Are there any deals for Tuesday?

ooohTerryHurlock

Not heard of anything but someone did mention they were going to do kids for a quid on another thread. Anyway can you bring your boots we need someone in your mould on the pitch.

.... I have actually thought that - the whole crowd registers as players and we pick a side from everyone that turns up - I reckon we could do as well as we are doing at the moment!!! .... I guess my point is that there is no one at the club or in the ticket office doing anthing to boost the gate! Its half term - they could be able to get a big crowd for the game with the kids being off school - I remember when I was little it was the biggest buzz going to watch a night game - everything was so much closer more sensual. But yet again Luker - and the ugly sisters (LOWE and WILDE) have come up with nothing!! And they say we are apathetic! - Instead of going for a bumper crowd we will probably post a new attendance Low(e) record. .... Shocking - and the chance that the can lead us out of this crisis?

I think they should offer free beer at SMS.

Ive often tried watching Saints while being worse for wear and believe me,it makes the whole experience so much better.

From previous threads perhaps they should serve something that TASTES like beer at SMS....

Yeah we know. Pouring rights of course

I can't read anything about special offers on the OS. Half term and no deals for kids:rolleyes:. Oh well, young H and I will have to listen to the radio.

It beggars belief that they haven't come up with anything innovative to get more families along to this game given it's half term.

Perhaps they don't realise that 'customers' have become as apathetic as their marketting department?

It beggars belief that they haven't come up with anything innovative to get more families along to this game given it's half term.

Perhaps they don't realise that 'customers' have become as apathetic as their marketting department?

This is exactly the point of my post - how can they not come up with anything for a game like this? take the other guy - he would go with his nipper if there was some kind of deal - he pays full price and the kid goes for a quid. How easy is that - you have a better atmosphere - you sell more burgers and hotdogs, programmes and ****e from the shop. Am I right to hold up Luker as someone who needs the chop?

From what I've read on here over the years, I've always seen him as one of the good guys....I doubt he would be the decision maker for match day pricing policy?

I agree, I think Mr Lowe has a big say on almost everything that goes on down at SMS these days.

With all due respect to David (who I have always found to be a really nice guy), methinks he is more of the monkey on this one.

Maybe a PM to him (is it Ticket Office or David Luker on here???), or a question as a seperate thread might get a response from him on here as to why we missed an opportunity here.

I agree, I think Mr Lowe has a big say on almost everything that goes on down at SMS these days.

With all due respect to David (who I have always found to be a really nice guy), methinks he is more of the monkey on this one.

Maybe a PM to him (is it Ticket Office or David Luker on here???), or a question as a seperate thread might get a response from him on here as to why we missed an opportunity here.

Um fully agree with about David, but not sure how he will be feeling right now,

as Sarah his wife is leaving southampton fc after many many years of service,

she handed her notice in and was then talked out of leaving by her boss who was desperate not to to loose a very loyal and hard working employee, so she was going to stay, until guess what someone from upstairs stepped in and said no she can go !! how not to run a happy ship it is not just the fans that are very unhappy at the moment !!

I've never had the pleasure of meeting the guy - but nice guy or not he needs to be letting us know why we are n't doing promotions and what the hell we are going to do to shift the tickets and get the ground and attendance back up. We need to get the stayaways back in - If his hands are being tied and he cares about the club then let him speak out and clear his name - if the direction for this is coming from laurel and hardy - (lets close the corners!) let him say so - It will be remembered come the revolution! For f u c k s ak e lets get some one in who knows about marketing - as it is quite obvious no one at the club could even sell cheese at a farmers market let alone anything on this scale!

Two comments

Luker did give an interview and explain why we weren't doing promotions so he is due a little slack, even if we all think it is obvious.

Plenty have said that Lowe makes very few decisions on money at the moment (except how to save spending it), the Bank does and we've mentioned that one before as being called "virtual bank administration"

Banks & business sense - hahahahahahaha

What we SHOULD have done is come up with some sort of buy one junk bond get a free ticket, then the bank would have loved it.....

I have emailed David Luker at SFC and enquired if the club are doing any promotions.

PS: I have had a very detailed reply from David, pointing out the club's reasons why there are no promotions for this evenings game.

Thanks David.

Did it say why they couldn't do kids for a quid?

I'm guessing they thought they could squeeze a few bob out of people by retaining the £6 junior price. Theory being that families are more likely to come along anyway due to it being half term and wouldn't need any other enticement.....interesting 'gamble'....

What I can't understand them continuing to do (for all games) is not having a junior price (£6) for the whole stadium. I went to book tickets for me and the boy yesterday and thought..."hmmm, would be nice to sit near the half way line for once"....only to be put off by the lack of junior priced tickets for the main stands.

Once can understand having such a policy when the ground is full but these days?

It only takes a little imagination and flexibility to make your customers feel wanted. As it is, I'm now having second thoughts on going. Petty reason I know in the general scheme of things but it's little things like this that hack people off one-by-one at the end of the day....

Sod it....we're coming to the game...just about to book tickets.....Trousers you mad fool....

You know you're gonna wish you'd left the kid behind and come to Rock Bottom......

But meanwhile I'll be at Rock Bottom surrounded by overweight p*ssed minging Brit Chicks and wishing I was at the game.

Grass Side Other Always Greener....