Mike Wildes biggest achievements

Mole

Hi Mike :D

Mike wishes he were me...

I wish i had his money...

If i were him i would probably have kept my hand in my pocket a few years ago though...

Because despite his best intentions (and perhaps visions of riding in and being the hero) this has all gone a little t:ts up now hasn't it?

I hear people saying he's not a really a fan...that i think is a little harsh...why the hell else spend his own money on shares in a failing business if not a fan? Cue conspiracy theories from the freaks ...

If i were him i would probably have kept my hand in my pocket a few years ago though...

Because despite his best intentions (and perhaps visions of riding in and being the hero) this has all gone a little t:ts up now hasn't it?

I hear people saying he's not a really a fan...that i think is a little harsh...why the hell else spend his own money on shares in a failing business if not a fan? Cue conspiracy theories from the freaks ...

To be fair it's a reasonably well known fact he's a Liverpool fan.

I guess his motivation was to buy low, sell high and make a few quid in the process :smt102

I am beginning to see very little difference between Ru**rt and the Quisling;

One got us relegated with gross mismanagement, and the other, after stone faced lying to the fan base, brought that failure of a chairman back, only to effectively preside together over yet another relegation, and eventually the death of our club.

Shame on them both.

How about the 2 million he promised to invest, he went to the the bank to borrow the money against one of his off shore companies, the bank refused as he was up to his maximum lending ! One of many false promises that Wilde made, no wonder the excs sacked him !!!!

Well he probably borrowed the money from that well known arms dealer down the end of the M27 East

Mike has achieved so many thing during his time at Southampton but for me the inspired appointments of Jim Hone, Ken Dulieu, Andy Oldknow and Lee Hoos have to be Wildes finest hour.

I wouldn't include Hoos in that lot. I know Wilde appointed him, but I for one wish we had Lee back now. Hoos and Cowan with Crouch's backing would in my mind represent a far brighter prospect than Lowe and Lap Dog. Hoos is at least still gainfully employed as a football club director, whereas to the best of my knowledge Hone and Duieu have crawled back into the holes from whence they came.

How about the 2 million he promised to invest, he went to the the bank to borrow the money against one of his off shore companies, the bank refused as he was up to his maximum lending ! One of many false promises that Wilde made, no wonder the excs sacked him !!!!

Ha Ha, i thought Wilde resigned. Sacked by the people he employed. You couldn't make it up.

I am beginning to see very little difference between Ru**rt and the Quisling;

One got us relegated with gross mismanagement, and the other, after stone faced lying to the fan base, brought that failure of a chairman back, only to effectively preside together over yet another relegation, and eventually the death of our club.

Shame on them both.

How is the possibility of relegation the death of our club? We shall continue with other clubs in a lower league, that is not death but continuence of football in a lower league. Not ideal but we are not their yet.

How is the possibility of relegation the death of our club? We shall continue with other clubs in a lower league, that is not death but continuence of football in a lower league. Not ideal but we are not their yet.

This idea that we will be able to fulfill a single season of fixtures in Division 3 without going into administration and possible liquidation really is amongst the most hillarious deluded bollllocks that gets posted on this site.....:rolleyes:

Whatever happened to that Wilde fella? Last time i think i heard from him he was talking about how great were going to do this season and that our goal is promotion this year because that is "realistic". Think he might be on that Nasa space station!

Ha Ha, i thought Wilde resigned. Sacked by the people he employed. You couldn't make it up.

It took some finding, but this may shed some light on things.

Originally Posted by Saint Marc

FWIW I heard that Wilde resigned because there was too much media and fan pressure focusing on the investment issue and that this was putting the whole Board under pressure. He resigned to take the heat off the club and its executives and allow them to get on with the job while he carried on working on the investment issue in the background and out of the spotlight. The statement that he resigned because of a failure to raise finance was only issued to try and reduce fans unrealistic expectations. IMO, it was through Wilde's efforts, that PA was clearly aware that his approach would be welcomed rather than shunned and this is a big factor when looking at a potential acquisition. We now know that PA had contact with the club several months ago, before MW's resignation. IMO it is down to Wilde that we now have this opportunity to stabilise and secure the long term future of the club. If this takeover goes through I think we all owe him bigtime.

Mike Wildes biggest achievements

The Wisdom of DJ's

Truthful Politicians of the 20th Century

Popular Traffic Warden Monthly

10 Great Rupert's - and their impact on History

The Hitchhikers Guide to Scenic Fratton

Great British Generals of WWI

Jhon Viafara's guide to accurate passing

The Harry Redknapp Story- My word is my bond

German Comedy 1875-1939

The Offside law explained in 5 minutes

1001 Things to do with a Pot Noodle Magazine

Interesting Vauxhalls

The Gary Glitter Childcare Manual (2003 Edition)

Manage your Finances the HBOS way !

If any Saintsweb members have spare copies of these hard-to-find books I'm interested .

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

It took some finding, but this may shed some light on things.

Originally Posted by Saint Marc

FWIW I heard that Wilde resigned because there was too much media and fan pressure focusing on the investment issue and that this was putting the whole Board under pressure. He resigned to take the heat off the club and its executives and allow them to get on with the job while he carried on working on the investment issue in the background and out of the spotlight. The statement that he resigned because of a failure to raise finance was only issued to try and reduce fans unrealistic expectations. IMO, it was through Wilde's efforts, that PA was clearly aware that his approach would be welcomed rather than shunned and this is a big factor when looking at a potential acquisition. We now know that PA had contact with the club several months ago, before MW's resignation. IMO it is down to Wilde that we now have this opportunity to stabilise and secure the long term future of the club. If this takeover goes through I think we all owe him bigtime.

Was this the chairman of our football club singing his own praises and bigging himself up !!!!

How very sad he is, nothing to do with your false promises then !!! 2million !

Edited by fos1