Mmmm, bacon

Pancake

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Oh wow, a bacon thread. It's been ages...

Smoked middle in thick crusty white bread with HP. Butter of course, not margarine...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
What DSM said, but without the HP and with lashings of ketchup.

Can you have lashings of Ketchup (Heinz only of course)?

I thought it was only ginger beer that was measured in lashings???

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Of course it's Heinz, what do you take me for!?

I measure lots of things in lashings tbh. It's a dying art form.

Having said that, there are some very acceptable foreign ketchups to be had in Europe; especially the ones with chili in them.

Are you a big boy?

Only in some areas. There is nothing wrong with doing it properly IMHO. cant stand it when you get a bacon sandwich at someone's house and there is too much bread for the amount of bacon. Plus you get the salty crispness from the streaky and the light taste and texture from the back.

No - it's got to be HP every time :)

HP Sauce Mmmmm.

Of course you all realise that the 'traditional family recipe' was taken by the original makers in settlement for a debt*. 'family recipe' maybe, but not thier's that's for sure.

An unpaid debt for supply of vinegar of all things.

Here endeth the lesson.

HP Sauce not so sure it MUST be HP. Daddies Sauce hits the spot (We get HP here but have to "import" DS

Ketchup - only when you leave you realise Heinz is NOT the best. Kimball Ketchup rocks, my Kids take suitcase amounts home after their stop overs.

http://www.alibaba.com/product/kw106056020-234922393-0/Kimball_Ketchup.html

Seems they are owned by Campbells Condensed Soups & is Malaysian and these guys import it here

Bacon... Hmm

Over here we can buy cheap Kenyan "Family Choice" Bacon at about 2.20 for 200g. Occassionally we can find Iceland Bacon ( a zillion times better) and 6 quid for a 1.50 pack.

But one type I do like is Oscar Myers Hickory Smoked Bacon - It is American Streaky but they do a thick (Hearty) cut version. Yummmm if cooked right but like all over foreign Streaky if not.

As for the other sauces. Maggi or Kimball Chilli Sauce, end of. Not only on Bangers etc but use 1/3rd a small bottle poured onto fried mushrooms about 2 minutes before you serve them and you have Chilli Mushrooms par excellence with the Bacon Butty or (better) a Good Steak.

Oh if overseas don't EVER buy A1 Steak Sauce thinking it would be a substitute for HP

Oh if overseas don't EVER buy A1 Steak Sauce thinking it would be a substitute for HP

I like A1 Steak sauce, but it tastes nothing like HP brown sauce. However HP make their own steak sauce which tastes exactly like A1.

Edited by buctootim

What DSM said, but without the HP and with lashings of ketchup.

+1

I too use the word 'lashings', my definition being a disproportionate amount of something which even though seems to be far too much at the time of application/thought is strangely just about the optimum amount when consumed/carried out.

Anyone just started a family? Get some of this into the sprog....

bacon_baby.jpg

Or perhaps not.