Lallana gets England call up......

Mewsta

Nice. Very nice.

Lowe's academy. Lowe's find. Lowe's exciting young term.

Another England international brought through his ranks.

Lallana actually blossomed whilst Lowe was away.

It was all Dulieu's & Crouch's hard work that has got him to where he is now.

They nurtured him and resuced him from obscurity and introduced him into the first team.

His first team debut was under Ken.

His October 2006 contract was overseen by Ken.

His well crafted loans were under Ken.

His first goal was under Crouch.

It was all the hard work, vision and determination of the Dynamic Duo and their ability to spot a diamond amidst the rough that made Lallana the player he now is.:smt041

Well done to Lallana. he deserves it for his massive improvement, performances and the potential in which he has to be a big star.

I do feel a bright future for Saints but at the same time, our prized assets will be sold to avoid administration, unless we are fortunate to get investment but i have my doubts about a takeover happening.. will Rupert take a gamble and not sell what is great at the club at the moment or wont he.

January will be a worrying time for us Saints fans.

I don't really get the "he'll be gone by January" obession. Sure he's in demand and I'm sure several clubs will come in for him but I doubt if we'll let him actually leave in January. We'll tell the clubs they can have him from this summer for the same price. This of course does depend on Lallana not making a fuss but I doubt he will do that this in January already.

Impossible; 10 year waiting list.

Oh well, you could try the Washington Wizards I suppose. Nice reminder of our magical chairman.

By the way are you the bloke who lives on a park bench in the middle of Dupont Circle and shouts "Whatcha doin' with my wife?" at everyone who walks past?

I sense the same yearning for attention. It's uncanny.

Could you explain to us how Rupert Lowe found Lallana ?

Did he stand on a cold and wet touchline in a park in Bournemouth about 6 years ago and spot him personally then ?

A bit of information you might be interested in , Adam was scouted by a lovely guy called Dennis Holley and another who will remain unamed as it will only cause a row.

Denis sadly passed away five years ago dying from spinal cancer.

The other scout is still around and scouting for saints.

5 million would be great, shame he has delt for half (or so im told) of that from Fulham though. but hey, maybe what i have been told is wrong.

That would be crap. Why the hell spend 1.5 million on someone like Schneiderlin if you value Lallana at 2.5? Anyway, I don't think I believe that rumour. Especially since Rupes managed a lot more for previous talents.

In view of the Fulham rumours on here I emailed a respected friend and Saints supporter who has contacts. He has spoken to Adams Agent who is unaware of any Fulham "deal", nor is Adam. He would like to know where this rumour came from so anyone like to PM me with a name?

Clearly if it was a done deal Adam and his agent would have known. I am told Adam wants to play for Southampton. He sees his future development here and is happy with his 3 year contract.

Hope this helps

In view of the Fulham rumours on here I emailed a respected friend and Saints supporter who has contacts. He has spoken to Adams Agent who is unaware of any Fulham "deal", nor is Adam. He would like to know where this rumour came from so anyone like to PM me with a name?

Clearly if it was a done deal Adam and his agent would have known. I am told Adam wants to play for Southampton. He sees his future development here and is happy with his 3 year contract.

Hope this helps

Sorry to tight to pay £5 so dont have PM, give me your email if you like, I just wont be posting who it is on here.

Why not, what do you have to hide apart from the truth, if it is true that is.

Probably for the same reasons why many (including Weston Saint for instance) won't reveal their sources on here.

If people don't post their sources up here (and they are well within their rights not to), then your only option is to judge them on how you perceive them in this anonymous, geeky internet world.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Sorry to tight to pay £5 so dont have PM, give me your email if you like, I just wont be posting who it is on here.

I have set up a temporary email rontic04-tsw@yahoo.co.uk for you to email me. I will delete the address after I hear from you. Don't put the information on that reply. When you email me I will reply on my main account asking for the information.

Edited by Weston Saint

Anyway - back to football. Just a reminder to anyone interested:

Wales U21 v England U21 - Live Sky Sports 1 tonight. (KO: 7.45pm)

19:30pm - 22:00pm

The opening leg of the U21 European Championship Play-Off between Wales and England at Ninian Park. A place in the finals in Sweden is up for grabs for one of the home nations.

Lallana up against Lloyd James' Wales. Here's hoping Adam has a cracking game & good luck England! (No offence Lloyd) ;)

not even a sub

Hart, Wheater, Mancienne, Taylor, O'Hara, Milner, Cattermole, Huddlestone, Johnson, Noble, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Heaton, Stearman, Cork, Bertrand, Campbell, Derbyshire, Ebanks-Blake.

About right. Overlooked Saints starlet...now where have we heard that all before?

not even a sub

Hart, Wheater, Mancienne, Taylor, O'Hara, Milner, Cattermole, Huddlestone, Johnson, Noble, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Heaton, Stearman, Cork, Bertrand, Campbell, Derbyshire, Ebanks-Blake.

Strong side but if Lallana keeps progressing at the rate he has so far, he will be a regular in about a year.

Lallana is on the bench for the U21 match v Wales. No sign of Cork though.

England U21: Hart, Wheater, Mancienne, Steven Taylor, O'Hara, Noble, Huddlestone, Cattermole, Milner, Johnson, Agbonlahor Subs: Andrew Taylor, Heaton, Cranie, Muamba, Derbyshire, Campbell, Lallana

The midfield three have been totally shocking so far apart from Muamba, if they play like this every game he will be in there in no time.

B*gger! Huddlestone off and England with their noses in front I think Pearce will make defensive changes now and not attacking. Unless Wales score again..............