West Ham - Taylor red card

Wes Tender

Well, it seems that despite all Fat Sam's anger about the injustice of Matt Taylor's red card, wiser counsel has prevailed and having studied the video evidence carefully, he obviously realises that rather than have the red card rescinded, there was a real risk that the suspension could have been increased by one match.

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126028

You got your penalty for Noble's dive, Fat Sam, and yet the article still insists that Sharp went down "theatrically". Having seen the incident on the video, I don't think that he did, but even if he had, do you think that your team should have the monopoly on cheating, Sam?

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138545&sid=d9f936a009eb977e69654805787849b1

I was looking with a smile at the above thread. Reading the comments from Sam Hoofball and the ones on their forum I watched the BBC link expecting to see him making a meal of it - I can't even see him put his hand once to his face before standing up let alone rolling around holding it.

Wondered what people on there are watching???

Well, it seems that despite all Fat Sam's anger about the injustice of Matt Taylor's red card, wiser counsel has prevailed and having studied the video evidence carefully, he obviously realises that rather than have the red card rescinded, there was a real risk that the suspension could have been increased by one match.

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126028

You got your penalty for Noble's dive, Fat Sam, and yet the article still insists that Sharp went down "theatrically". Having seen the incident on the video, I don't think that he did, but even if he had, do you think that your team should have the monopoly on cheating, Sam?

There's a hilarious thread on the forum regarding the incident. Even when presented with picture evidence, video footage and the fact that West Ham aren't going to appeal some posters are still adamant that Sharp was pushed in the chest and made a meal of it. One member even posts a 'JFK' type conspiracy theory about the camera angle of the picture of Taylor's hand on Billy's throat.

There's a hilarious thread on the forum regarding the incident. Even when presented with picture evidence, video footage and the fact that West Ham aren't going to appeal some posters are still adamant that Sharp was pushed in the chest and made a meal of it. One member even posts a 'JFK' type conspiracy theory about the camera angle of the picture of Taylor's hand on Billy's throat.
That post describing the sequence of events that lead to the "illusion" of Taylor having his hand on Sharp's throat is hilarious. However, to be fair, there are quite a few Hammers fans on that thread offering a pretty pragmatic view on the subject. For example:

Oh come on!! Pushing someone in the chest (twice) is not a way to go about preventing violence. Seems we're only a few pages away from someone accusing Sharp if slamming his throat down on to Taylors hands.

Taylor was stupid to get involved.

That thread cracks me up, "Sharp was puched in the chest in that picture and he fell down so the hand went up to his throat!" :lol:

Also going on about Sharp cheating a lot but funnily enough there was no mention of the fact that Noble got a penalty from cheating as Sharp didn't touch him and Sharp was well within his right to be annoyed at the fact that the ref gave a pen.

That thread cracks me up, "Sharp was puched in the chest in that picture and he fell down so the hand went up to his throat!" :lol:

Also going on about Sharp cheating a lot but funnily enough there was no mention of the fact that Noble got a penalty from cheating as Sharp didn't touch him and Sharp was well within his right to be annoyed at the fact that the ref gave a pen.

Is there any video that shows Sharp didn't touch Noble for the pen? Couldn't tell from the video I saw as Billy was in front of Noble.

Little Matty Taylor certainly seems to have a problem with us, doesn't he..?

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138545&sid=d9f936a009eb977e69654805787849b1

I was looking with a smile at the above thread. Reading the comments from Sam Hoofball and the ones on their forum I watched the BBC link expecting to see him making a meal of it - I can't even see him put his hand once to his face before standing up let alone rolling around holding it.

Wondered what people on there are watching???

I actually have massive doubts about this photo

I genuinely can't see where it was taken from as the angle of it looks like it's been taken from the East stand, but I don't think anyone from the media sits there and I don't think they'd be able to get a clear shot of it from there.

Astonishing! Yes of course, it's a Photoshop job!

I actually have massive doubts about this photo

I genuinely can't see where it was taken from as the angle of it looks like it's been taken from the East stand, but I don't think anyone from the media sits there and I don't think they'd be able to get a clear shot of it from there.

Astonishing! Yes of course, it's a Photoshop job!

You get a lot of West Ham fans along the front of the stand with zoom lenses so they'd be used to the angle the photographer got... :rolleyes:

The best evidence I have that Noble dived is that Sharp didn't break stride whilst running behind him.