Pardew tells it like it is...

.comsaint

Its nice to see that our manager and team still believe that the play offs are still a possibility........................ un like a large number of negative numpties on here who seem to live in a Football world detached from reality: some of them do make you wish that we had gone bust last year just so that you did not have to read the clap trap that gets posted following our most successful season for a few years.

Well I suppose after reading what Pardew has said, the only thing we can do is back him. There's no point in recriminations now and there is very little room for maneuver, at this stage. The next two homes games have to be won, nothing else can be considered. Then we'll see where we are. It's after games where results haven't gone as well as we'd hoped that we show whether we are Saints supporters or just whingers.

"I had to pick a side that I thought was going to cope with this terrain"

We've long since proven that changing our game to suit the opposition/conditions will not work. We need to play OUR game.

Sorry AP, but you're wrong here IMO.

Have to agree, didnt know certain players were suited to certain terrains lol. Soon enough instead of buying a forward or a midfielder, we'll be buying an all round soft ground, preferrably muddy, best in the winter months sorta player

Obviously when you questioned the fact that Pardew didn't have a choice in who he selected, in particular, Connolly.

You really should practice your native language more, Fritz...

Nope, thats you putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, I am afraid. I was thinking of Waigo and Barnard when I answered Window Cleaner.

Maybe it is you who need more practice, Johnny.

Nope, thats you putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, I am afraid. I was thinking of Waigo and Barnard when I answered Window Cleaner.

Sorry for that mistake, Fritz. Obviously the name "Connolly" is Austrian German for "Waigo and Barnard". I shall be more careful in the future, on the rare occassions I read your depressing and obviously desparate cries for Anglo-Saxon discourse, that are your posts.

Have to agree, didnt know certain players were suited to certain terrains lol. Soon enough instead of buying a forward or a midfielder, we'll be buying an all round soft ground, preferrably muddy, best in the winter months sorta player

Horses for courses.

I agree that its a good point gained. The problem is we are all in "must win every game" mode, myself included so my initial reaction was anger, but on reflection I think it was a good result.

I am frustrated that we seem to keep placing emphasis on the opposition when setting out our tactics, especially away from home, rather than imposing our own game on them