Lowe must be pulled back

Long Shot

Originally Posted by stevegrant viewpost.gif

SCW was appointed after we were relegated...

Factually correct Steve, but you and I both know he was unofficially involved behind the scenes long before relegation and I hear (not from the source you might think) his training methods are now being invoked by Lowe and it is causing unrest in the camp.

Believe me, you know the square root of fook all. SCW had absolutely no influence over what happened to us in our relegation season, you are just making things up to suit your agenda. Even when he did come later, he went and spoke privately to Redknapp to get his acceptance before coming in. Both Lowe and Wilde are hardly at the club, even rarer at the training ground.

so they do we need rupert ' date=' if barclays are controlling day to day finances[/quote']

because the banks feel more confident in lowes abilities than they did with crouch....he talks their language,they tell him what they want to see happen (financially) and he translates that to the manager in the form of who we can and cannot afford to play,who stays and who goes etc.

something that happens at nearly every club in the country,something that would happen to whoever was in lowes shoes.

banks operate on confidence,something which they havnt got a lot of at the moment hence the turmoil at the moment around the world,so they will go with whoever they think is the less risky person to deal with and that happens to be lowe.

because the banks feel more confident in lowes abilities than they did with crouch....he talks their language,they tell him what they want to see happen (financially) and he translates that to the manager in the form of who we can and cannot afford to play,who stays and who goes etc.

something that happens at nearly every club in the country,something that would happen to whoever was in lowes shoes.

banks operate on confidence,something which they havnt got a lot of at the moment hence the turmoil at the moment around the world,so they will go with whoever they think is the less risky person to deal with and that happens to be lowe.

Absolute horsesh*t. As I said before, Crouch had already agreed a deal with Barclays for budgets this season. Why they would feel more at ease with Rupert, just because of how he talks, rather than Crouch, a businessman who has made a lot more money than Lowe, I just don't know.

Crouch didn't step down because Barclays went cap in hand to Lowe. He went because he was ousted by Lowe and Wilde.

Believe me, you know the square root of fook all. SCW had absolutely no influence over what happened to us in our relegation season, you are just making things up to suit your agenda. Even when he did come later, he went and spoke privately to Redknapp to get his acceptance before coming in. Both Lowe and Wilde are hardly at the club, even rarer at the training ground.

Does Lowe still have his training kit with 'RL' on it?

I'm sorry to **** on your Lowe burning bonfire but I have it on excellent authority that Lowe has very little involvement with the footballing side of the business and SCW (and his methods) have no influence over the way we are training.

Source... let's just say I don't visit Amsterdam just for the prostitutes.

does any of this really matter?

if we were fighting for promotion and playing some good football would this type of post even deserve some airtime?

imo this is total rubbish,lowe is involved in some way with team affairs,he has to be,but to say that he is dictating how the players train and who plays is nonsense.

there is only one person pulling the strings,somebody who we should be more worried about than lowe.................................the manager of barclays.

Like I said the sources (note sources) for this are impeccable. Trust me Lowe is heavily involved in the football side of things and try telling the 17,000 who were at SMS yesterday it is not relevant. I would not post idle gossip. We have a serious problem because we have the same man running the club both on and off the pitch.

I'm sorry to **** on your Lowe burning bonfire but I have it on excellent authority that Lowe has very little involvement with the footballing side of the business and SCW (and his methods) have no influence over the way we are training.

Have you heard the taped interview with Mark Wotte in which he admits the footballing decisions are made by Lowe. I believe Mark Dennis could help you out and would save you a trip to the Netherlands.

Have you heard the taped interview with Mark Wotte in which he admits the footballing decisions are made by Lowe.

So it would have been him that allowed the alleged holiday the players had, don't sound like a Lowe decision to me ? but suppose where some consider it to be the wrong decision it can only be Lowes, right

Have you heard the taped interview with Mark Wotte in which he admits the footballing decisions are made by Lowe. I believe Mark Dennis could help you out and would save you a trip to the Netherlands.

where is it then? have you heard it? or have you heard someone say his brother's best mate heard it?

People on here keep harking on about 'without Lowe, what's the alternative?' Well, first, I think you have to define the problem. Let's assume two Lowe roles;

1. Director of the PLC

2. Director of Football

1. Director of the PLC - Company directors' responsibilities are wide and diverse. Their duties arise primarily from two sources: statute (i.e. Acts of the Oireachtas and other legislation e.g. EU Regulations) and common law.

A company director stands in a special relationship to the company of which they are an officer. This special position is known as a 'fiduciary position' and the director is known as a 'fiduciary'. A fiduciary is required to act in a manner which is legally becoming of their office and which places the interests of the company ahead of their own.

Perhaps somewhat surprisingly to many, a director's duties are usually owed in the first instance to the company and not to the members, creditors or employees of the company. Where, however, a director expressly undertakes certain obligations to shareholders, he or she may stand in a fiduciary relationship to them and owe them fiduciary duties. This may particularly be the case in a small private company where shareholders often look to the directors for advice.

When a company is insolvent (i.e. is unable to pay its debts as they fall due), a director will owe a duty to the company's creditors (i.e. people to whom the company owes money).

A director is also obliged to have regard to the interests of the company's employees. However, this duty may not be enforced by the employees themselves and is instead owed to the company.

2. Director of Football - "Director of Football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and causes much debate in the sports media. Dave Bassett described the role as (even though it was Dave Bassett, I thought it was still a worthwhile description)

" ..... a buffer. The director of football is answerable to the board but there to assist the manager. He's experienced in football and there to help the board members who don't have that experience."

In theory it means that the manager is left to concern himself with the day to day running of the club, the picking of the team, and the decisions about tactics and training. The director meanwhile looks after the budget, and allocates money for transfers and the youth academy.

The director is often involved in the selection of the manager, so that the manager knows he has full support from his subordinates. The plus side is that there is an experienced football head watching the scouts, the budget and the academy, allowing the manager to get on with the team. The down side is that the experienced football head often cannot help giving their opinion of the manager's actions. Most directors of football are ex-managers, given a more "senior" role at the club because the board do not want to lose his experience, despite the fact he has not been getting the results.

The director of football's job is sometimes compared to that of a general manager in a North American professional sports organization.

I began this thread with defining the problems, now that we can clearly see, that, unless stated otherwise in the articles of SLH, THERE IS NO REASON that ANYBODY can be the Director of this PLC. The fact that Lowe and his buddies have created a closed shop is a different matter. The idea that we are further from administration now than when Lowe took over is ridiculous, Lowe has failed AGAIN! We are no better off than if Crouch had carried on, remember, Crouch advocated the closing of the corners, the cutting of the free bus service, loaned out some of our better players to get them off the wage bill and would've sold many of the 'stars' that Rupert did.

Am I advocating the return of Crouch? NO. I am stating that Crouch was going to make the same cost cutting decisions as Lowe actually did. The sale and purchase of playing staff is largely dictated by the banks, so, no room for flexibility there.

So, ANYBODY with Director or Chairman duties of a CCC team experience could do an equal job to Lowe. That is unless the person we need to replace Lowe, needs to be DOF as well. Because the more I read the role of the DoF, the more like Lowe it sounds.

Therefore, Lowe should step down as Director and or Chairman, let's EMPLOY an experienced Director and if need be, a proper DoF. Where's the money coming from I hear you cry. Funnily enough, the bank will sanction the employment of a professional and experienced DIrector if they believe them to be well qualified. I think Lowe has shown the banks that he is all bluff and bravado and it is time for him to go. Can he keep his shares? Of course he can, but he should vote to have somebody more qualified than him to do the job. He has shown his incompetence and his meddling will be the downfall of this club.

I vote for someone who can do the one job, pick Director of PLC OR Director of Football and DO IT. Don't just turn up 2 days a week, get a sackfull of money, c*ck things up and p*ss off again!

lowe is a JOKE! He couldn't Direct traffic, let alone a PLC, and as for DoF!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

where is it then? have you heard it? or have you heard someone say his brother's best mate heard it?

Believe what you like. It is happening. SCW quoted in self justification regarding training. Skacel has said unless he went to Ipswich, RL told him he would never play for us again.

Hertha wanted him, I have a source in Berlin who told me the club's demands scuppered the move.

McGoldrick hasn't been substituted and is picked every game no matter how he plays.

Like I said the sources (note sources) for this are impeccable. Trust me Lowe is heavily involved in the football side of things and try telling the 17,000 who were at SMS yesterday it is not relevant. I would not post idle gossip. We have a serious problem because we have the same man running the club both on and off the pitch.

This just gets better and better. "I would not post idle gossip", then wtf was that meeting with Fulthorpe that you spread all over the site then?

As someone else has alluded to "I gather the players are increasingly unhappy at some recent training mandates (originating from Lowe) which they feel are over the top." Exactly how does this tie in with the players being given 3 days off to rest and recover last week? So what's next, Lowe has banned training?

This just gets better and better. "I would not post idle gossip", then wtf was that meeting with Fulthorpe that you spread all over the site then?

As someone else has alluded to "I gather the players are increasingly unhappy at some recent training mandates (originating from Lowe) which they feel are over the top." Exactly how does this tie in with the players being given 3 days off to rest and recover last week? So what's next, Lowe has banned training?

I reported first hand a conversation I had with Fulthorpe - none of it was gossip and I would reckon that most on this forum were interested in what I reported. That is the whole point of a forum. Now because what Fulthorpe told me hasn't come to fruition it is not my fault. I remember at the time I added a health warning, but what I reported was 100% kosher.

You might not like my posts but if you posted something as tenth as interesting it might give you more right to throw your toys out of the pram.

Originally Posted by up and away viewpost.gif

I reported first hand a conversation I had with Fulthorpe - none of it was gossip and I would reckon that most on this forum were interested in what I reported. That is the whole point of a forum. Now because what Fulthorpe told me hasn't come to fruition it is not my fault. I remember at the time I added a health warning, but what I reported was 100% kosher.

You might not like my posts but if you posted something as tenth as interesting it might give you more right to throw your toys out of the pram.

So you reported a first hand conversation? The fact is has been dragging on for so long without any sign of fruition makes you believe there is any substance behind what he says, just your opinion? You seem perfectly happy to accept his word after god knows how many false dawns and you do not accept the possibility that all you are doing is moving on gossip?

So going back to your original stance that you do not pass on gossip, it is just your opinion, you have no proof and facts actually point in the opposite direction?

Absolute horsesh*t. As I said before, Crouch had already agreed a deal with Barclays for budgets this season. Why they would feel more at ease with Rupert, just because of how he talks, rather than Crouch, a businessman who has made a lot more money than Lowe, I just don't know.

Crouch didn't step down because Barclays went cap in hand to Lowe. He went because he was ousted by Lowe and Wilde.

100% fact spot on !!!

So still no evidence of this then.

Does it exist or is it 'idle gossip'?

It exists alright and I will endeavour to get a copy.

Like I say I only say on here what I believe to be true - idle gossip I keep to myself. For example I recently heard some very damning things about the Dutch duo which is very "heavy" and comes from a very good source but it is very harmful and I am unsure of its truth and therefore it stays with me for the present.

Edited by Long Shot

Lowe has of course - as was inevitable - repeated the same crass mistakes that saw us relegated from the premiership. In the name of cost saving he has lumbered us with yet another low rent, inexperienced and ineffective manager who blames players for his own failures of leadership, knowledge and skills.

I do not know the solution and my anti-Lowe boycott of SMS is probably only adding to the Club's plight. I would return if Lowe left the Club but that is about as likely as Saints being able to defend a corner.

By mrJolly:

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.forum.topic.bythread.php?id_t=75672&piece=re602859&id_categ=37

I agree Nick. We as fans have a responsibility to both support the youngsters and get rid of the cancer that is Lowe.

Turktown is right. You can't blame the youngsters. Apart from yesterday which was an utter joke they have given it their all. But everyone apart from Lowe knew that the policy of youth simply won't work in this division. Although i feel for JP and admire his balls for taking on such an impossible task the sacking of Pearson was such a detestable example of arrogance and disregard for the club. The Pearson wages saga is absolutely b*ll*cks. A total untruth peddled as an excuse for Lowe to get rid of someone who had the nerve to stand up to him. In reality NP broke the news that in order to build we couldn't get rid of some of the overpaid journeymen that had to be retained as a framework around which the youngsters could be bedded in. Everyone goes on about how we had to get rid of certain personnel because of our financial situation. So why have Lowe and Wilde come in on £250k salaries? Why is Woodward back on the scene? I am so tempted to blow the lid on the takeover saga but holding back out of respect for my mate that is a friend of John Cousins. But if those f*ckers don't do something soon i'm going to spill the beans. So what you might say, but making things public could seriously jeopardize other plans that need to come of in order to facilitate the deal. (which is why there have been so many delays). JC if you are reading this f*cking do something because Lowes cancer is terminal.

Pat i can tell you the people involved, how much money is involved, where it's coming from, new appointments, reasons for hold ups etc but ive been gagged. Unless something happens this week though f*ck it, i'm gonna spill the beans. And i can post proof. Regardless though i think we've got to be pro-active on behalf of the trust and get fans to put their money where their mouth is in order to save this club.

??????

It exists alright and I will endeavour to get a copy.

Like I say I only say on here what I believe to be true - idle gossip I keep to myself. For example I recently heard some very damning things about the Dutch duo which is very "heavy" and comes from a very good source but it is very harmful and I am unsure of its truth and therefore it stays with me for the present.

So have you actually heard it, or have you heard about it.

TBH, if you have only heard about it, then it really is no better than many of the takeover rumours to which we have been treated on this site.

well if lowe is in charge of team affairs,he's certainly got us playing some decent football,all he has to do is start winning a few games and he will be hailed as a success.

Seen a few pretty triangles in midfield this season, where have you seen this 'decent football'

you talk of?

Seen a few pretty triangles in midfield this season, where have you seen this 'decent football'

you talk of?

I say lets make Lowe the 'OFFICIAL TEAM MANAGER COACH DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL GOT THE POP FACTOR SOAPSTAR SUPERSTAR CELEBRITY STRICTLY ON ICE'.

Would love to see the idiot justify why he doesn't sack himself as Team Coach after the horse£h&t that's being served up at the moment.

ooops...THAT'S why we have Jan!!!! (Poor Sod)

We are where we were before - when he was both PLC and Football Board Chairman - untouchable.

Come on Leon - sort them out.

You are well into the skunk as well.