Jack Boyle

BotleySaint

Boyle, who has had trials at a number of professional sides, said he is looking forward to the chance to show his potential.

"When you go away on trail it's hard to step up and I've been knocked back at a few places"

Sounds just what we need lol

Someone please come and save our club

Can't see this anywhere else yet:

Apparently he will sign for six months in front of fans at Wolves?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7721355.stm

Spotted by Wilde :)

I didn't know Wilde was a scout though. And it seems he has spotted potential that other professional clubs couldn't see!

God, we're lucky at SFC to have people like Lowe and Wilde.

"Boyle will sign his first contract in front of the Saints fans at St Mary's before the start of their Championship clash with Wolves on Saturday, 15 November."

from the bbc.

another Rudi moment?

Seriously, this is bollix. Getting all excited over yet another kid who may or may not be able to cut it. Oh how we have fallen :-(

Boyle will sign his first contract in front of the Saints fans at St Mary's before the start of their Championship clash with Wolves on Saturday, 15 November."

How many will witness this event?

Thats not the point mate ..its to satisfy the ego of our football chairman as nothing else matters here - Look who I have uncovered....

Perhaps we should send Mr Wilde out onto the fields at Test Park and Millbrook Rec on a Saturday as he is such a talent spotter.

This is not writing off Boyle but are you telling me that an 18 year old hasn't been spotted before?

I know 8/9 year olds that have been approached by Chelsea already.

If he's worth a trial, great, but why embarass him by signing on the pitch? It can't be true can it? It really won't get a favourable reaction from the fans. Well, I'm sure the Wolves fans will find it hilarious.

Only huge signings should sign before a game like that. Even Rudi was pushing things a bit. If we signed Beattie back or something, then fine, if we signed Robinho, fine, but Jack Boyle who has been rejected by many other clubs? Oh dear.

In mind of the fact that we haven't done it with several higher profile signings of late i'd be surprised if it is the case...

Signing an unknown youngster rejected by others who he trialled with warrants a pre-match pitchside signing?

And have we commisioned John Cleese to demonstrate his famous Ministry of Silly Walks afterwards, together with Mr. Keepy Ball Up too?

You really couldn't make it up.

Maybe the lad should play some actual Reserve games first....I have not seen him on the team sheet or Youth freindly games........In reality this should NOT be happening at St Marys...God bless the lad if he is a star his time will come for the fanfare...not now Wildey...Are you sure Lowey is trying to set you up.

An what the hell is the Muratti ?

K.

The Muratti is an annual men's football competition, inaugurated in 1905, between the Channel Islands of Guernsey, Jersey and Alderney, the prize for winning being a trophy called the Muratti Vase. Both Matthew Le Tissier and Graeme Le Saux played in the Muratti for Guernsey and Jersey respectively. Since its inception, the match has been held in both islands on alternate years, interrupted only between 1915-1919 and 1940-1946 due to the First and Second World Wars. The teams wear their island colours of green and white (Guernsey) and red and white (Jersey) and blue and white (Alderney). The competition, which has been sponsored by Cimandis since 2006, now includes Ladies' and Junior trophies.

Jersey has won the competition 48 times, Guernsey 42 times, and Alderney once (in 1920). Jersey won the 2006 Muratti 3-2, the third and winning goal scored by Peter Vincenti Jnr (the son of Jersey's current manager). Jersey Police were called to a series of incidents as violence erupted between rival supporters after the 2006 final.

The 2007 Muratti Vase Semi-Final took place between Alderney and Guernsey on Saturday 17 March (result: Guernsey 5 - Alderney 0), the winners playing Jersey at the Footes Lane Stadium on Sunday 6 May. The result of the 2007 final was Guernsey 0 - 0 Jersey (Jersey won 7-6 on penalties).

The 2007 Ladies Muratti between Guernsey and Jersey took place at the Footes Lane Stadium on Monday 7 May. The result was Guernsey Ladies 1 - 3 Jersey Ladies (all goals scored in extra time).

Maybe the lad should play some actual Reserve games first....I have not seen him on the team sheet or Youth freindly games........In reality this should NOT be happening at St Marys...God bless the lad if he is a star his time will come for the fanfare...not now Wildey...Are you sure Lowey is trying to set you up.

Seriously. How old are you?

Can anyone else remember a young player we signed from a non league side being paraded in front of the crowd in our first season at SMS (I think), thing is I cant remember the lads name or what happened to him. Tell me I am not imaging this as no one else can remember it.

The 2007 Muratti Vase Semi-Final took place between Alderney and Guernsey on Saturday 17 March (result: Guernsey 5 - Alderney 0), the winners playing Jersey at the Footes Lane Stadium on Sunday 6 May. The result of the 2007 final was Guernsey 0 - 0 Jersey (Jersey won 7-6 on penalties)

Nice competition. Three teams so presumably one side each year gets a bye into the final!

Poor old Alderney, only ever winning it once too.

Oh marvellous...

The funniest thing has been we were all predicting that we would be raiding the Tyro Leagues shortly, which now appears to be coming true...!

My only regret is that Saints weren't doing that 20 years ago - I might have had a chance then.....

It simply BEGGARS BELIEF - we are now the most laughable club in the land.

Lets not get too excited - 'twas only the Junior Muratti!

Anyway, we need a goalscorer so why not bring over Declan Sowney who got a hat trick?

And we need a right back - so Fabio de Jesus could probably fit in there (and we won't have to pay his fare over - he can walk!).

Nice competition. Three teams so presumably one side each year gets a bye into the final!

Poor old Alderney, only ever winning it once too.

I suspect the plan actually is to move all of our players to the Channel Islands to join Boyle, and enter the Muratti each year. With only 3 other teams involved it is possible that we could actually be successful even with Jan coaching the team. At least we should be able to give Alderney a run for their money. Perhaps we could invite the Isle of Wight to join in the competition as well.

I think this has to be a wind up, have we really stooped this lowe? :(

I suspect the plan actually is to move all of our players to the Channel Islands to join Boyle, and enter the Muratti each year. With only 3 other teams involved it is possible that we could actually be successful even with Jan coaching the team. At least we should be able to give Alderney a run for their money. Perhaps we could invite the Isle of Wight to join in the competition as well.

I think this has to be a wind up, have we really stooped this lowe? :(

I can put forward the Island of Lundy forward for participation in this competition, especially for The Ladies section...Lundy has some really good birds and some are very swift..others full of **** like me ,Wildey and Lowey.

Noffence intented to my two idols.....

Can't see this anywhere else yet:

Apparently he will sign for six months in front of fans at Wolves?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7721355.stm

Spotted by Wilde :)

Was it a very good spot, this boyle?

Has he a good head on him?

I'm sure we can squeeze something out of him.

I hope he can burst through soon.

Come on you red and whites.

It's nearly Christmas and pantomime season approaches - "Puss In Boots" anyone?

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Edited by hughieslastminutegoal

I didn't know Wilde was a scout though. And it seems he has spotted potential that other professional clubs couldn't see!

The "potential" Wilde has spotted is easy to understand ...... all he has got, is an instant "Cheapo" replacement for one of Lowelife's " PLC Firesale" in the January transfer window .........

....... Any chance of the FOTTBALL Team ever getting a settled side again goes out of the window

Lowe came back to ruin the "irratant" Football side of things .... and he's doing a very fine completely unoposed job of it. ........

I saw him play half a game for the reserves against Brighton at Staplewood ,he played wide left and did look useful.Hope he does well for us of course but a public pitch signing does seem a little OTT.

Was it a very good spot, this boyle?

Has he a good head on him?

I'm sure we can squeeze something out of him.

I hope he can burst through soon.

Come on you red and whites.

It's nearly Christmas and pantomime season approaches - "Puss In Boots" anyone?

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Being something of a septic I'm never surprised by wart that scab Wilde will do for publicity.

I saw him play half a game for the reserves against Brighton at Staplewood ,he played wide left and did look useful.Hope he does well for us of course but a public pitch signing does seem a little OTT.

Thanks for that...I really hope he goes on to be a true Saints star...

My heart will go out to him if they put him through the silliness of this signing mode...If I was him or his father, then I would demand it be conductedness behind closed doors and let the lad get on with his football.

The old saying a rod for his own back.....springs to mind.

How many of you thought it was one of those joke article links and had to check it was a real bbc news article? It sounds almost too comical to be true. The chairman spots an unknown footballer, and before long he's offered a contract at the club. Can we really afford this gamble?

That said. If he is good enough and turns into a superstar- which I hope he does for the good of the club, it'll be amazing! I think i could even put up with Lowe's smug grin if the lad scores the goal that keeps us up.

I thought exactly the same. It goes from bad to worse (irrespective of the lad in question - Wilde is hardly a football luminaire!) at SFC and you've got to laugh. What the f*ck is going on?! We've got Wilde doing our scouting now?! FFS! :smt084

I actually burst out laughing upon reading the article.

Unprofessional FC! R.I.P.