3d TV's

Smirking_Saint

Went into best buy yesterday for a look around, it seems a good shop with a few great little gadgets in there and i booked a test drive in the electric car so i could see if it drives any different.

I did wander over to the 3d TV's however to have a look at what all the fuss was about, and i must admit i was blown away !! Has anyone else seen them yet ?? They are fantastic, and i am now scrabbling around to find 2k to purchase one. That said though i may wait a few months until they develop the TV's that do not need the glasses.

Has anyone else seen them yet ??

If you're spending two thousand pounds on a telly, then telly has become just a bit too important in your life.

TBH i probably wont purchase one until the prices drop to around the 1k mark, i do agree 2k is a bit much in all honesty.

At the moment you need to wear those stupid glasses to watch it aswell but they really are impressive, i never thought i would be as impressed as i was.

2k for a tele and people are scrabbling around to find 300 or so to buy a season ticket...

Seriously? Are the glasses worth it? I've only just upgraded to HD, I don't want to goalposts shifting again so soon.

I work for Sony and went on a training day to figure out how to use them. I went feeling it would be a gimmick.

They were spectacular, movies in 3D were amazing, but the gaming side of it on the PS3 was fantastic! Played Motorstorm in 3D, was so much more fun than it is playing normally.

Surely it's pointless buying a 3D TV until there's actually some content available for it? Sky 3D is only available in a limited number of pubs at the moment, although I think they're launching their commercial 3D service in the autumn.

I was quite skeptical about the whole 3D thing when it first launched, but then went and watched the Blackpool v Cardiff game in the Mitre in Portswood and was actually very impressed. I do still suspect most people will see it as a bit of a gimmick though.

Is it as good as Avatar was in the cinema? I mean if I could have that kind of feel in my own home then its fair to say I could well find myself stumping up a grand or so for one.

They really are awesome, from what i saw saturday they were better than Avatar 3d in the cinema

• 3 weeks later...

One chain store over here is taking advance orders for a Panasonic TV that can switch between 3D and HD.

I had a look at a normal 3d TV and because one eye is better than the other

even with those cardboard glasses it was still a bit blured, to me anyway. No point in my buying one then :(

Edited by Saint in Paradise

saying they look fantastic is not saying there cheep/value for money etc, its simply saying that they LOOK fantastic, i to think the price is way to high on them, most people have not long invested in a hdtv,

but after trying one out in tass i was taken back by how well the 3d actuly worked,i will buy but will wait till the price drops to the £1000 mark

The screen sizes for 3D TV's are way to small at the moment...Even watching on a 58" is like watching tv in a box...it's really wierd, the 3D effects seems to shrink the screen.....120" projector screen is the way forward, if that's ever possible for 3D