Saints after Ryan Dickson

Wes Tender

Seems that we're after Ryan Dickson from Brentford. Early days for a projected summer signing, but do we need another left back? We already have Dan Harding and Mills.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/brentford-fc-ealing/2010/03/30/southampton-face-competition-for-bees-defender-64767-26139461/

Edited by Wes Tender
Name mispelled in title - please alter, mods

Yes, that's the guy. Looked a good player but it's a right-back we could do with more.

Agree - I seriously hope that AP isn't having any bright ideas about playing Harding at RB and sees it nothing more than an emergency measure. I trust he doesn't.

Defensively hes look OK in either position -hence his rating in sunday's MOM poll- but he doesn't look half as confident going forward.

Still I do understand the desire to strengthen our fullbacks. They can be the difference between winning and losing stalemates like the Swindon game.

Edited by shurlock

Probably one of the best left backs in the league tbf and yes I included Harding in that. Very close between the two of them i'd say. Dickson however is Brentford's main attacking threat, like Bale was for us.

I'd be surprised but delighted if we did sign him. If only because it would mug off my Brentford supporting house mate.

The world and its nan have figured out that we might have a bit of money, we were very busy in january and the press have taken note. I excpect us to be linked with a lot of players this summer most of it will be rubbish. AP hasn't really put a foot wrong with his player signings so far so I trust him to get the right players in and for the right postions.

Not going to start another thread because I didn't rate him, but the guy that plays left wing for Carlisle (the one Dan Harding had in his pocket) is supposedly to have had an inquiry some weeks back from Saints.

He is a cheating diver - thankfully the Ref at Wembley sussed him out early on.

I take all these transfer stories with an even bigger pinch of salt than usual. Don't we now have 6 scouts around the country watching players for us? I imagine that is plenty more than most other clubs in this division so the moment we have a scout at a match (anything up to 6 a weekend!) I imagine the rumour mill starts.

Seems that we're after Ryan Dickson from Brentford. Early days for a projected summer signing, but do we need another left back? We already have Dan Harding and Mills.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/brentford-fc-ealing/2010/03/30/southampton-face-competition-for-bees-defender-64767-26139461/

of course now you have sussed AP's scouting theory.

everytime an opponent plays well against us - we sign him !

great idea :supz: