After you thrashed Derby 1-0.......

PES

.....There was much rejoicing on this board. What happened to the world beaters that Stu and co. heralded? To be honest, I rightly felt at the time it was a knee jerk over the top reaction to what was a result against a team which had not won for over a year, your fans, desperate for something positive jumped on one performance and went, im sure you'll admit completely OTT.

However, (now i've got my snide remarks out the way!) Looking on the main board the reaction again is equally silly, I really believe if the fans show patience you could by the end of the season have a young side, ready to compete for the playoffs next year. Also you will have the immense satisfaction of watching your side develop, evolve and improve. Isn't that what all real fans of football want? I'd love to see more of that at Pompey, rather than our constant trading in mercenaries.

Sadly i'm sure that many (not all) of those who so quickly spunked their pants over one Saints performance are the first now to impatiently scream for the head of all and sundry and calling for yet more damaging changes to the Saints set up and management. It's madness, your all f****** ill in the head. ;):)

.....There was much rejoicing on this board. What happened to the world beaters that Stu and co. heralded? To be honest, I rightly felt at the time it was a knee jerk over the top reaction to what was a result against a team which had not won for over a year, your fans, desperate for something positive jumped on one performance and went, im sure you'll admit completely OTT.

However, (now i've got my snide remarks out the way!) Looking on the main board the reaction again is equally silly, I really believe if the fans show patience you could by the end of the season have a young side, ready to compete for the playoffs next year. Also you will have the immense satisfaction of watching your side develop, evolve and improve. Isn't that what all real fans of football want? I'd love to see more of that at Pompey, rather than our constant trading in mercenaries.

Sadly i'm sure that many (not all) of those who so quickly spunked their pants over one Saints performance are the first now to impatiently scream for the head of all and sundry and calling for yet more damaging changes to the Saints set up and management. It's madness, your all f****** ill in the head. ;):)

Despite the source, he has a point. There was a massive overreaction when we beat Derby and Birmingham, now there is a massive overreaction the other way. Or is there...? :confused:

Also, the victory against Brum WAS a good result, any way you choose to look at it. They're not exactly a shadow of their Premiership side, are they? The Derby reaction may seem a little overdone but considering many of us see SFC as the team that other teams or players end their record-breaking "goalless streak", "losing run", "haven't won away for a year", "can't buy a goal", "haven't scored 7 in a competitive match since 1900" runs against, that win was a very pleasant surprise. I had us as a nailed-on defeat and we weren't even playing badly back then.

Of course it's an over-reaction. We've been losing to teams like Rotherham in the cup for as long as I've been going to games.

Just off the top of my head: Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Stockport, Fulham (when they were two divisions below us), Rotherham (twice), Notts County, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere, Peterborough...

Of course it's an over-reaction. We've been losing to teams like Rotherham in the cup for as long as I've been going to games.

Just off the top of my head: Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Stockport, Fulham (when they were two divisions below us), Rotherham (twice), Notts County, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere, Peterborough...

It's not only last night though is it. That's 5 bad games in a row.

You should have taken up Stu on his bet.

:(

yes you do but it nearly was not coated that time.Your guard had slipped PES

I'm not on my Guard Nick, If I can rip the p*ss out of you lot I will, it's just I'll do it with Style and Panache! Besides, I'm sure you'll 'get some in' after we exit the cup tonight to Chelsea. I'm going but I really don't want too (I cant be bothered, I know for a fact we'll lose). :(

You should have taken up Stu on his bet.

Nah, I still think you'll finish midtable Denzil (despite all the wrist slashing) and I'll be happy with a mid table finish for Pompey, to my mind it's too close to call, so I'm glad I never took Stu's Bet.

I like the cut of your jib. And thanks for that it is good to have an outside perspective. Especially one form yourself.

:(

I'm not on my Guard Nick, If I can rip the p*ss out of you lot I will, it's just I'll do it with Style and Panache! Besides, I'm sure you'll 'get some in' after we exit the cup tonight to Chelsea. I'm going but I really don't want too (I cant be bothered, I know for a fact we'll lose). :(

Style and Panache!! is not what I associate you with Pes. After all you got excited driving a Volvo.that Fiat Punto ( was it?)must seem lumpy now you are home.

I do hope you enjoy your game tonight, i msure it will be full of joy for you.......ohhhhhh.

Were you singing Harrys name tonight and asking him to give you all a wave?