match fixing - not us

DT

according to a poster on a gossip site, (Pop*****) it was Norwich v dirty Derby. Hope they get docked points...

MP Norman Lamb has tabled a question, which directly refers to Norwich City's home league match against Derby County on October 4th, which Derby won 2-1.

It reads: �To ask the secretary of state for culture, media and sport what discussions he has had with the Football Association on allegations of match-fixing and unusual betting activity involving the Norwich City vs Derby County Football League Championship match on Saturday, 4 October.�

This was the match that was 1-1 until Marshall the Norwich goalie ran into his own defender, with 6 minutes to go, leaving an open goal for the Derby striker to score in.

I had a couple of friends from Norwich at that game so I'll have to ask them if they noticed anything at the time. Trouble is, betting companies offer all manner of things that you can bet on now - first booking, first throw-in - that are easily controllable by players that spectators would just put down to carelessness, it would be easy to claim that a 40-yard ball to a wide player from kick-off had been misplaced. The fact it was also a CCC game probably tells you that the people alleged to be involved thought it would go under the radar so many PL and CL games are televised live.

I had a couple of friends from Norwich at that game so I'll have to ask them if they noticed anything at the time. Trouble is, betting companies offer all manner of things that you can bet on now - first booking, first throw-in - that are easily controllable by players that spectators would just put down to carelessness, it would be easy to claim that a 40-yard ball to a wide player from kick-off had been misplaced. The fact it was also a CCC game probably tells you that the people alleged to be involved thought it would go under the radar so many PL and CL games are televised live.

Been Done. By Neil Ruddock when he was at West Ham.

Been Done. By Neil Ruddock when he was at West Ham.

I vaguely remember something about that. Vinny Jones would have been a good candidate for betting on for first booking when he was playing - I think he still holds the record at 2 seconds or something daft.

according to a poster on a gossip site, (Pop*****) it was Norwich v dirty Derby. Hope they get docked points...

MP Norman Lamb has tabled a question, which directly refers to Norwich City's home league match against Derby County on October 4th, which Derby won 2-1.

It reads: �To ask the secretary of state for culture, media and sport what discussions he has had with the Football Association on allegations of match-fixing and unusual betting activity involving the Norwich City vs Derby County Football League Championship match on Saturday, 4 October.�

This was the match that was 1-1 until Marshall the Norwich goalie ran into his own defender, with 6 minutes to go, leaving an open goal for the Derby striker to score in.

We've beaten BOTH Norwich AND Derby this season. I knew it was too good to be true....they must have thrown the matches away on purpose. :(

• 5 weeks later...