Missing posters/name changes

Thedelldays

Not criticising but I do find it incomprehensible that people wont pay £5 for a year for something that they want and use.

I suspect there's quite a lot of people like myself who find that restricting themselves to three posts a day is not a problem or even desirable, as opposed to some THIS IS A DISGRACE IM NOT PAYING TO USE THE INTERNETZ RAWR thing.

I still like coming on here, but shortly before the £5 user fee was introduced I'd resolved to spend less time arsing around on this and other internet forums anyway. So not paying the fiver is quite a good way to discipline myself so I can just post a bit on the most interesting threads and then bugger off until the next day instead of wading through the stuff I find less interesting for the sake of it.

I find I've got no need to pay the five pounds. I like being restricted to three posts a day and would be disappointed with myself if I spent more time posting on here, I've never had the need to pm anybody either. I just can't see what I'd be paying for.

I haven't missed being able to start threads and if I make a mistake I can't edit, it's not the end of the world.

• 1 month later...

Necropost!

Anyone remember "Deckard"? Originally went by another name I think. Bisexual former police officer with a penchant for far-right views and being generally obnoxious (so could still fit seamlessly in today, ha). Posted obsessively for some months, got in some disagreement with Essruu made like he was going to take up an offer of a "chat" but then shat it and faded from view quite quickly afterwards, as I recall?

Necropost!

Anyone remember "Deckard"? Originally went by another name I think. Bisexual former police officer with a penchant for far-right views and being generally obnoxious (so could still fit seamlessly in today, ha). Posted obsessively for some months, got in some disagreement with Essruu made like he was going to take up an offer of a "chat" but then shat it and faded from view quite quickly afterwards, as I recall?

Would it be unhealthy to opine that he's still here but under a different name? :D