Swindon Highlights Up [UK Fans Only]

St Landrew

Their scorer was damn close to offside when the ball was put through to him ...more than I'd realised on the night.

Looking at the highlights again I'm even more puzzled as to why their number 3 wasn't also at least booked for pushing James when he was on the ground injured by the bloke who was sent off.

k.

i gave my season ticket to a mate for this game and he said we were crap...?! looks from this like we dominated them tho and were unlucky to lose??

At the risk of starting all the painful after game posts all over again, we weren't crap. We were well on top in first half and might have scored 2 or 3 with a bit more luck. Second half they scored with virtually their only shot and then broke our play up well, and we got more and more panicky and looked less and less convincing as the game went on.

Hit woodwork 3 or 4 times. 1 shot cleared off line and 2 or 3 others well -saved by their keeper.

K.

Judging by those highlights, that looks like a game we should have won ???

We had several good chances, on another day we would have been out of sight by half time, Swindon had a game plan which worked but also had a fair bit of luck too, two off the line, we hit the post and cross bar, their goal had a look of offside about it, on another day it might have been given but sometimes they go for you sometimes they dont. If one of those shots goes in in the first half its a different game as Swindon wouldn't have been able to sit back. Anyway, this has all been done on other threads, one thing is for sure though, if one of those shots had gone in in the first half and we had won 1-0 rather than losing then i'm sure no one would be saying we were crap and all our new signings are awful.

At the risk of starting all the painful after game posts all over again, we weren't crap. We were well on top in first half and might have scored 2 or 3 with a bit more luck. Second half they scored with virtually their only shot and then broke our play up well, and we got more and more panicky and looked less and less convincing as the game went on.

Hit woodwork 3 or 4 times. 1 shot cleared off line and 2 or 3 others well -saved by their keeper.

K.

we should have won, but 5 minutes into second half i knew we were going to lose, could not get ball of them at start of second half.. they were always going to score, and we were not the same going forward this time.

We had several good chances, on another day we would have been out of sight by half time, Swindon had a game plan which worked but also had a fair bit of luck too, two off the line, we hit the post and cross bar, their goal had a look of offside about it, on another day it might have been given but sometimes they go for you sometimes they dont. If one of those shots goes in in the first half its a different game as Swindon wouldn't have been able to sit back. Anyway, this has all been done on other threads, one thing is for sure though, if one of those shots had gone in in the first half and we had won 1-0 rather than losing then i'm sure no one would be saying we were crap and all our new signings are awful.

My post match fred after a few beers and past 2am Dubai time shortly after the match ended. ..........

A little bit of luck and we could have had 3 or 4 goals .... woodwork twicwe and 2 off the line plus a goal disallowed :( whilst playing badly.

Disappointed ... a resounding YES .... but after some of last seasons feeble efforts where some games we didn't even manage a shot on target or force a corner .... only consolation .... even the most eternal optimist has to admit that The Play Offs are out of the question. Lets just go for the being less than 10 points off the play offs, and have the moral high ground that we should have been in the play offs as the target between now and the end of the season.

Seems like a few people coming round to this point of view in the cold light of day. :cool:

At the end of the day Swindon are where they are because they have been pretty damn good over the course of 30 odd games.

Losing to swindon seemed such a big shock, but look at the league table .... smell the coffee etc, the times of us being a Big Club have temporarilly been put on hold ... but we are now on the way back.

**** poor from Harding for their goal... and the chance before.

Just before their goal someone, i cant remember who, gave the ball away really cheaply under no pressure which basically cost us the goal. That was very poor.

Judging by the highlights on Saturday, Leeds matched us, but we actually slaughtered them.

On Tuesday we had most of the chances, but they were the better footballing side throughout and deserved the win just for the amount of work their team put in.

**** poor from Harding for their goal... and the chance before.

To be fair to the defence, even in the video you can see we committed a foul in midfield and the defence momentarily pauses waiting for the ref to give the foul, but he takes so long to do anything that they play on and THEN he waves advantage.

We lapsed for a split second, and understandably, but it was just onside and cost us the result.

Just before their goal someone, i cant remember who, gave the ball away really cheaply under no pressure which basically cost us the goal. That was very poor.

It was Fonte. Poor clearance, effectively passed to a swindon player near the middle of the pitch, which then led to their attack.

Even a good player like him can make mistakes. Still a top centre back IMO and Harding is still a top LB.

K.

It was Fonte. Poor clearance, effectively passed to a swindon player near the middle of the pitch, which then led to their attack.

Even a good player like him can make mistakes. Still a top centre back IMO and Harding is still a top LB.

K.

agreed, both of them would be comfortable in the CCC. unfortuntely when a defender gives the ball away it can often lead to trouble, when a striker does it, it goes unnoticed.