strange deletion on facebook?

theyin

Saints recently launched the "officialsaints" page on facebook. It was only an outlet for new posts on the OS but it now seems to have been deleted (I might be wrong but I can't find it).

Could the gripes and groans be too much for the club to weather in a public forum?

I am deeply deeply troubled by this, it is a clear indication that cortese is going to move southampton fc to the antarctic next season. This is inextricably linked to him wanted as few STH's a possible and as few fans as possible to support the football team.

You can get at least 3 penguins on a seat.

Truth to tell if the posts on FB matched the doom and gloom air on here I'd have deleted it as well. Betfair is another very good example and though they still maintain a FB presence I'm thinking not much longer due to the rubbish/criticism/abuse posted. Some people are never happy and you get what you deserve in the end.

One infraction for you for being Penguinist.

One for me for going off topic ? :uhoh:

A man drives to a gas station and has his tank filled up. While doing this

the clerk spots two penguins sitting on the back seat of the car. He asks

the driver, "What's up with the penguins in the back seat?" The man in the car says, "I found them. I asked myself what to do with

them but, I haven't a clue."

The clerk ponders a bit then says, "You should take them to the zoo."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," says the man in the car and drives away.

The next day the man with the car is back at the same gas station. The

clerk sees the penguins are still in the back seat of the car.

"Hey, they're still here! I thought you were going to take them to the zoo!"

"Oh, I did," says the driver, "and we had a great time. Today I'm taking

them to the beach."

One for me for going off topic ? :uhoh:

A man drives to a gas station and has his tank filled up. While doing this

the clerk spots two penguins sitting on the back seat of the car. He asks

the driver, "What's up with the penguins in the back seat?" The man in the car says, "I found them. I asked myself what to do with

them but, I haven't a clue."

The clerk ponders a bit then says, "You should take them to the zoo."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," says the man in the car and drives away.

The next day the man with the car is back at the same gas station. The

clerk sees the penguins are still in the back seat of the car.

"Hey, they're still here! I thought you were going to take them to the zoo!"

"Oh, I did," says the driver, "and we had a great time. Today I'm taking

them to the beach."

:facepalm: Perhaps not for off topic but defo an infraction for the joke

Truth to tell if the posts on FB matched the doom and gloom air on here I'd have deleted it as well. Betfair is another very good example and though they still maintain a FB presence I'm thinking not much longer due to the rubbish/criticism/abuse posted. Some people are never happy and you get what you deserve in the end.

Thing is, they could easily have prevented user comments and just used it as another means of alerting people to OS articles.

Interestingly, there's been nothing posted to the officialsaints Twitter feed since the Facebook page was dropped, and the original OS article announcing the launch of the page has mysteriously disappeared.

maybe..that facebook page was not the offcialsaints or whatever...just someone pretending to be them...????

Given they announced its launch on the OS to a big fanfare, I think it's safe to say it was official, unless it's a cunning piece of misdirection :lol:

Given they announced its launch on the OS to a big fanfare, I think it's safe to say it was official, unless it's a cunning piece of misdirection :lol:

ahhh...did not know that

You probably missed it amongst the numerous emails, OS Articles and Press Releases from The Club about season ticket renewals ...... oh :blush:

Thing is, they could easily have prevented user comments and just used it as another means of alerting people to OS articles.

Interestingly, there's been nothing posted to the officialsaints Twitter feed since the Facebook page was dropped, and the original OS article announcing the launch of the page has mysteriously disappeared.

Latest Twitter on June 16th re the Bournemouth CC match so perhaps too early to judge. Home page still there.

Also worrying that SaintsWeb haven't posted on Twitter since the same day!

Conspiracy?

My company tried a facebook page & found it counter-productive so we made a business decision to bin it.....suspect the same criteria has been applied here. It was an experiment not a given right...cospiracy theorists please note!

I like the professional approach of speaking when something needs to be said & staying silent when it doesn't - it's refreshing in football.

My company tried a facebook page & found it counter-productive so we made a business decision to bin it.....suspect the same criteria has been applied here. It was an experiment not a given right...cospiracy theorists please note!

I like the professional approach of speaking when something needs to be said & staying silent when it doesn't - it's refreshing in football.

And that they could have done through facebook. If they'd have thought about it in the first place then they would have used the filters or whatever they are to not allow comments and simply use it as a portal to the OS site. The 30 seconds x2 I waste each day logging on to the site to find nowt is adding up day by day - my time is precious don't you know. Properly set up (for their purposes), the fb page would have notified me via email that there was something new to look at.

I was quick off the mark once it had been set up to decry the red blob (which looks a lot better on the shirt from the pictures I've seen - I still think SW members came up with better though), I suspect my comment and others on there weren't the kind of comments they wanted.

maybe..that facebook page was not the offcialsaints or whatever...just someone pretending to be them...????

Oh look, here he is again, once again trying to fight his friend Nicola battles.

How's the lady hunt going yet Delldays? Any luck yet? Can I just point out that Nicola Cortese is actually a man, despite the name, therfore you can't class him as your girlfriend.