Band of brothers v The pacific

The Majestic Channon

As has been said above both are brilliant, I did however have a bit more empathy with Band of Brothers above Pacific purely because you got the interviews with the real men after each disc and were able to relate more to them than the guys from Pacific. That said the reason was because most of the real Marines from Pacific has died prior to the films making. Both box sets are played in this house on an annual basis, brilliant film making and a great insite into the desperate hardships of war.

Agree with all said here. Band of Brothers is wonderful, clearly the better of the two. The Pacific is well made obviously but just nowhere near as good. Hardly felt any affinity with the main characters like I did in BoB.

Only just finished watching Band of Brothers for the second time recently and I had forgotten how magic of a series it is.

There's such a huge gulf in the empathy you feel for the characters in both series' - when Muck and Pinkala were killed off in BoB in Bastogne, it really tugged at your heartstrings. When John Seda's character was killed off in The Pacific, it came nowhere close, even though he was a main character and you were meant to see this all through his eyes, unlike Muck and Pinkala who were really just auxiliary characters in the series.

Agree with all said here. Band of Brothers is wonderful, clearly the better of the two. The Pacific is well made obviously but just nowhere near as good. Hardly felt any affinity with the main characters like I did in BoB.

Agree completely with this post, loved Generation Kill as well.