in Southampton and Portsmouth the incident was nothing. And for throwing a stone across a fence do people really need to have their pictures on the front of the echo, 5 o'clock knocks in a blaze of publicity (you can guarentee the dawn raids if there are any will be headline news on meridian) likely community service maybe even Prison (i kid you not) if they really want to make examples and lenghty football bans, when if they'd done the same thing on a friday night in town they'd be given a £80 fine and told not to be so naughty again. Will you or i feel safer at football and in life in general knowing that some bloke shouted and trampolined at some Pompey fans across a fence and behind a load of police is now doing community service, in prision and banned from football for 5 years? I for one wont. The only winners in this are the police who get to justify their massive fees and congratulate themselves on a job well done, the echo because it sells papers, everyone loves a story about football trouble dont they? Just have a look at what is the most read story on the echo website today.

What on earth girls you the right to say what i am saying is a load of rubbish? Okay so some people may have been frightened, but i had women, young kids around me and none of them appeared the least bit bothered by the supposed riot that was going on about 20 foot away and actually went out of their way to have a look at what was going on. Might i add, that i went over to have a look at what was going on to, i was not involved in anyway so am not trying to justify the incident or the actions of those involved. The point i am making is that the incident has been massively blown out of proportion by the police and the echo, as usual. The claims of bricks and missles going backwards and forwards are simply exageration. Compared to what happened at WHU v Millwall, previous Man U v Liverpool, Celtic v rangers and even previous Saints v Pompey games in Southampton and Portsmouth the incident was nothing. And for throwing a stone across a fence do people really need to have their pictures on the front of the echo, 5 o'clock knocks in a blaze of publicity (you can guarentee the dawn raids if there are any will be headline news on meridian) likely community service maybe even Prison (i kid you not) if they really want to make examples and lenghty football bans, when if they'd done the same thing on a friday night in town they'd be given a £80 fine and told not to be so naughty again. Will you or i feel safer at football and in life in general knowing that some bloke shouted and trampolined at some Pompey fans across a fence and behind a load of police is now doing community service, in prision and banned from football for 5 years? I for one wont. The only winners in this are the police who get to justify their massive fees and congratulate themselves on a job well done, the echo because it sells papers, everyone loves a story about football trouble dont they? Just have a look at what is the most read story on the echo website today.

can anyone explain what this means? I have never watched Green Street if that helps.

I find myself agreeing with you, stinky.

Anyone who thinks someone warrants prison or lengthy community service for returning a stone/missile which was thrown at them is deluded. I was stood out on the road when all the events were happening in the garage and I didn't see anything to write home about.

Couple of stones, couple of bricks ( which were originally thrown in by the skates )

The smashed windows etc were caused by skates throwing missiles in at Saints fans from what I could see.

But anyway... nothing really happened of note, yes the criminal damage that happened ( which was very limited according the the videos ) , there were no injuries, nobody was hurt and I have yet to see a punch being thrown in ANY video etc etc

But now people will one or all of go to prison, do community service, banned from football for 3 years, lose their jobs etc etc... all over what in anything other than football, would result in a fixed penalty at the very most.

100% spot on.

can anyone explain what this means? I have never watched Green Street if that helps.

Jumping up and down behind the police, arms outstreached as if on a trampoline, nothing to do with Green Street, just what i call it.

It wasn't even football violence because there was next to no fighting. The only injury I saw was my mate being hit by a rock, and another lad I know getting a police truncheon across the knee. I felt the police were very heavy handed that day and didn't do all that well in keeping tensions down to be honest.

I see DSM wrote "Plenty of people were extremely frightened when they saw a mass of people rushing at them and screaming". When it was all kicking off there was plenty of shirters and scarfers, kids, women, families, all having a look and following it around Northam. When it moved to the next road a long, there was a mass of 'normal supporters' there laughing and watching. I saw no fear in these people. One bloke was there giving a running commentary to his kid, who must have been about 11. "There's the older heads" "There's the youth, they are going to go round and try and get them from over there" etc. Most people taking part weren't what you'd consider hooligans.

Well I know of af least one local police officer who was attacked by the saints lot...I'm not for or against the trouble but in these modern times if you gonna act like a hooligan in front of a copper with a big video camera on his shoulder then you deserve what you get

Jumping up and down behind the police, arms outstreached as if on a trampoline, nothing to do with Green Street, just what i call it.

It does make me laugh on some of the guys we associated as yobs?

I recall watching loads of Saints fans banging on these fences while the Pompey fans was moving closer to the action, all of a sudden the fence falls down.

What happens next?

The Pompey fans move backwards quickly while the Saints fans put the fence back up in shock.

haha you've gotta laugh!

I find myself agreeing with you, stinky.

Anyone who thinks someone warrants prison or lengthy community service for returning a stone/missile which was thrown at them is deluded.

Tell that to my brother who lost an eye from a stone thrown at him by some tossers rucking at a Wolves game in the 90's. He was just passing, hadn't even been to the game.

I think anyone who thinks the police will hand out prison sentences is having a "laaarf!" The most that lot will get will be a fine and a banning order.

Hants OB put 35 skates in prison at 'that' Fratton derby... it's not a 'larf' it's a strong possibility. After all... none of us know what the people they arrested are going to be charged with.