John,Rasiak,Saganowski.

bjk

Surely we can recall one of our own players at any time.

Not really, unless it's agreed as such in the loan agreement. Now Rasiak, can't possibly be like that, they paid him for 2 months whn he was injured and we recall him now-right not on;

Saga will be back in January don't doubt it and John has only just left, don't think there was a recall proviso either.He may be back in January, depends if he's valuee for money or if the can see paying him for longer and dobbing us a few quid.

going down without them.

What other club on earth would LOAN OUT there best 3 strikers???? fair enough if someone offered big money and we sold them to ease some financial pressure but LOANING OUT to other clubs in the SAME DIVISION???? it beggers belief, it really does...

They still won't get a game though under portaloo, thats why John went on loan because he wasn't given regular starts with the wage he's on. Saga & Rasiak will either sold or loaned out again to get them of the wage bill.

false economy then

we can't afford NOT to have them here playing

They still won't get a game though under portaloo, thats why John went on loan because he wasn't given regular starts with the wage he's on. Saga & Rasiak will either sold or loaned out again to get them of the wage bill.

Exactly. He was not loaned out because of his wages he was loaned out because he was not in JP's 1st team plans so made no sense to keep paying him if he wont be played. Of course that could all be one giant bull**** where Lowe said dont play him so he could offload him...

Whether we can keep one or not, it's insane to have players loaned out to rivals in this league. Bristol city and watford, IMO will end up in the bottom half, and we're fighting relegation. If we can't afford them, they should be sold. They're out of contract in the summer, so a small fee will do, or even no fee if it's a foreign club.

I can't understand how BWP is still collecting his wages while better strikers are on loan.

What of Dyer too? He signed a new contract then left. Has he played for Sheff Utd? Is Robertson really more useful?!

they weren't sold because no-one wants to buy them. As long as there are Premiership and CCC clubs with plethoric squads and wages bills around there will always be players available on loan without buying them. These guys earn far more than their salary grade, the won't take a cut so we have to take whatever option we can to get them off the pay-roll,albeit temporarily.

Whether we can keep one or not, it's insane to have players loaned out to rivals in this league. Bristol city and watford, IMO will end up in the bottom half, and we're fighting relegation. If we can't afford them, they should be sold. They're out of contract in the summer, so a small fee will do, or even no fee if it's a foreign club.

I can't understand how BWP is still collecting his wages while better strikers are on loan.

What of Dyer too? He signed a new contract then left. Has he played for Sheff Utd? Is Robertson really more useful?!

Dyer is getting a few sub runs on with Sheff Utd, haven't a clue how well he's doing.

We have the experienced strike playing in the team in the form of Jason Euell. He's a striker, n'est pas although he seems to play a lot in mid field.

I've been certain all along that we'd recall one or two of our loan players in January and send out one or two youngsters on loan to other clubs. Jan is following a plan of blooding as many youngsters as possible either to get us eventually promoted or to put them in the position to be sold at a big fat profit. Sadly I suspect the latter.

It may be insane but it is real life. After relegation plan A was to use the parachute payment to get back up to the Premiership and quick. There may have been a plan B but the change at board level meant that we pretty much extended Plan A to the point where our financial viability was threatened. Plan C is to get rid of the high earners and develop the youngsters. If we go down with that strategy then so be it but we do not have any real choices. Hopefully we will do enough to just about stay up and build from there. This team a year on could be quite useful whatever division they are in.

The vast majority of fans are rightly ****ed off because they want instant success but once you have a plan, you have to stick with it. Particularly when the choices are so limited!

Dyer is getting a few sub runs on with Sheff Utd, haven't a clue how well he's doing.

Surely the point is he was poor for us and getting worse. He and BWP seemed unable to co-exist at the club and Nathan was probably the only one we were ever seriously going to get offers for. Hopefully he can get his head straight at Sheffield. Robertson has not really had a chance to shine for us yet apart from his wonder goal but looked useful in the limited sightings I have had. I would certainly rather have him than Dyer at this point in time. Long term, I hope Dyer returns eventually and can get back to his form immediately prior to last seasons injury.

not that fussed if any of them come back to be honest. We can't afford their wages and will they want to be here? Stern JOhn didn;t look like he could be arsed, Rasiak only comes back to pick up his summer wages and Saga was our own Scott Dobie.

Rasiak is on loan until the end of the season, when his contract here expires and will not be renewed. We have seen the last of him in a Saints shirt.

Rasiak's contract expires in 2010. He signed a 4-year deal when his move from Spurs became permanent in the summer of 2006.

FWIW, I agree with ART... we have an experienced player on our books who has played significant parts of his career as a striker in Jason Euell. He's not particularly prolific, but he certainly works hard and has the pace, strength and stamina to be a real asset in this division. It seems it's just a case of keeping him fit at the moment...

For me, Euell was the main reason for McGoldrick's massive improvement in the Coventry game in terms of his workrate and running off the ball. He was providing DMG with an outlet when the ball was played up to him by getting forward very quickly to support him and often made runs beyond him which is always very difficult to defend against.

going down without them.

What other club on earth would LOAN OUT there best 3 strikers???? fair enough if someone offered big money and we sold them to ease some financial pressure but LOANING OUT to other clubs in the SAME DIVISION???? it beggers belief, it really does...

You do know they were loaned out to get of the wage budget as well as loan fee's

Rasiak's contract expires in 2010. He signed a 4-year deal when his move from Spurs became permanent in the summer of 2006.

FWIW, I agree with ART... we have an experienced player on our books who has played significant parts of his career as a striker in Jason Euell. He's not particularly prolific, but he certainly works hard and has the pace, strength and stamina to be a real asset in this division. It seems it's just a case of keeping him fit at the moment...

For me, Euell was the main reason for McGoldrick's massive improvement in the Coventry game in terms of his workrate and running off the ball. He was providing DMG with an outlet when the ball was played up to him by getting forward very quickly to support him and often made runs beyond him which is always very difficult to defend against.

Fair enough. That is terrible buisness sense though. Offering a player a deal that long and on that much money, which expires 3 years after the parachute payments end.

Agree about Euell. HCDAJFU up front, if we were playing a 4-4-2 formation. So could Skacel, playing just off the main striker. Yet for some reason we seem to be doing the one thing that definitely wont work, playing DMG up front on his own, with Lallana in the hole.