Footballers autobiography

EBS1980

Stanley Matthews - The Way It Was.

Good shout.

Depending on your age I'd add.

If you fancy reading Tommy Lawton's autobiog, you can have mine. If you need to ask or google Tommy Lawton, I would presume you won't enjoy it.

Tony Adams.

Despite his "donkey" image, he comes across as an intelligent, thoughtful bloke. Doesn't try to blame anyone else for his booze problems, he faced up to them and accepts that he can't touch alcohol any more.

Tony Adams.

Despite his "donkey" image, he comes across as an intelligent, thoughtful bloke. Doesn't try to blame anyone else for his booze problems, he faced up to them and accepts that he can't touch alcohol any more.

It's a wonder he didn't top himself with the goings on at Skatesmuuf !!

Tony Adams.

Agree that "Addicted" is an interesting read, and I'm not one of Adams' greatest fans. As someone above said, Gazza's autobiography is interesting in the way that watching an inevitable car crash is "interesting" - how many times can a man b***ix his own life up before people around him say "enough - grow up"..?

I've just re-read "The Beautiful Game?" by David Conn; maybe a bit heavy on the financial anecdotes for a light holiday read, and a little out of date - 2005? - but shows what a dodgy shambles the whole business is...

I have read many a footballers Autobiography, and there are just two that I urge any football fan to read...

1. Paulo Di Canio's - Fantastic read, a great character and you really appreciate how his childhood made him the player he was.

2. Stuart Pearce's 'Psycho' - Yet another great read, another character and really down to earth.

They are my 2 favourite, but of them I must urge you all, if you havn't as of yet, read Paulo's autobiography.