4-5-1

hypochondriac

Im afraid Pardew tonight has cost us a shot at the play offs. Arrogance at its worst. He must be the only person who has watched saints more then 4 or 5 times this season that would have expected 4-5-1 to get us the result tonight.

Such as shame. Lets hope he learns from this mistake.

The 4-5-1 formation achieved what it set out to tonight. ONE point

You really reckon Pardew was willfully only after one point ? No way, that's unforgivable.

I reckon he really cannot see that the time for caution is gone. That is stupidity or stubborness. At least they are both human failings.

You really reckon Pardew was willfully only after one point ? No way, that's unforgivable.

I reckon he really cannot see that the time for caution is gone. That is stupidity or stubborness. At least they are both human failings.

More of a reaction to missing Morgan I reckon. I think AP knows our midfield without Morgan is weak (I mean Wotton com'on). Last sunday he went for the route one option to avoid midfield which worked a treat. Today he tried to pack midfield to stop us being overun by Brightons five man midfield, it didn't work. He did go all out with the subs which did work, although I think he probably should have made the changes earlier. In a normal season a point away from home against a top 3 form side we be an alright result. Unfortunetly this isn't a normal season.

The 4-5-1 formation achieved what it set out to tonight. ONE point

Look I am not for one minute suggesting that AP got it absolutely wrong tonight, but he certainly did not set out for one point. If that was the case then why bring on Barnard in the 80th minute?? Doesn't make sense. He wanted a win f'sure - trouble is the game plan was not entirely successful and we came away with a lucky draw.

In the context of a whole season, this would be a 'so-what' moment - but right now to some peeps it seems like we've thrown away the chance to go top of the Prem and so the wrist slashers are out in force.

So we should have played 4-2-4 for the hell of it, nothing to lose, time to excel blah, blah, blah.... and then if we'd lost (against an in form side TBF) you would have been fine with that would you?

Look I am not for one minute suggesting that AP got it absolutely wrong tonight, but he certainly did not set out for one point. If that was the case then why bring on Barnard in the 80th minute?? Doesn't make sense. He wanted a win f'sure - trouble is the game plan was not entirely successful and we came away with a lucky draw.

In the context of a whole season, this would be a 'so-what' moment - but right now to some peeps it seems like we've thrown away the chance to go top of the Prem and so the wrist slashers are out in force.

Agreed. I was always told away draws where decent results if you have strong home form. We'd be what two points off the playoffs with nine matches to go without the points penalty and this would look like an ok result.

We,ve got the better team,play the formation WE want and let Brighton worry about it,not the other way around.

We,ve got the better team,play the formation WE want and let Brighton worry about it,not the other way around.

Do you mean we as in the fans:confused: I believe AP was playing the formation he wanted. To be honest we have no idea what information manager has about players, the oppostion etc that helps him decide how to approach a match. AP must have felt 4-5-1 the way to go on based on the information he had.

We had a clear deck tonight. JPT finished, job done. Clear road ahead, win 9 games.

And we put out a defensive 4-5-1 team.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It was NOT a defensive side, as i've already proven.

Defensive players; Davis, Fonte, Jaidi, Wotton.

Attacking players; Puncheon, Lallana, Antonio, Lambert.

Hammond for me goes in both categories. You could say he is a more defensive player, but he also scored a goal.