others think we will go down, it seems

Mr X

There's always one 'giant' heading for the dreaded drop to the third level, and this season it could be Southampton - deep in debt and no longer getting parachute payments: though new boss Jan Poortvliet knows all about Total Football.

think they were taking the **** with this bit

There's always one 'giant' heading for the dreaded drop to the third level, and this season it could be Southampton - deep in debt and no longer getting parachute payments: though new boss Jan Poortvliet knows all about Total Football.

think they were taking the **** with this bit

On my way home down The Avenue the other evening there was a green Metro in front of me in the back window it said.

Total Football Total Crap.

most people tipped Plymouth, Saints and the three that came up to be the favourites for relegation this season

I'm not so sure its that simple - look at Plymouth now!

Also we keep talking about our debt - its big but there are a lot of clubs in a worse position than us.

We have somewhere between £5 and £7 million of unsecured debt if the worst is to be believed and a £22 million pound mortgage on the stadium

Charlton are £20 million in debt, Cardiff are supposedly in debt a lot more than than that!

most people tipped Plymouth, Saints and the three that came up to be the favourites for relegation this season

I'm not so sure its that simple - look at Plymouth now!

Also we keep talking about our debt - its big but there are a lot of clubs in a worse position than us.

We have somewhere between £5 and £7 million of unsecured debt if the worst is to be believed and a £22 million pound mortgage on the stadium

Charlton are £20 million in debt, Cardiff are supposedly in debt a lot more than than that!

And, we actually have SOME equity in our stadium, partly through what we have paid to date and partly because of the jump in property values in the period since we actually obtained the land (although it is going down faster than MB on Lucy)

So although we have the bank overdraft problem that HAS to be addressed we aren't quite dead yet

On my way home down The Avenue the other evening there was a green Metro in front of me in the back window it said.

Total Football Total Crap.

I thought they'd all rusted and gone to scrap. Having said that, last night I saw an even older and rarer member of BL's range - a Morris Marina!