" Another Day In Paradise "

SaintRichmond

The Story So Far

Blackpool (H) Lost 0-1

Excuses :-

"I am very disappointed, We lacked concentration and professionalism. We have to pick ourselves up , learn from this, and go on to the next game "

QPR (A) Lost 4-1

"I am very disappointed, We lacked concentration and professionalism. We have to pick ourselves up , learn from this, and go on to the next game "

Rotherham (A) Lost 3-1

Coventry (A) Lost 4-1

Watford (H) Lost 0-3

Excuses:-

.... Is it just me, or can I spot a trend of the same old excuse here ???

Sadly I think it's worse than that, with a manager who can't even be bothered to say what was wrong.....

An angry Jan Poortvliet refused to look for excuses following Saturday's defeat and vowed that his side will bounce back quickly against Sheffield United on Tuesday night.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10762

WGS tried IMO to tell it how it was.I do get fed up with all these managers saying the same, however they are normally asked the same stupid questions. JP is starting to annoy me with his comments, a nice man I feel who is in the wrong job at the wrong time. I feel Pearson's attitude and style might have been a better option for the next couple of years. I look at both Managers as school teachers, if you were a kid I fancy taking the **** out of JP would be easier than NP.

Saint Richmond

You obviously read what you wanted to read - I've just read Jans verdict from the Coventry and QPR games - he says nothing of the sort.

Go and play with your dots............

Tut Tut ...................

"Poetic License" my friend

Don't you think that JP's "excuses" are beginning to sound the same after every defeat ??????????

Or are you stuck up Lowe's 'Rse so far, that you cannot see that the Edam & Gouder Experiment is falling apart at the seams ???

Before you respond, I'd wait until the Sheffield result filters through ......

Don't you think that JP's "excuses" are beginning to sound the same after every defeat ??????????

Or are you stuck up Lowe's 'Rse so far, that you cannot see that the Edam & Gouder Experiment is falling apart at the seams ???

why are you so obsessed with another man's arse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetic_license

"Artistic license (also known as dramatic license, poetic license, narrative license, licentia poetica, or simply license) is a colloquial term used to denote the distortion or complete ignorance of fact"

OK, Fair play, I apologise ... I've got it all wrong .... It's a bad dream ...

Saints are NOT just above the Relegation places, they are pushing for promotion

Saints new Dynamic Dutch Masters have turned things around, and we are playing truly great "total football"

After every defeat, they do not in any way say the same sort of things as for the previous defeat

You, like I, are confident that we will slaughter Sheffield Utd tonight

"Complete ignorance of fact " ..... Really ??? ....

Sounds like you won't think (another) Relegation is a real possibility until it is a mathematical Fact ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetic_license

"Artistic license (also known as dramatic license, poetic license, narrative license, licentia poetica, or simply license) is a colloquial term used to denote the distortion or complete ignorance of fact"

We don't let facts get in the way of a giving someone a going over on here...

I suggest that one or two of you get used to hearing excuses however...because as we all knew at the start of the season we are going to lose more than a few games this season...and if he just came out and said "meh...i get paid anyway" then that would be a little less satisfactory than an excuse, or a summary of where he thinks the game has gone wrong and a promise to try and put things right...

Saints new Dynamic Dutch Masters have turned things around, and we are playing truly great "total football"

After every defeat, they do not in any way say the same sort of things as for the previous defeat

Sounds like you won't think (another) Relegation is a real possibility until it is a mathematical Fact ??

Feel free to distill Jan's actual comments from after these games...

Then people may be inclined to take you seriously...in the meanwhile you look a little silly...

I remember the morale destroying stuff Redknapp used to come out with, and completely slate the players every time and push all the blame onto them. I'd much prefer to hear what JP has to say now instead of that kind of nonsense, and whilst he has held some players accountable, at least he is protecting them to a degree.

Not sure where people thought we would finish this season - pushing for promotion? Maybe if we were lucky, but more likely just avoiding relegation, which is where we are now. Which means we will lose games, and there will be reasons/excuses why. Get used to it.

why are you so obsessed with another man's arse?

Ha Ha

Well seeing we are both stuck up here - I hope the catering is as good as it is as the ground :smt042

Hmm - Isn't Wilde supposed to be up here too

Still Unsure how disagreeing with what SR(................:D) thought Jan said relates to being up Lowes arse.

Feel free to distill Jan's actual comments from after these games...

Then people may be inclined to take you seriously...in the meanwhile you look a little silly...

I don't think so ...

I'm sure that more than a few got the real gist of what I was getting at ..... Already, the excuses for defeat are getting both repetitive and boring, irespective of whether they were Jans comments "word for word"

A poor Team and a bad defeat ....... I do not need "Jan" to come out with pitiful after the match comments to tell me we must learn and do better. ( It is painfully obvious that no one at St Mary's is taking HIM seriously )

I was there, I saw it ............ at the moment, the only thing I look silly about, is the fact that I have a Season Ticket ...............

Be patient Saint Richmond After tonights results are in All the (lets play nicely in the garden children) posters on hear giving you hard times, Will be slagging the team the dutch duo, the Red Barron,,,,,and good old scooby:D Something rotten on the Post Match Thread;)

I don't think so ...

I'm sure that more than a few got the real gist of what I was getting at ..... Already, the excuses for defeat are getting both repetitive and boring, irespective of whether they were Jans comments "word for word"

A poor Team and a bad defeat ....... I do not need "Jan" to come out with pitiful after the match comments to tell me we must learn and do better. ( It is painfully obvious that no one at St Mary's is taking HIM seriously )

I was there, I saw it ............ at the moment, the only thing I look silly about, is the fact that I have a Season Ticket ...............

What are you actually getting at? Manager makes excuses after loss? Hardly headline grabbing stuff now is it?

Furthermore did you think the performance was dreadful on Saturday?

On the whole i didn't...i though it was alright with three pitifully lame pieces of defending and two horsesh:t penalties...but that's my opinion...

Be patient Saint Richmond After tonights results are in All the (lets play nicely in the garden children) posters on hear giving you hard times, Will be slagging the team the dutch duo, the Red Barron,,,,,and good old scooby:D Something rotten on the Post Match Thread;)

You're not entitled to post on the main board you illiterate skate c::nt...

I am waiting......

I don't think so ...

So why is your right to comment valid, where Jan's are not?

And I'd also point out that all the "...." also make you look.....silly

And I'd also point out that all the "...." also make you look.....silly

Y'know i didn't even spot that that was supposed to be a pop at me.

How lame an attempt is that at putting someone down? As lame as the first post on the thread i guess.

I like my...and i'll plough on with them...

You've not come out of this thread too well in my eyes Saint Richmond. Unfortunate.

Why would you be confident of slaughtering Sheff U tonight? I wouldn't have been confident of beating them at Bramail Lane when we were in the prem.

Do you think Jan is working with a great squad of players?

F'n hell, some of the people on here need to wake up to the fact that Jan has a very inexperienced squad - who haven't played together for six months yet.

Try being less hysterical...

Why would you be confident of slaughtering Sheff U tonight? I wouldn't have been confident of beating them at Bramail Lane when we were in the prem.

Do you think Jan is working with a great squad of players?

F'n hell, some of the people on here need to wake up to the fact that Jan has a very inexperienced squad - who haven't played together for six months yet.

Try being less hysterical...

you got to remember some of the posters on this site ,are the most negative people and see doom and gloom everywhere. i think they are related to victor meldrew;) Edited by solentstars

This is just the usual trolling drivel from SaintRichmond.

Completely making stuff up, passing it off as true and then getting all annoyed about it as he did with the first post on this laughably pathetic thread is pretty much his stock-in-trade and comes through on everything he's ever posted.

One can criticise Poortvilet for lots of things, and also sympathise for him being over- promoted into a role beyond him, but to slate him for the crime of repetitious excuse making is childish and not even accurate.

The one thing I have been impressed with is Jan's post match comments and he has demonstrated something of a gift for the genre having been in equal parts honest, even handed, furious, delighted and frustrated as the games have played out.

The lame-ass accusation that "duh he says the same fing everytime" that SR is peddling here is barely accurate and of all the things to have a go at him for is way, way, way down the list.

There are plenty of managers that do peddle the same old lines the same old times, but of course they are the managers that SaintRichmond would really want us to have.

All in all, just goes to show SaintRichmond really hasn't got a fuc king clue about anything.