Comedy names

iansums

I always felt sorry for that Romeo Beckham - apparently being named after the place where he was conceived.

Good job they didn't sh@g each other in a certain part of south east London or he'd have been called Peckham Beckham.....

Ah the well known New York district of Romeo.

Wasn't it Brooklyn Beckham that was named after where he was conceived?

I always felt sorry for that Romeo Beckham - apparently being named after the place where he was conceived.

Good job they didn't sh@g each other in a certain part of south east London or he'd have been called Peckham Beckham.....

Or even Beckenham Beckham.

In our class at school we had a Chris Cross and .... a Carol Service :p

Why would any parents do that :cool:

At Gatwick Airport many years ago I heard an announcement for a Mr Mustapha Noor tp go to the info desk. It was repeated about 4 times ... I wonder if somebody was on a Mike Hunt type wind up ;)

Those old enough will remember the TV presenter on local tv .. Chris Pea**** (or crispy to his mates :p)

Is there any footage of that classic set piece free kick by Coventry in the 70's (much like Mattys v Wimbledon) where Willie Carr flicked the ball up for ernie hunt to volley in .... alledgedly the commentator just exclaimed Carr - Hunt very quickly in a very excitable tone :p but this could be stuff of Seaman Staines and Roger The Cabinboy myth.

Football wise the old 'ýou're ****tu and you know you are' always made me smile, trouble was he always seem to score against us though :(

In our class at school we had a Chris Cross and .... a Carol Service :p

Why would any parents do that :cool:

At Gatwick Airport many years ago I heard an announcement for a Mr Mustapha Noor tp go to the info desk. It was repeated about 4 times ... I wonder if somebody was on a Mike Hunt type wind up ;)

Those old enough will remember the TV presenter on local tv .. Chris Pea**** (or crispy to his mates :p)

Is there any footage of that classic set piece free kick by Coventry in the 70's (much like Mattys v Wimbledon) where Willie Carr flicked the ball up for ernie hunt to volley in .... alledgedly the commentator just exclaimed Carr - Hunt very quickly in a very excitable tone :p but this could be stuff of Seaman Staines and Roger The Cabinboy myth.

Football wise the old 'ýou're ****tu and you know you are' always made me smile, trouble was he always seem to score against us though :(

Don't get it.

Yep, think you're right upon reflection - I never was any good at geography or celebrity watching though. However, the Romeo bit does still work (hav'n't they got one of those as well ?) - that well known capital of Italy...:D

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I suppose that's why a lot of skates have the Christian name 'Back Seat of a Capri?

About 12 years back, while working as a manager in a Comet store in Ashford, Kent, a bloke walked in and ended up buying a kettle. He paid cash, so I asked him his name for the receipt. He grinned at me. I asked again and he said he was Mr Robert Mortimer. I looked over his shoulder and standing behind was Mr Vic Reeves [Jim Moir]. Now there's a couple of comedy names.

About 12 years back, while working as a manager in a Comet store in Ashford, Kent, a bloke walked in and ended up buying a kettle. He paid cash, so I asked him his name for the receipt. He grinned at me. I asked again and he said he was Mr Robert Mortimer. I looked over his shoulder and standing behind was Mr Vic Reeves [Jim Moir]. Now there's a couple of comedy names.

Aha, I think they both live in Sandgate or somewhere near Romney SL. Vic used to live in the village of Aldington, where the butcher's window displayed a sign saying 'Vic Reeves personal butcher' or something along those lines.

Comedy names, well I know a Kayleigh Hunt as I am sure others on here may do.