Jack Boyle

BotleySaint

Dear All

Just to let you all know the last paragraph on the BBC site is incorrect. Jack will be signing on the morning of the Wolves game but NOT in front of the fans.

Jack has been watched by Matt Crocker and Mark Wotte and he has also been involved in training sessions with Jan Poortvliet and Dave Hockaday. Our coaching team believe he has potential but this depends upon how Jack does over the coming months. He has had 2 trial matches at Southampton and has impressed on both occasions. He is not being brought in as a first team squad member although if he realises his potential he could be considered in the future.

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Dear All

Just to let you all know the last paragraph on the BBC site is incorrect. Jack will be signing on the morning of the Wolves game but NOT in front of the fans.

Jack has been watched by Matt Crocker and Mark Wotte and he has also been involved in training sessions with Jan Poortvliet and Dave Hockaday. Our coaching team believe he has potential but this depends upon how Jack does over the coming months. He has had 2 trial matches at Southampton and has impressed on both occasions. He is not being brought in as a first team squad member although if he realises his potential he could be considered in the future.

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Sorry Mike, but if this is correct then it's still odd.

An 18 year old is not yet considered good enough for a team comprised mainly of 18-19 year olds, with even a couple of 17 year olds thrown in? Surely this indicates that the players in the team - or on the fringes (i.e Gobern) - right now have better potential than Jack Doyle, meaning this is still a weird signing.

An 18 year old is not yet considered good enough for a team comprised mainly of 18-19 year olds, with even a couple of 17 year olds thrown in? Surely this indicates that the players in the team - or on the fringes (i.e Gobern) - right now have better potential than Jack Doyle, meaning this is still a weird signing.

Not as weird as Anthony Pulis - now that was weird - any comments on that one Mr Wilde?

Different players develop at different rates...

Sir, Michael

Many thanks for clearing this up and hopefully the lad goes on to be a Saints star. We all knew the pitch signing was never going to happen.

Ps Wildey, you have the power to sort out this boardroom now.

My own suggestion is that Lowey leaves the club, he has had more than several attempts without success and at least the fan base will be re-united.With someone like Salzey in that particular chair and a shuffle on the football board, we may even get out of this mess.

A real Director of Football is required to Manage these Football Coaches whilst they learn their trade in the CCC. These suggestions are purely my own opinion(Maybe 20,000

other fans as well)

Please before it is too late.

Go Wildey.

Well thats our most vociferous fans on here damming the boy before he's even kicked a ball.

Jack if I was you tell Mike Wilde thanks very much for the offer but no thanks

Oh and put a message in the Programme thanking the fans on the forum for pointing me in the right direction. Southampton FC is not the place a footballer wants to come to learn his trade, With fans like those, you be lucky to run a club with a domkey Sanctury.

Why don't you actually read what is written before attacking the fans as usual?

Nearly all the posts are nothing to do with his ability but the ridiculous signing on the pitch - where this lad has been playing and where he was scouted from even though he has been turned down several times.

This forum is becoming even more of a joke with people like you blaming everything on the fans and nothing at where the real issues lie.

Dear All

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Any chance of finding some new board members ?

Oh yeh, nearly forgot, and a couple of full backs.

Edited by slickmick

Dear All

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Thanks for clearing that up. You should post on here more often to help correct wrong information - any comment on Lowe picking the team?

Wasn't Ian Wright spotted playing in local football having escaped the notice of all of the scouts as a lad?

That would be the classic case yes...

Surman and Lallana having their breakthrough seasons at 20 years old would be a couple more...

Not everyone can do the Walcott shuffle...

Well thats our most vociferous fans on here damming the boy before he's even kicked a ball.

Oh and put a message in the Programme thanking the fans on the forum for pointing me in the right direction. Southampton FC is not the place a footballer wants to come to learn his trade, With fans like those, you be lucky to run a club with a domkey Sanctury.

Exactly, what if this kid has a short look around on the internet and finds this thread? It just takes shoving 'Jack Boyle Southampton' into google and, oh look, second hit.

I can understand the frustration but really, who can be angry about signing an 18 year old for 6 months? It's not as if we're signing him instead of a full back.

OK I agree, our priority should be with signing at least one full back. But you are all complaining about us signing an 18 year old who's going to play in our reserves and hopefully break through one day. Get a grip.

Ron

Just for you Ron. I will try not to post anything remotely in the future for fear of offending you.

Thanks for that I will hold you too it......

Actually I can see you are hurting as much as the rest of us!

The thing is I see posts blaming fans for this that and the other when if you take one foot in SMS as am sure you do going by your posts you know there is nothing but support and no booing.

We have had nothing but crap at home to cheer about apart from the odd sporadic win 20 games and 5 wins I saw posted.

Then to see we are signing some lad on the pitch who no-one has heard of when we are crying out for a bit of experience most felt it was another kick in the balls especially when it was triumphed by the man I hold responsible for the latest debacle.

11 players signed so far and how many have been decent or worthwhile yet still 14,000 nutters turn up and give nothing but support on match day thats why I overreacted to a slur on the good supporters of this club they dont deserve anything but praise in my eyes.

Mr Wilde,

I am actually a very promising footballer. My mum said so. I've even scored two goals at St. Marys. How about getting me in on a 6 month trial. Someone who might actually give a **** about playing for the club. I would even let myself be First team cover. I would only cost £10 a game. Or you can buy me some new boots, then i'll play for free.

The option is down to you. I fit in with your plans.

Exactly, what if this kid has a short look around on the internet and finds this thread? It just takes shoving 'Jack Boyle Southampton' into google and, oh look, second hit.

I can understand the frustration but really, who can be angry about signing an 18 year old for 6 months? It's not as if we're signing him instead of a full back.

OK I agree, our priority should be with signing at least one full back. But you are all complaining about us signing an 18 year old who's going to play in our reserves and hopefully break through one day. Get a grip.

Ok maybe there was an overeaction ...especially as Michael Wilde has corrected the error but it was the triumphing of where this player came from and by who he was discovered by that really got to me - was that necessary when we get players in on trial regularly.

But then I am tetchy when it comes to Mr Wilde as he sold me down the river and I get angry with myself for falling for all his bull**** in the first place.

Ok maybe there was an overeaction ...especially as Michael Wilde has corrected the error but it was the triumphing of where this player came from and by who he was discovered by that really got to me - was that necessary when we get players in on trial regularly.

But then I am tetchy when it comes to Mr Wilde as he sold me down the river and I get angry with myself for falling for all his bull**** in the first place.

The piece was on the bbc web site so you can't really blame the OS for doing a PR job.

Can anyone else remember a young player we signed from a non league side being paraded in front of the crowd in our first season at SMS (I think), thing is I cant remember the lads name or what happened to him. Tell me I am not imaging this as no one else can remember it.

You were correct but it was at The Dell and the announcer in the maroon coat forgot his name!. I cannot remember it also,(It might have been Mike Williamson or Crainie) but I do remember the announcer was the one that used to telephone the PA to play "One Vision" before the teams came out. Later at St Mary's he overead the half time scores, talking about the away team coaches after the match. I have never seen him since!

cr*P very few are damming the player just the idiots signing him and more importantly the proposed method of siging before a game on the pitch.

The rod for these youngsters is being created by a publicity machine which totally fails to understand what impresses or matters to supporters of any club.Every player signed has been "bigged up" the 14000 of us attending games are forming are judgements based on what we see on the pitch

Seems like low risk, worth a try. God there will be some really disappointed people on here if the guy turns out to be a gem! Good luck to him.

Indeed. It would seem that we have nothing to lose and everything to gain from such an arrangement.

"Nothing ventured...."

Ron

I take your point as I have no axe to grind with you, However an innocent post is made about a signing, that it has grown arms and legs before you can blink.

It suddenly became a post about wilde/ lowe etc and there were the usual cohorts spiiting their usual venom.

If I was player coming to the club and I stumbled upon this site , I would be very concerned about wanting to Join the club.

Look at the likes of players we have had and the way certain fans treat them. K Davis for one.

Thankfully Mike Wilde came on Here and clarified what is happening re Jack Boyle.

I read the thread and sadly got caught up in all the negativity that was being spouted.

If your trying to say to me I should not looking for the positives then fine.

I am hurting like the rest of you but Im trying to be bloody positive about the mess we find ourselves in.

Just for you Ron. I will try not to post anything remotely in the future for fear of offending you.

Clearly the problem every one had was with the signing on the pitch not the player, if that wasn't on the article no one would have had a problem.

A pitch signing would have been embarrassing for us and for the kid. Frankly its embarrassing that the story made the news in the first place, what other club releases stories about a kid coming for an extended trial.

Just to confirm before you get on your high horse, I have nothing against the kid but it is a marker of how far we have fallen.

Out of interest lets see if the BBC article gets changed in line with the PR climb down (its the go Wilde t-shirts all over again). I wish Wilde would make up his mind, one minute its on the pitch the next its off, one minute he's anti lowe the next they are best mates.

Edited by Fan The Flames

Dear All

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Phew! There was me thinking you were doing the scouting! LOL

Dear All

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Bring back some of our experienced goalscorers instead please...we really don`t need anymore potentials/hopefulls at the moment,we need players to score goals,defend properly and get points on the board.

give him a chance please...

how can you all know he is rubbish when you have never seen him play. if you have seen him play and you think he's rubbish fine. if you haven't then shut up

read the post properly please...

how can you comment when you havn't read the post properly, if there are people slagging off his ability then fine, if not then shut up

Originally Posted by Michael Wilde viewpost.gif

Dear All

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

Phew, for a moment I thought Mike had retained LLS as his PR guru.....

In fact the process as laid out above is exactly how the system works. A friend of mine has a youngster (no not old enough yet) who could be a prospect for the academy. It seems our process is actually more detailed and professional than that at a "Premier League" club who also looked at his nipper but decided to take on some older 14 year olds for their first team next year.

How many of you thought it was one of those joke article links and had to check it was a real bbc news article? It sounds almost too comical to be true. The chairman spots an unknown footballer, and before long he's offered a contract at the club. Can we really afford this gamble?

That said. If he is good enough and turns into a superstar- which I hope he does for the good of the club, it'll be amazing! I think i could even put up with Lowe's smug grin if the lad scores the goal that keeps us up.

This guy is Quality,football in Jersey as in all sports is very competitive the facilities are good and there are many,just for the record Graham le Saux was not thought to be a Pro standard player, so who knows? JB might cut it.

Wilde thought you would have better things to do with your time then spend it looking at a fans forum!!

How about trying to clear up the mess you have caused by bringing Lowe back?

Oh by the way any chance you could find that 2 million you promised the board !!

This shouldn't even be a story let alone a ****ing great pitch signing fiasco. It's a joke. Anyone remember Luke Byles? He had the same treatment as far as i recall. ****ing embarrassing, even more so as 180 Wilde is being bigged up as a talent scout.

****ing clowns, just **** off.

Why the f**k is he signing in front of the crowd?? Anyone remember the last time that happened?! And that was for a player we were actually excited about. Another pathetic attempt of a publicity 'attendance boosting' stunt by the powers that be.

Can your read?

Dear All

Micheal Wilde

Dear All

Kind regards to all

Michael Wilde

A decent honest response that does not warrant further negativity. Thanks.

PS Please can we have a boardroom that represents the interests of the club, supporters and local community? The current one does not.

Can your read?

Dear All

Micheal Wilde

I'm not sure I believe a word Michael Wilde says, but he will look a monumental arse if this does happen now so I'll give hom the benefit of the doubt on this one. That's not to say it was never planned though is it....?

Very strange thing for the Beeb to make up.