RIP Malcolm McLaren

Pancake

Strange, a question came up on who wants to be a millionaire last night on sky. The question was who was the manager of the Sex Pistols. Me and my mate ended up having a long conversation about Malcolm McLaren and The Sex Pistols. I didn't even know he was ill. Strange hearing this after just talking about him.

Not particularly sad. He was a pretentious tosser who tried to claim all the credit for the Sex Pistols when they would have happened with or without him. He left Lydon high and dry in America after their final tour and ripped the Pistols off something chronic.

Not particularly sad. He was a pretentious tosser who tried to claim all the credit for the Sex Pistols when they would have happened with or without him. He left Lydon high and dry in America after their final tour and ripped the Pistols off something chronic.

+1

Just watch Great Rock n Roll Swindle - "Me this" and "Me that".. "I planned it all".

Wonder how John Lydon reacted to the news.

Wonder how John Lydon reacted to the news.

Very graciously (in public at least), he said something along the lines of 'he was always entertaining'. Julian Temple was on radio 4 this morning and he said Lydon's comments were incredible when you consider the animosity between them.

I was never a huge Pistols fan (for me it was The Clash and Buzz****s), and you can’t discuss MM without talking about his many flaws but I was genuinely sad to hear of his death.

A very colourful character who wasn't afraid to go against the norm and speak his mind. Not everyone's cup of tea - he often came across as a bit up his own ar3e, but no more so than Lydon IMO. A very talented musician who brought joy to many and whose unique perspective on the music industry is sadly lacking in this day and age.

Congratulations on all you achieved Malcolm, and may you rest in peace.

No they wouldn't, MM spotted rotten wondering the kings road and liked his ' I hate pink floyd' t shirt , be friended him and introduced him to the others.

Saying that i was no fan and he did indeed rip off the pistols.

R.I.P. Say hi to strummer and tell bill grundy he's a ****ing rotter :D

Did he really shake up the music industry? Maybe for about 5 minutes and then it was business as usual. I think he took on awful lot of credit for things that happened around him and there was a very good piece in the Times yesterday about what a poor manager he was. Still, a very colourful character all the same. RIP.