Next Year's Fixtures

suewhistle

Anybody know when they come out? I try and see a few games on my summer trip to the UK and fit in visits to friends at the same time so a bit of advance planning is necessary. I'm much more optimistic about next season and even hope to see an away win after this season's depressing game at Huddersfield, only alleviated by some very nice pints of Timmy Taylor's.

Not before the playoffs for sure!

I'm looking forward to Peterborough away - and Huddersfield as I don't think they will go up! Sheffield Wednesday away is always a good one too - I think they are coming down.

Hartlepool, Oldham, Walsall, Tranmere, and least not forget the three south coast derbies at Brighton, Bournemouth and Plymouth!

I really think next season will rock with the away fans doing more the image of our club than those oiks who try to create hostilities around SMS after games! I know we have a few who travel - but I think if they step out of line next season, some of the older fans may just react and put them in their place.

Timothy Taylor's Landlord Bitter - have you tried Sam Smith's Old Brewery Bitter - still only £1-80 pint around these parts (cheaper if you shop around!)

Not before the playoffs for sure!

I'm looking forward to Peterborough away - and Huddersfield as I don't think they will go up! Sheffield Wednesday away is always a good one too - I think they are coming down.

Hartlepool, Oldham, Walsall, Tranmere, and least not forget the three south coast derbies at Brighton, Bournemouth and Plymouth! QUOTE]

Careful Yorkie, we've got a discussion going on in a thread on derbies where some contributors don't think that any of those matches would qualify as a derby game .. Whats yr. definition of a derby game...?

see thread ..ONE local derby not enough ...

Won't happen, the fixture computer is programmed not to create "derby" matches in the opening or closing fixtures (or bank holidays, fwiw).

Down on the coast we don't have so many clubs " really close " ..it's not like Brum or London where you have good local communications.

I thought the idea was to have clubs who were closer geographically to play at such times ..bearing in mind the reduced travel services at Bank Holidays.

Carlisle ... on Boxing Day anyone ...?

Down on the coast we don't have so many clubs " really close " ..it's not like Brum or London where you have good local communications.

I thought the idea was to have clubs who were closer geographically to play at such times ..bearing in mind the reduced travel services at Bank Holidays.

Carlisle ... on Boxing Day anyone ...?

They now try to choose the Xmas/New Year fixtures to make them "not inconvenient" rather than either "derby" or "end of the earth" matches.

Just as they TRY to keep midweek matches local, with Saints @ Hartlepool being this season's notable exception.

Our last few years' "nearest Xmas" and "New Year" fixtures :

Xmas

09 Exeter (H)

08 Plymouth (A)

07 Colchester (A)

06 C Palace (H)

05 Watford (A)

NY

09 No fixture (Colchester A on 28th, FA Cup on 2nd)

08 No fixture (Reading H on 28th, FA Cup on 4th)

07 Watford (H)

06 Plymouth (A)

05 Brighton (H)

Certainly seems to be the case that we either get someone from just outside London or in the South West - being a convenient midpoint between the two, and with the SW teams a bit isolated.

Edited by The9

Timothy Taylor's Landlord Bitter - have you tried Sam Smith's Old Brewery Bitter - still only £1-80 pint around these parts (cheaper if you shop around!)

Thanks! I'll bear it in mind: I've friends near Halifax, Harrogate, and Huddersfield, as it happens so there's a good chance I'll be that way in August ..("From Hull and Halifax and Hell, good Lord deliver me").

If I do I shall be back for pub recommendations...