1970s Lancia for Sale

Suhari

Blimey..! A Lancia Beta, no less. If they had been made out of decent metal, for the UK, back then, official Lancia dealerships would still be present in this country. I had a friend with one, and he loved it. I drove it once, and I could see why.

Can't remember the engine exactly, but I believe it hails from the same sweet family of the 2.0L DOHC Fiat Super Mirafiori.

takes me back to the mid nineties when me and a mate (a highly skilled mechanic fortunately) bought a second hand Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione. Cost an absolute bomb to buy, insure and fix but it's the best car I've ever owned.

Acceleration was brutal although it did break down regularly. Can't remember how much we sold it for in '97, but Richard Hammond on Top Gear reckoned a decent one would cost you 25k now.

Blimey..! A Lancia Beta, no less. If they had been made out of decent metal, for the UK, back then, official Lancia dealerships would still be present in this country. I had a friend with one, and he loved it. I drove it once, and I could see why.

They werent that bad at rusting. Lancia were fraudulently sold a batch of cheap Russian steel which was dreadful, but only a few months production was affected. Its that that destroyed their reputation.

Can't remember the engine exactly, but I believe it hails from the same sweet family of the 2.0L DOHC Fiat Super Mirafiori.

Fantastic engine, used for Alfas too. Made for around 40 years in different versions, up till the last Alfa Spider in 1994.

In truth though, sister company Fiats were very dodgy, metal quality wise, way back when. By the time the Fiat Tipo came out, they'd solved the problem. I had an open scratch on my Tipo, right through to the bare metal on the sill, which I left for about 8 years. It never, ever rusted. The car was completely worn out when I scrapped it. The body was fine. Still, in this day and age, the Italian car maker tradition is that their cars rust. They don't [any more than anyone elses].

All Fiat engines have something about them. Most of them are buzzy and exciting, in the true italian spirit. I don't think they've ever made a truly bad 'un.

A Lancia Beta from the 70's thats not a pile of rust... I'm a 70's Ford man at heart (Dagenham dustbins before anyone else gets in) but Lancia certainly knew how to design a car back then. That twin cam in the Miafiorri was a lovely lump, made its way into many Cortina's and Anglia's. Gearbox was a bit fragile, but was 5 speed long before Ford even knew that many gears existed.

A 'real' car, with soul.

You must be gutted to see it go.

Does it come with any service history at all?

I would not claim that there is a 'full service history' - I cannot find any service book, However, there is a history of service in the form of receipts, MOT certificates, invoices for parts etc. These date back to 1979.

I would not claim that there is a 'full service history' - I cannot find any service book, However, there is a history of service in the form of receipts, MOT certificates, invoices for parts etc. These date back to 1979.

Hmmm, I'll be keeping an eye on it, £1500 seems a bargain, but the running hot is a bit off putting.