Make today "Back Pardew" day!!!

SW11_Saint

I think we need to show Cortese exactly what we think of Alan Pardew today - as we did at the JPT Final.

He is being as deluded as Lowe if he thinks we'll find a better manager for this Division - and one with the ability to progress with us through the leagues. Okay, we haven't made the play-off's and it's hard to take, but keep AP and the nucleus of this team together and I am convinced we'll be champions next year.

So, get behind Alan today in any way we can - and let's let NC and ML (if he's there) know exactly how we feel. Today should be a celebration regardless - after the last few years, this has been a GOOD season, playing great football, and scoring for fun. When's the last time we were able to say that?

In Pardew we trust!

If Cortese let's Alan Pardew leave then we will have to start again in August and this season will have been a waste, he needs to come out and show his support for Alan and today would be a good time to do it, this is the best season we have had as fans for years and hope he understands that.

I think we need to show Cortese exactly what we think of Alan Pardew today - as we did at the JPT Final.

He is being as deluded as Lowe if he thinks we'll find a better manager for this Division - and one with the ability to progress with us through the leagues. Okay, we haven't made the play-off's and it's hard to take, but keep AP and the nucleus of this team together and I am convinced we'll be champions next year.

So, get behind Alan today in any way we can - and let's let NC and ML (if he's there) know exactly how we feel. Today should be a celebration regardless - after the last few years, this has been a GOOD season, playing great football, and scoring for fun. When's the last time we were able to say that?

In Pardew we trust!

I think it more down to NC/ML that we have had a good season than AP

So lets let NC run the club the way he wants that said I dont see the point of removing AP

If Cortese let's Alan Pardew leave then we will have to start again in August and this season will have been a waste, he needs to come out and show his support for Alan and today would be a good time to do it, this is the best season we have had as fans for years and hope he understands that.

This this this this this this this.

We have had 3 managers in the last decade who have had absolute support from the fanbase (apart from the loonys), WGS, Pearson, and now Pardew.

They all have one thing in common. Please Mr Cortese, Pardew deserves next season.

This this this this this this this.

We have had 3 managers in the last decade who have had absolute support from the fanbase (apart from the loonys), WGS, Pearson, and now Pardew.

They all have one thing in common. Please Mr Cortese, Pardew deserves next season.

Although getting rid of Pardew would be dumb it wouldn't be a disaster, we would get another good manager and we would still have a very good squad. I would miss Alans good looks:(

So lets let NC run the club the way he wants that said I dont see the point of removing AP

Are you serious?.... Posting that ludicrous comment

It is a collective thing,ML`s money managed by NC,AP`s along with the coaching set up and the teams performance.

Although getting rid of Pardew would be dumb it wouldn't be a disaster, we would get another good manager and we would still have a very good squad. I would miss Alans good looks:(

I reckon most would want to leave if Pardew went though. We would have to rebuild AGAIN...

Alps would do his nut.

I reckon most would want to leave if Pardew went though. We would have to rebuild AGAIN...

Alps would do his nut.

I don't now why people think they would all leave, if he's replaced with a quality manager then they would surely be happy?? I think he should and will stay though, he's not going to get a better job, it's a great one to have at the moment.

Are you serious?.... Posting that ludicrous comment

It is a collective thing,ML`s money managed by NC,AP`s along with the coaching set up and the teams performance.

What a dumb comment .

Pardew proved he was incapable of getting a winning team without ML's money as our first ten results were shocking.

So without ML/NC we would not have had such a good season.

Pardew has done OK but another manager might have done better who knows.

ML/NC are much more important to the future of the club than Pardew and should be left to run the club as they see it

What a dumb comment .

Pardew proved he was incapable of getting a winning team without ML's money as our first ten results were shocking.

So without ML/NC we would not have had such a good season.

Pardew has done OK but another manager might have done better who knows.

ML/NC are much more important to the future of the club than Pardew and should be left to run the club as they see it

Oh the irony..

So you are saying just buying players is all it takes,so i guess you or me could

do it...

Well it certainly helps having Fonte and Lambert in the team

Of course but it takes more than just buying players,someone

has to coach them and in my opinion and hopefuly NC`s, Alan Pardew is the best person for the job.

A change of manager would be a massive mistake...

has to coach them and in my opinion and hopefuly NC`s, Alan Pardew is the best person for the job.

totally agree

There does appear to be some friction between AP and NC which is a shame. Hopefully that'll dissipate.

However, if NC has a plan to replace AP then it has to be a bloody big and realistic plan. A bit like when Blackburn Rovers brought in Kenny Dalglish - it really put them on the map and it worked. If we were in the Championship then it's feasible but in div 3? Can't see it happening really unless Keegan decides he wants to rip up the leagues again but that would mean big spending and I can't quite see that fitting in with NC's vision.

If pardew leaves then that would be bad

If he does go then the show goes on. For once I have faith in the people running the club to get a better person in

As for assuming the squad will all leave. Where do people get that from?

From the way they have talked about him, just a feeling I get.

If he does go then the show goes on. For once I have faith in the people running the club to get a better person in

:) This is totally laughable. Ask any team in L1 or below which they would prefer to have, Liebherr or Pardew and even the idiots on here could all answer that unanimous answer. You can easily say it's not a choice between Liebherr and Pardew, but Liebherrs attitude would not skip a beat if Pardew went, not so sure about Cortese!

As good as Pardew has shown for Saints, on a scale of 1-10 he does not make it to 1 in the really important. After all we have been through I would have thought some could have twigged on by now. And yes I fully understand the need for managerial stability, even Mandaric comes round to that point of view when he finds someone who delivers.

:) This is totally laughable. Ask any team in L1 or below which they would prefer to have, Liebherr or Pardew and even the idiots on here could all answer that unanimous answer. You can easily say it's not a choice between Liebherr and Pardew, but Liebherrs attitude would not skip a beat if Pardew went, not so sure about Cortese!

As good as Pardew has shown for Saints, on a scale of 1-10 he does not make it to 1 in the really important. After all we have been through I would have thought some could have twigged on by now. And yes I fully understand the need for managerial stability, even Mandaric comes round to that point of view when he finds someone who delivers.

Calling people idiots?

You have won that title unopposed after the highlighted comment.

Managers are very important at any club....

Making sure you have a good one for your club is where the difficulty

comes in,some managers do well at some clubs some don`t.

For me and many others Pardew is doing a good job and will continue

to do so for Southampton football club hopefully for a long time.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

it is more a question that it would give people like Lambert and Lallana the excuse to go elsewhere whereas Pardew is best placed to convince them to stay should bids from higher placed teams come in and can ask the players to show the same loyalty that he is.

Also, Pardew would end up at a higher placed team in the Premiership or Championship and would undoubtedly come back for Lambert, Lallana and probably Morgan and Puncheon too.

It basically places our project at risk and is likely to lead to the 5 year plan becoming at least a 6 year plan.

This is why I don't think that Cortese will rock the boat at this point. He will have ample opportunity in the future if Pardew fails to get us promoted next season or fails to make the premiership the season after - at which point he would be able to attract a new manager of real proven quality.

Cortese is a business man and will see the logic of keeping things together now as Pardew should win the league next year and no new manager could better that!

Totally agree...

Unfortunately there are still some mad profs, called john and other idiots up and away with the fairies. :smt011

Same peeps who drooled over Rupes and the Dutch boyzz:smt043

COYRS:)

Pardew, good manager with plenty of football experience/know how. Done a very good job in the circumstances.

Cortese, good chairman but knows feck all about football but surely does know what the majority of fans feel.

So for about the 100th time I'll say Cortese would be away with the fairies if he thought getting rid of Pardew is likely to be a good move.

Completely agree with the OP. Even beyond the results, I think AP is the right man in terms of personna for this club - I just like the way he comes across and I can see why the players must hold some respect for him. He's a football man through and through and knows what fans want to experience.

Having said all that, I really do not believe AP's job is in danger and will not be questioned until January 2011. I have not seen or heard any real evidence of NC/AP friction everyone writes about - just an old story about NC being disappointed with the placement of the team in the league. So what - pretty natural really?

We're not conditioned to thinking this way I know - but just a little bit of patience and belief in the strategy, the manager and the team is what is needed over the next 3-4 years. By then, I think it will be perfectly clear that even with a couple of spells where we take one step back to take two forward, this club is destined for a long and successful future under ML/NC and AP.

Pardew, good manager with plenty of football experience/know how. Done a very good job in the circumstances.

Cortese, good chairman but knows feck all about football but surely does know what the majority of fans feel.

So for about the 100th time I'll say Cortese would be away with the fairies if he thought getting rid of Pardew is likely to be a good move.

You need to look at the big picture and what is really important to Saints. Pardew has done well and I hope and expect him to be kept on. I believe Cortese has exactly the same feelings, but Pardew has crossed the line and created some friction.

Cortese is out of his comfort zone at Saints, he's having to factor in human imponderables which he has not had to deal with on such a level previously. In general he is dealing with it very well, but one area where we know it is having a major impact is his home life. If you ratchet up the emotions on Cortese I am sure that will not improve the domestic matters. If his family are not happy with the whole situation in Southampton, I doubt Cortese would see any further value and could easily return to a very high salary and prestigious job on the continent. It will be interesting to see how long his wife and children stay away during the summer holidays.

Why worry about Cortese, it's Liebherr that is really important? With anyone like Liebherr, the one vital aspect of this adventure with Saints is having someone who he can trust. Liebherr does absolutely nothing in the running of Saints and is not remotely interested in that aspect. It's nigh on impossible to get any real detail on Liebherr, but you get the distinct impression there are not that many Corteses in there. Many would say, no problem we can easily get someone to replace Cortese, but would Liebherr feel totally comfortable and not feel the need to become more involved? When you look at the volume of brown paper baggers involved with football, it's going to be very difficult in finding someone who is capable and you have full confidence in. Liebherr appears the perfect owner, a quiet religious man who does not interfere and prefers to leave things to a person he can trust. Take that person of trust out of the equation and what effect will this have on Liebherr?

No matter how good you feel Pardew is, if you ratch up the cracks it is just not remotely worth taking the risk of upsetting the apple cart.

I would miss Alans good looks:(

Talking of looks, it occurred to me last night watching Jonathan Ross that 'Poof 1' (right hand side of picture) of "4 Poofs and a Piano" bears a passing resemblence to Pards...

4poofspiano.jpg

No doubt this has been spotted before, and apologies if so, but it is a little uncanny/disconcerting... has anyone ever seen them in the same room at the same time??

You need to look at the big picture and what is really important to Saints. Pardew has done well and I hope and expect him to be kept on. I believe Cortese has exactly the same feelings, but Pardew has crossed the line and created some friction.

Which is precisely what I am doing and the bigger picture for me does not include sacking Pardew. Blaming him also for causing friction is a bit of a red herring given some of Cortese's comments. I hope and suspect they'll both stay and work together and accept any disagreements are not unusual in any business and particularly football. There is precisely nothing in our history which supports a constant chopping and changing of managers, indeed during the Ted Bates/Lawrie Mac era our success was down in no small way to precisely not doing that. Of course you and anyone are entitled to your opinions which on the whole are reasonable ( makes a nice change !) but for me it's a no brainer that Pardew should stay.

By the way, my original post wasn't meant to be devisive - although I understand it might possibly have been interpreted that way - today for me is just as much "thank Marcus/Nicola day" as it is "back Pardew day" (and I do think it's important that the board understand how much we believe in AP and want continuity - after all, they haven't been through the managerial dregs as we have!).

So, let's thrash Southend, watch Rickie get over 30 league goals, support the boys and celebrate what on balance has been a positive season.

Onwards and upwards!!

Edited by SW11_Saint

Completely agree with the OP. Even beyond the results, I think AP is the right man in terms of personna for this club - I just like the way he comes across and I can see why the players must hold some respect for him. He's a football man through and through and knows what fans want to experience.

Having said all that, I really do not believe AP's job is in danger and will not be questioned until January 2011. I have not seen or heard any real evidence of NC/AP friction everyone writes about - just an old story about NC being disappointed with the placement of the team in the league. So what - pretty natural really?

We're not conditioned to thinking this way I know - but just a little bit of patience and belief in the strategy, the manager and the team is what is needed over the next 3-4 years. By then, I think it will be perfectly clear that even with a couple of spells where we take one step back to take two forward, this club is destined for a long and successful future under ML/NC and AP.

This.

Any actual comments made by NC were pretty mild and overhyped hugely by the press (read - Mail & Echo, 2 papers who seem to have previous issues with the club).

I'm sure NC is disappointed we did not make the playoffs and thats a good thing. AP would have wanted more too, it does not mean however the relationship and trust between the 2 has broken down.

But if it is a straight choice between ML/NC on one side on AP on the other, I know which side my bread is buttered on.

Very worried that MLs love affair with this club may be over due to AP.

But if it is a straight choice between ML/NC on one side on AP on the other, I know which side my bread is buttered on.

Lol.

So, if you add in ten points for our deduction - I know we can't do that, but let's pretend for a little while :) - and a win last week instead of experimenting with a couple of youngsters, and we did enough this season for automatic promotion!

Not a bad season considering the first 10 or 12 games ;)

Oh, and if you think ML's love affair will be over after just one season, you've clearly been hanging around with the Al Faraj family for too long :rolleyes:

For you Pompey supporters on here....ML not fit to travel re illness..

I found it difficult to believe the rumour that ML did not come over because he was ****ed of with AP.

If he was ****ed off with AP, I am sure he would have made the trip to tell him! Successful businessmen dont hide.

Totally agree...

Unfortunately there are still some mad profs, called john and other idiots up and away with the fairies. :smt011

Same peeps who drooled over Rupes and the Dutch boyzz:smt043

COYRS:)

I did not say I thought Pardew should go I just said that NC should run the club in the way he seems fit.

I am certain if Pardew goes he will be replaced by an experienced Manager

PA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is absolutely bloody ridiculous.

:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043