Lallana gets England call up......

Mewsta

Nice. Very nice.

Lowe's academy. Lowe's find. Lowe's exciting young term.

Another England international brought through his ranks.

Could you explain to us how Rupert Lowe found Lallana ?

Did he stand on a cold and wet touchline in a park in Bournemouth about 6 years ago and spot him personally then ?

Nice. Very nice.

Lowe's academy. Lowe's find. Lowe's exciting young term.

Another England international brought through his ranks.

Our academy. The scouts find . Our exciting young team!

Also only one of two playing outside of the prem hopefully Drew can keep this run of form going and push his way back in!

Edited by simo

So he wont be selling him then ?

This post is exactly why people don't like him. It's Southamptons academy, find and exciting young team. Not Lowes.

Our academy. The scouts find . Our exciting young team!

Also only one of two playing outside of the prem hopefully Drew can keep this run of form going and push his way back in!

Could you explain to us how Rupert Lowe found Lallana ?

Did he stand on a cold and wet touchline in a park in Bournemouth about 6 years ago and spot him personally then ?

4 bites on that one Scoob. Good effort. Have a Scooby snack.

Anyway, great news IMO. Surman may have suffered a loss of... everything... after his U-21 call up, but there is no reason what so ever for the same to happen here. I'm also surprised as I thought Lallana had already played for the Taffy U-21s at some point.

Imagine an England U-21 line-up featuring Surman, Lallana, Blackstock, Cranie, M. Mills and (unlikely these days) Walcott. Just goes to show that timing is everything with these kids. Throw them in too early and they and the team suffer. Throw them in late and they get p*ssed off and leave.

We'd have to take 5 or 6 million I think. Lad looks like a good player but honestly we need the money just now.Financial stability has got to be more important than hanging on to one player (unless he doesn't want to move,that's different).

Agreed. Five million would be a nice bit of business by Lowe.

We have already turned down bids for him.

If he does go in January for example I think that Romain Gasmi may replace him in his role behind the striker

Well we couldn't have had any proper bids, treating him as a regular first team player that he now is. Now those start coming in, the deal will be done fairly much with Lowe's hands tied.

So what if it doesn't make sense from a footballing/team perspective?

Is finance the ONLY consideration?

I wouldn't say it's the 'only' consideration but all other considerations will ultimately have finance as the common or root denominator.

i.e. if removing him from the team significantly increases our chances of relegation or significantly lessens our chances of promotion then that in turn leads to a financial consideration. All paths lead to money.

I know we have little choice due to our finances - but it would be so much more satisfying if we had some possibility of keeping him for say the next 3- 4 yrs and really watch his talent develop , but like Walcott , Bale and Kenwyne b4 him, as soon as they show potential they are off.

A quick google search suggets is might be Spanish.

Yeh you are spot on m8.His dad is half spanish! Adz was in the same year as me at St.Peters Bournemouth...Good m8 too. Knew he was gona be a talent, u shuda seen him in the school football team.... was unreal..single-handily won us games haha

Wish him luck 4 Wales games...hope he plays a part...deserves the call up in my opinion!

Agreed. Five million would be a nice bit of business by Lowe.

Yeah - perish the thought that any footballing reasons would come into it. Don't these people know the chairman is trying to run a business? Jeez.

I don't know about you Scooby but I'm not that interested in all this soccerball stuff anyway. You got your Redskins season ticket yet?

No way we could turn down 5m for him, nor should we. Similar price to Ramsey seems fair, although with KJ being 6m you have to wonder what silly money we could hold out for.

Anyway it's all theory as yet.

When our chairman starts saying "Adam is not for sale at any price" that means "let's be hearing your sensible offers then gentlemen".

By 'eck that's a strong looking U.21 squad. Doubt he will get a game unless there are injuries or call ups to the full England squad, but I've no doubt this will do his confidence wonders and will improve him as a player.

I just hope he is not tapped up the same way I reckon Surman was tapped up or at least had his head turned when he made his U.21 debut. After all, it must be a lot of pressure on them turning up in a clapped out old banger and the rest of the squad from prem teams arrive in their sooped up pimp-mobiles.

I did think that when i posted it. I have another real humdinger, who thinks if we get 10 or more poiints of the relegation places that the club may go for administration?

Possible, however:

1). You have to go into administration before the end of March (I believe) to take the points deduction that season. Thus, we have to be sure that we will be 10 points ahead at the end of the season, with 5 or 6 games to go. If we are in that position, we'd probably still be within a shout of the play-offs, so going into administration would be seen as a stupid move.

2). All the clubs who have gone into administration in the last few years have had a further points deduction coming out of it, as the Football League rules on Company Voluntary Agreements are essentially impossible to comply with. Leeds lost 15 points, Rotherham and Bournemouth lost 17 each, Luton lost 30. How could we reasonably expect to stay in the Championship the next year with our best players sold by the administrators, and a points deduction? If it all goes wrong, we could well find ourselves in League Two, two seasons from now.

Administration for football clubs is really a last resort, so we ought not to do it unless it is absolutely forced upon us.

2). All the clubs who have gone into administration in the last few years have had a further points deduction coming out of it, as the Football League rules on Company Voluntary Agreements are essentially impossible to comply with.

They are only impossible to comply with if HMRC (and other creditors who reject the CVA proposal) makes up more than 25% of the creditors. Given that Norwich Union and Barclays account for £20-25m between them, I can't imagine that applies in this case.

Leeds lost 15 points, Rotherham and Bournemouth lost 17 each, Luton lost 30.

Luton only lost 20 points because of the failure to agree a CVA. 10 of the 30 points were a punishment for various dodgy agent-related payment misdemeanours.

Administration for football clubs is really a last resort, so we ought not to do it unless it is absolutely forced upon us.

Totally agree.