Lee Molyneux

miserableoldgit

Would be nice to see him here if it allows Skacel to play left wing until Holmes is back fully fit.

I agree with this. Could give us another string to our bow, but I am concerned with the amount of loans that we have at present, especially as a number of them are only until January. If we lose them AND sell Lallana/Surman etc, what state will we be in then?

LM is a decent prospect IMO.

As already mentioned, he does lack experience but here would be the perfect place to get some.

Would be nice to have a proper LB playing too, although Skacel has been doing well of late to be fair.

If true, me thinks that he would be a replacement for Skacel though, who is set to leave in January for Ipswich.

This would be another disappointing loan as it would send out a message to Mills your not wanted.

In anycase he is the same age as Mills and probably no more experienced.

Experience surely is what we need there whilst Mills gets games/part games and progresses into a regular team player...

Yes I probably agree

But if Surman or Skacel are to go in Jan it maybe a good idea

This would be another disappointing loan as it would send out a message to Mills your not wanted.

In anycase he is the same age as Mills and probably no more experienced.

Experience surely is what we need there whilst Mills gets games/part games and progresses into a regular team player...

Understand this but surely competion for places is the thing. It wasn`t that long ago that we were all squinnying because JP hadn`t bought any full backs/defenders in.

No argument but would point to the experience of this lad and you would end up with the same sort of inconsistency you have with most youngsters in first teams at this level.

I really do not know the lad or have any info on his ability and make the comparison with Mills age wise. My guess is that Mills has already played more senior games....

Moyes should loan us one of the experienced LBs when Skacel leaves. Other than that I have nothing against actually signing prospective talent...But too many loans of similar or lower standard is not good for our wage bill regardless of who leaves...Especially when these loans do not end up regular first team squad.......Mind you if he turns up and is brilliant..then I will shut up again...Then again not so sure he would be comimg this way...O'Halloran springs to mind.

I agree with this. Could give us another string to our bow, but I am concerned with the amount of loans that we have at present, especially as a number of them are only until January. If we lose them AND sell Lallana/Surman etc, what state will we be in then?

I seem to remember JP saying on Radio Hampshire that we had 'optshuns' on all of them.

It doesn't really matter either way - if say Beattie was out for a long stretch, likelihood is Sheff Utd would want their man back now (similar for Pearce if Reading start losing ;) )

We aren't looking for promotion, this is a project that will take two or three years to bear fruit (that's if it ever does). In that 2-3 years there will be players coming in and players going out, loans and sales.

We need to roll with the punches and hope the replacements turn out to be better.

According to The People this morning Saints are trying to sign this 19 year old left back on loan from Everton. YES - A LEFT BACK!!

Are you sure? GOOD GOD! Must be paper talk - a FULL BACK, more particularly...a LEFT BACK!! OMFG

Won't comment on the age as par for the course now. You think they'd try add some experience, seeing as the balance is wrong, but it is paper talk. Who knows?!

know nothing about him, so checked him out on FM09, seems quick but very ordinary ;)

That's a good a method of checking than any! LOL In fact, I may do that in future. Doing one campaign with Saints and one with Man City as it's boring with no transfer budget! hehe

Why would Rudi agree to leave and cut his wages this time if he wasn't prepared to do so during the summer?

He's had something like a 50% pay cut and a new contract for a shorter term (hence why he's playing now) but he's as good as gone in Jan. I'm guessing, cos he can better the wage he's getting now (not tricky!) and is just playing to get fit and put himself in the shop window, if any deal falls through that isn't signed already. I guess he's doing it now under agent advice or desperation, as he won't get any club if unfit and not playing, or not wanting to play. Doesn't set a good precedence!

He's had something like a 50% pay cut and a new contract for a shorter term (hence why he's playing now) but he's as good as gone in Jan. I'm guessing, cos he can better the wage he's getting now (not tricky!) and is just playing to get fit and put himself in the shop window, if any deal falls through that isn't signed already. I guess he's doing it now under agent advice or desperation, as he won't get any club if unfit and not playing, or not wanting to play. Doesn't set a good precedence!

Not that I can see him being here after January but what makes you think he got a 50% pay cut and contract shortened? Just what you think or know?

If we are in the market for a LB then it sounds more like we will be losing Skacel and or Surman but cant really be unexpected. Full stadium and pushing for promotion would be the only things that would make the bank fully support us and also make players think about staying with us.

I used to play footy with a Lee Molyneux, for Ranvilles Rangers. Was a very good player and ended up playing for the Skates Youth team, however, he would be 24/25 rather than 19 so I dont think its him.

What I am struggling a little with, is the amount of loan players we have...

Pearce

Robertson

Smith

Cork

Pulis

Pekhart

Thats 6 already of which all (except maybe Pulis) are regular in the first team.

What happens next season when they are no longer here? Presuming they wont sign on permenantly.

Can add Gasmi and take away Pulis.

Last season we had Vignal, Davies, Hammil, Pearce, Wright, Perry, Lucketti, Bennet, Ifill, Dailly, O'Hallaran and Pericard all here on loans at some point. There is always going to be a high turn around of players in this league although we do seem to have more loan deals than average.

Why did he agree to that then?

Because we promised to let him move on without a fee? because le loves the club? what?

Or did he have a strange sort of contract that involved promotion to obtain continual high salary earning?, or as rumoured (once) his salary was only partially met by the club and that there was an outside element, sort of Tevez bis..

Because we promised to let him move on without a fee? because le loves the club? what?

Or did he have a strange sort of contract that involved promotion to obtain continual high salary earning?, or as rumoured (once) his salary was only partially met by the club and that there was an outside element, sort of Tevez bis..

Was that fact though? Or just rumour?

Possibly so he could maintain his fitness in the run up to January and play first team football. Maybe he was press ganged into it. Lowe's not the most easy going charimen in the world! Still, if it saves the club money, good. It's good to have some experience on the field, all be it for (possibly) a short time. I haven't heard anything about combined ownership though.

Not that I can see him being here after January but what makes you think he got a 50% pay cut and contract shortened? Just what you think or know?

If we are in the market for a LB then it sounds more like we will be losing Skacel and or Surman but cant really be unexpected. Full stadium and pushing for promotion would be the only things that would make the bank fully support us and also make players think about staying with us.

Just what I'd been told. Believe it or not, up to you. Whether the figure was 50%, who knows but it's odd he's suddenly playing again - could it be because of a previous appearance fee now being taken out of his contract?!

Why do you think he's not played all season, then suddenly plays again on the lead up to January. Time may shed more light but I'm only repeating what I'd heard. As mentioned, he may have been press ganged into the situation and forced to accept a contract or NOT play (as may have been happening). He could accept the new terms, then play for a time, before moving on to a new club for more money (he does strike me as the type that is more focused on the money than the football...imho)