Jack Boyle

BotleySaint

Dear All

Just to let you all know the last paragraph on the BBC site is incorrect. Jack will be signing on the morning of the Wolves game but NOT in front of the fans.

Jack has been watched by Matt Crocker and Mark Wotte and he has also been involved in training sessions with Jan Poortvliet and Dave Hockaday. Our coaching team believe he has potential but this depends upon how Jack does over the coming months. He has had 2 trial matches at Southampton and has impressed on both occasions. He is not being brought in as a first team squad member although if he realises his potential he could be considered in the future.

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Sorry, but this is a joke isn't it?

An 18 year old no one has ever heard of, and who might be ok if he progresses, is going to sign on the morning of the Wolves game?

Is he that special that you have to plan ahead for it?

Is it such a special contract that you don't already have a pro-forma version sat on the PC just ready and waiting for the secretary to input the name? 'Cos we've never signed a kid before, have we?

And a song and dance is being made about it in the media that far ahead?

I think the poster who said the sound we heard was a PR U-turn must have it about right.

Im glad he will not be signing in front of the fans. Can you imagine it!

Would be like when Gobern came on at Preston and our fans were singing "who the ****ing hell are you" :)

so am i , i actually feel sorry for these youngsters who are being bigged up by the PR machine at SMS.

most fans accept they are learning their trade ubder difficult circumstances and the fans that attend games at SMS have shown remarkable patience considering the weird tactics employed by the management in home games

I thought exactly the same. It goes from bad to worse (irrespective of the lad in question - Wilde is hardly a football luminaire!) at SFC and you've got to laugh. What the f*ck is going on?! We've got Wilde doing our scouting now?! FFS! :smt084

I actually burst out laughing upon reading the article.

Unprofessional FC! R.I.P.

Unprofessional Poster who probably has no idea of the true facts.

Good to know that Wilde is searching high and wide for new talent in his new role as chief scout. Good appointment, Rupert.

Whilst I am not a fan of Wilde or Lowe, I think that this is a bit unfair. If you or I, or anyone else on this forum spoke to the club and said "Hey, there`s a young lad who plays for our local team and he looks very useful and could hsve potential" and the club had a look and gave him a trial, would you be then considered Chief Scout?? Let`s not let our dislike of W and L get in the way of a good dig though!

Whilst I am not a fan of Wilde or Lowe, I think that this is a bit unfair. If you or I, or anyone else on this forum spoke to the club and said "Hey, there`s a young lad who plays for our local team and he looks very useful and could hsve potential" and the club had a look and gave him a trial, would you be then considered Chief Scout?? Let`s not let our dislike of W and L get in the way of a good dig though!

So you think that when AN Other that posts on here has an opinion about a good prospect that he's seen, that the club pays as much notice to that recommendation as when it comes from the biggest shareholder who also happens to be chairman of the football board? A bit naive, don't you think? ;)

So you think that when AN Other that posts on here has an opinion about a good prospect that he's seen, that the club pays as much notice to that recommendation as when it comes from the biggest shareholder who also happens to be chairman of the football board? A bit naive, don't you think? ;)

Possibly, but I am finding it difficult to understand exactly what Wilde is supposed to have done that is wrong."Chairman of Company Spots Potential Useful Employee" shock. The Bastard!!

I thought exactly the same. It goes from bad to worse (irrespective of the lad in question - Wilde is hardly a football luminaire!) at SFC and you've got to laugh. What the f*ck is going on?! We've got Wilde doing our scouting now?! FFS! :smt084

I actually burst out laughing upon reading the article.

Unprofessional FC! R.I.P.

Surely football luminaires are better known as floodlights, or are you the bastard son of Mrs. Malaprop and the Rev. Spooner?

smells like another SAINTS GO WILDE!! pr gaffe

when he got those t-shirts printed then swiftly removed from the site following a backlash

Boyle probably was meant to be unveiled by Michael Wilde before kick off before all this backlash

Maybe Wilde thought it would boost his popularity

Can anyone else remember a young player we signed from a non league side being paraded in front of the crowd in our first season at SMS (I think), thing is I cant remember the lads name or what happened to him. Tell me I am not imaging this as no one else can remember it.

I think it was Luke Byles ladysaint.

I've no problem with Wilde, Lowe or anyone recommending a youngish player to our scouts. There would be uproar if he started playing for Reading or Wolves having grown up in Wilde's back yard, so to speak. However it's the PR spin and the BBC headlines, whether signed on the pitch or not, that gets to me. I'm sure 100's of youngsters are signed short term by Football league Clubs, why do the people who run our Club have to make such a big fanfare about it.Looks like Wilde's trying to big himself up.

I've no problem with Wilde, Lowe or anyone recommending a youngish player to our scouts. There would be uproar if he started playing for Reading or Wolves having grown up in Wilde's back yard, so to speak.

How exactly do you go about approaching someone at the club if you believe you have seen a talent that is worth looking at ?

I'm sure there are a few people that are Saints fans that have seen or played with, or against, someone that you think is head and shoulders above the others but have slipped through the net that could have had a chance if someone had taken the word of an ordinary fan, just as it is in this case with MW. He is no more qualified to make a judgement than you or I. I wonder if the likes of Andy Townsend or Jason Dodd would have ever made it professionally if we hadn't have given them the chance.

If one of us saw what we thought was a player that could solve one of our problems, would the club take any notice and follow it up ?

I hope this lad can make the step up because we are now in a position that we rely on our scouting network more than ever.