Oxlade-Chamberlain - injured but on the bench?

Born In The 80s

Did i just hear that correctly in the Adkins interview (if you can call it that)? They were advised last night after a scan on the lad's hamstring that he should not be playing any part, but they stuck him on the bench anyway?! And then they ****ing bring him on risking the guys season on a ****ty pitch at Walsall?! I utterly dispair when i hear things like this and it absolutely smacks of desperation from the manager.

He said that if Guly and Forte had been available he wouldn't have been on the bench, but they weren't and they were also injured.

Our squad is looking very stretched at the moment, who else could we have stuck on the bench instead of Oxo?

At the end of the day he'd have been criticised for not selecting him as we lost, but then he's criticised for playing him because he's injured. One of those situations where the manager doesn't' win either way.

Did i just hear that correctly in the Adkins interview (if you can call it that)? They were advised last night after a scan on the lad's hamstring that he should not be playing any part, but they stuck him on the bench anyway?! And then they ****ing bring him on risking the guys season on a ****ty pitch at Walsall?! I utterly dispair when i hear things like this and it absolutely smacks of desperation from the manager.

What do you expect we have no reserves to speak of.We have the first team group and the kids plus a few players hanging about in limbo who will never make the first team. In fact the whole "development" set-up might be described as an utter shambles.

I think Garrod,Tazafoli,Doble and Dean are out on loan, that leaves Argent,Reeves and McNish from that group I think.

Looks like we SHOULD have signed 20 back-up players for each position after all.

but we have back up players. Is that not why we have a development squad? I mean they're 19/20 year olds not schoolboys.

That we have not many reserve games for them to develop in is the problem,not signing more players.

In fact I sometimes ask myself what exactly we pay Les Reed to do.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The idea of putting him on the bench even though he had a slight strain is actually quite sound. It's playing mind games with the opposition a bit. Sometimes it works. As for playing him, I am quite sure this was done with the support of the physio's or he would not have gone on the pitch. Simple as. It seems a bit pointless to criticise on the basis of one sentence in a post match interview when the full facts are not available.

if he was properly injured he wouldn't have come on.

Wasn't supposed to play at all if you believe the post match comments attributed to Adkins in the Echo. I hope we aren't going down injection road with him to keep him on the pitch at all costs. That's hardly nurturing is it.Said last week that we're burning him out

and if he's to play whilst injured then we need to rethink all that.

I think people forget Adkins was originally a physio himself before becoming a manager. If anyone is going to be informed about whether to have him in the side, he will.

Depends Adkins can't watch the games very closely now can he, he said Morgan collided with the goalkeeper on Tuesday but in reality he collided with a defender who tackled him.

I think he was there as " window dressing" to encourage the Saints fans and frighten the opposition. As it was we didn't expect

(or did we deserve to be) .. 0-1 down with fifteen minutes to go, and it was a desperate measure.

I think he was there as " window dressing" to encourage the Saints fans and frighten the opposition. As it was we didn't expect

(or did we deserve to be) .. 0-1 down with fifteen minutes to go, and it was a desperate measure.

In fact Adkins contradicts himself somewhat, says they thought they could get a good 20 minutes out of him and then goes on to say that if Guly was fit Ox wouldn't even have been on the bench.Adkins should just stop talking about every match and let Crosby have a stab at it from time to time, just like AP did.