Les Reed - the cushiest job in the world?

Turkish

No! no! No! This can't be true! The navy chef from Plymouth that rarely goes to games has told us Adkins got everything he wanted!

why are you being a cvnt by calling me a navy chef...I actually respect your views on here and think you are a top poster...just dont agree with you on this subject.....

So if I say I've been reliably informed, I must be correct. Apart from VMAN, nobody knows jack - and what people do know is of little consequence. The inner sanctum of the club plays its cards close to its chest - the rest is guesswork peddled to gullible mugs as unimpeachable truth.

I have no allegiance to the Cortese or the current regime but I deal in evidence -and that's been sorely missing.

A laughable suggestion.

So just to confirm you were happy to quote Nixon to support your arguement when he said the we had made a big bid for a centre half fall through at the last minute, but when he said a week before the window shut we didtknow what centre back we wanted, you say he doesn't know everything?

If I didn't know better Jamie id think you were turning into one of the many clowns on here who only believe positive news........

So just to confirm you were happy to quote Nixon to support your arguement when he said the we had made a big bid for a centre half fall through at the last minute, but when he said a week before the window shut we didtknow what centre back we wanted, you say he doesn't know everything?

If I didn't know better Jamie id think you were turning into one of the many clowns on here who only believe positive news........

im not....just because he suggested we put in a big bid for a CB...I like to think..(again, neither of us is right or wrong) that we had bids in for others....as said before, I am sure we have had bids in for players and nearly signed them....who we will never hear about.

remember being totally shocked when it came out in january that ipswich bid for lambert when we came up from league 1...dont recall hearing about that in the press...im sure we have received bids that we will never know about...

what I do know is that adkins has been backed heavily in the transfer market...in positions all over the park..and IMO, he should be doing a great deal better

would adkins want more players...bloody hell yet...I suspect every manager does...I am very disappointed we never got in a LB though

So if I say I've been reliably informed, I must be correct. Apart from VMAN, nobody knows jack - and what people do know is of little consequence. The inner sanctum of the club plays its cards close to its chest - the rest is guesswork peddled to gullible mugs as unimpeachable truth.

I have no allegiance to the Cortese or the current regime but I deal in evidence -and that's been sorely missing. FACT

I do agree that it doesn't matter what people know, it makes little consequence although I wonder of fitzhugh fella will now be 'illingworthed' but to say no one knows anything is stupid, naive and plain wrong.

we had made a big bid for a centre half fall through at the last minute, but when he said a week before the window shut we didtknow what centre back we wanted,

That sound about right. We was making signing a big bucks CB a priority, then it fell through and we had to scrabble round to decide if Yoshida or Dann or Whoever is the better deal.

Is that bad though? It sounds kind of reasonable.

Turkish has a point tdd. Does sound very much like you are picking and choosing which bits of info from Nixon to believe.

my point is...none of us know the FACTS..yet we are all guilty of saying what is fact and what isnt when we honestly have no idea.........I have done it..everyone does it...

I do agree that it doesn't matter what people know, it makes little consequence although I wonder of fitzhugh fella will now be 'illingworthed' but to say no one knows anything is stupid, naive and plain wrong.

Relative to all the charges that have been made -from NA getting none of his transfer targets to Cortese/Reed picking the team- nobody knows jack.

No doubt vague snippets -transfers, team selections- do come out; but it will be low-level stuff -not the club's dirtiest linen -and that's what we're talking about here.

While I might be overestimating the powers of the local media, surely if there was mileage in any of this stuff, it would have been picked up already or investigated. No doubt, they're as well connected as any two-bit contributor to a m**gboard.

If you're going to take Nixons word as gospel he also said we didn't know what centre back we wanted, a week before the window shut. 6 weeks after Adkins said we'd be looking to being in one or two centre backs as a priority. If this is the case then what a shambles. Or do we disregard this comment as it dares to suggest people in charge of recruitment are failing and not supporting the manager?

It may have been a combination of a multitude of factors, we dont know where the blame lies, be it Reid, Adkins, Nicola, chief scout or just bad luck/targets not saying yes etc

But I do agree, the transfer window as much as I was happy with clyne, J Rod, Gaston etc we were crying out for defenders and cocked it right up. We are now paying for it.

BUT as happy as I was with signings, I did point out relying on youth in your first year in prem is utter madness.

I can assure you it isn't, thanks for the concearn though.

As he says himself what he is responsible for in the interview i linked, then is it fair to say he's respsonsible for those areas when they fail?

Good to hear you're finding a little bit of time away from this board every day, Chris, or is The Kraken your wife? If not, watch out there, I think she likes you a bit too much.

Good to hear you're finding a little bit of time away from this board every day, Chris, or is The Kraken your wife? If not, watch out there, I think she likes you a bit too much.

Why, does he comment on my every post and has made up a hilarious pet name for me?

Edited by Turkish