Query on tickets

Amesbury Saint

The tickets with the stubs torn off need to be given to the concessions as adults will be unable to enter the ground with these tickets.

Kind Regards

Victoria Lockett

Ticket Office Assistant

Southampton

FOOTBALL CLUB

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk

Tel: 0845 688 9288

Southampton Football Club Limited, St Mary’s Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP

Ummm stupid question but who will know?! Don't you scan the ticket at the turnstile and walk on in?!?!

Stupid answer - the bar code in the ticket points to either full price or concession - full price will trigger a green light and you walk on in - concession triggers an amber light and the stewards will look to see if it is being presented by an u16 or an over 65.

Fairly confident you will not be able to swipe a children's ticket and breeze on in... unless of course it's 'busy' and/or the stewards take not a blind bit of notice of doing their jobs properly!

All the above IMHO and completely made-up but I figure that's how it works ... HTH.

Stupid answer - the bar code in the ticket points to either full price or concession - full price will trigger a green light and you walk on in - concession triggers an amber light and the stewards will look to see if it is being presented by an u16 or an over 65.

Fairly confident you will not be able to swipe a children's ticket and breeze on in... unless of course it's 'busy' and/or the stewards take not a blind bit of notice of doing their jobs properly!

All the above IMHO and completely made-up but I figure that's how it works ... HTH.

Nice one! I never saw that when I went before!

Is that over 65 or over 60? I just asked for a senior ticket, which for Saints is over 60, and that's what they sent me, no questions asked.

What happens to those of us who ordered a large batch of tickets (personally had to order 20, including a couple of concessions) but have handed out the tickets randomly to those within the group - and we wont all be meeting up before we get into the stadium.

What happens to those of us who ordered a large batch of tickets (personally had to order 20, including a couple of concessions) but have handed out the tickets randomly to those within the group - and we wont all be meeting up before we get into the stadium.

Yes, that is a similar situation as to what I am in. Couldn't they have marked the concession tickets properly or at least told us which ones they were?

I ordered 10 tickets including 2 concessions (seniors) and presumed that the 2 tickets with only one stub were the senior tickets, as all the tickets showed full price, that identified them as concessions.

The Carlisle senior concession is over 65 but the Southampton concession is over 60, this is because the normal club concessions at each club apply.

I ordered 10 tickets including 2 concessions (seniors) and presumed that the 2 tickets with only one stub were the senior tickets, as all the tickets showed full price, that identified them as concessions.

The Carlisle senior concession is over 65 but the Southampton concession is over 60, this is because the normal club concessions at each club apply.

Or because we're old before our time down here!

Or because we're old before our time down here!

The Carlisle forum were complaining because their criteria was 65 for seniors, whilst we were getting the concession at 60. It was explained that the ticketing policy was dictated by the clubs own rules which had to be adhered to for the final tickets.

The Carlisle forum were complaining because their criteria was 65 for seniors, whilst we were getting the concession at 60. It was explained that the ticketing policy was dictated by the clubs own rules which had to be adhered to for the final tickets.

Anyway seeing as their Chairman has said they will have to cut costs next season because of their poor gates I suppose OAPs starting at 65 is normal.

65 being the retirement age in the UK (or so it was)

Anyway seeing as their Chairman has said they will have to cut costs next season because of their poor gates I suppose OAPs starting at 65 is normal.

65 being the retirement age in the UK (or so it was)

Not for women, and in these days of equality it has to be the same for both sexes. So it can be either 60 or 65, just so long as it's equal.

So what do people who have given tickets out to their party do when adults have tickets with one of the stubs torn off?

They have to go against everything 99% of posters on here seem capable of and use their initiative to find a way of swapping the tickets over so they have the correct ones.

Are people seriously suggesting that they didn't notice or wonder why some tickets had smaller stubs until now? (Those who have literally just received theirs excluded.)

I ordered two big batches, one had two concessions and one had one, when I received the tickets I managed to work out which should have been for which in about 2 seconds.

Quite bemused there seems to be so much confusion...

Are people seriously suggesting that they didn't notice or wonder why some tickets had smaller stubs until now? (Those who have literally just received theirs excluded.)

I ordered two big batches, one had two concessions and one had one, when I received the tickets I managed to work out which should have been for which in about 2 seconds.

Quite bemused there seems to be so much confusion...

I think the confusion is because they are all printed with the full price on, which in this day and age seems a bit rubbish really.