Jobs with Saints

RonManager

I used to work as a supervisor in the exec boxes (prem days) was a wicked job, used to supervise 10 boxes and 10 x waitresses (generally fit). Just used to walk around in a suit, looking handsome, impressing ladies and p1ssing off guys.

easy money and got to watch every game for free + free drinks all day.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Ooh la, an application form like that would land you in very hot water in France.

Are you allowed to ask people their Ethnic Group in the UK then??

You can ask it, but they don't have to give it.

I got offered a full-time job with Saints last year. :-)

I sent them an email telling them to f*ck off I would never work for Lowe when I was drunk after a game. :-(

We went into administration and I sent and email back asking if the job was still going when Liebherr took over. :-)

They never replied. :-(

For what reason?

ethnic discrimination, you're not allowed even to ask about it on job applications, all jobs are open to all races in France,except for the Defence and Education ministries and some parts of the Finance Dept which are reserved for

French Nationals only although naturalised people have equal chances of course.

A company can not ask if you are of African,European or Chinese origin, male, female, young or old. There are even moves afoot to allow anonymous resumés.

Obviously they find out eventually and have their ways of dealing with it but coming straight out and asking is a punishable crime.

ethnic discrimination, you're not allowed even to ask about it on job applications, all jobs are open to all races in France,except for the Defence and Education ministries and some parts of the Finance Dept which are reserved for

French Nationals only although naturalised people have equal chances of course.

A company can not ask if you are of African,European or Chinese origin, male, female, young or old. There are even moves afoot to allow anonymous resumés.

Obviously they find out eventually and have their ways of dealing with it but coming straight out and asking is a punishable crime.

I think the idea of having it on the forms is to prevent discrimination, not to encourage it.

The UK is clearly more enlightened than France.

you are probably right, here (in theory)every position should be decided on

qualification alone.

Mind you you need a special diploma to be a street sweeper or a dustman.

And work permits don't exist, if you can get a job you can probably get a residence permit.

Ethnic Origin

Many forms include a section asking for details of your ethnic origin. This section should play no part in the selection process but is included so that employers can measure the proportion of ethnic minority applicants and the success rate of their applications - these questionnaires have been approved by the Commission for Racial Equality. They are optional, though, so if you prefer not to complete this section there is no compulsion on you to do so.

I think Saints have been taking the Equal Opportunities employment laws to the extreme , judging by the numbers of useless spackers we have had on the pitch in the last 5 or 6 years.

Outrageous. You can't say that any more.

It's 'sub-standard' spackers.

Are you allowed to ask people their Ethnic Group in the UK then??

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/uploaded_files/code_of_practice_on_racial_equality_in_employment.pdf

4.13 To reduce the risk of unlawful racial discrimination, employers should follow the

guidelines below; smaller organisations may adapt these to their particular

circumstances.

a. The section of the application form requesting personal information

(including information about racial group) should be detachable from the rest

of the form, and not made known to members of the selection panel before

the interview.

b. The question about an applicant’s racial group should include a clear

explanation as to why this information is needed, and an assurance that the

information will be treated in strictest confidence, and will not be used to

assess suitability for the job, or in the selection decision.

As for Ethnic Group, well up yours Welsh people who claim to be "racially" discriminated against :

Ethnic group

Defined by the House of Lords as a group that regards itself or is regarded by others

as a distinct community by virtue of certain characteristics that will help to

distinguish the group from the surrounding community. Two of these characteristics

are essential:

1. a long shared history, of which the group is conscious as distinguishing it from

other groups, and the memory of which it keeps alive; and

2. a cultural tradition of its own, including family and social customs and manners,

often but not necessarily associated with religious observance.

Other relevant characteristics (one or more of which will commonly be found) are:

a. either a common geographical origin or descent from a small number of common

ancestors;

b. a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group;

c. a common literature peculiar to the group;

d. a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups or from the

general community surrounding it; and

e. being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger

community. Both a conquered people (say, the inhabitants of England shortly

after the Norman conquest) and their conquerors might be ethnic groups.

Although the House of Lords emphasised the need to interpret the word ‘ethnic’

‘relatively widely, in a broad, cultural/historic sense’, it also observed that ‘the word

“ethnic” still retains a racial flavour’. On this basis, tribunals and courts have

proceeded to rule that the English, Scots and Welsh, among others, are not racial

groups by virtue of distinct ‘ethnic origins’ (see also ‘national origins’ below andExample 1, p 16)

Looks like they didn't use this form when they signed Pulis ......

Point 5 : Applicant must be able to use their own initiative and be a team player :D

Good luck MB if you decide to apply.

Just imagine how many "the security guard / chef / tea lady / postman told me ..." inside information exclusives you'd be able to post on here :p