Stewards and Banners

Kingsland Red

Caught a glimpse of the "If Carlsberg did Crooks" banner unveiled in the Northam today before our PC stewards rounded on the culprits.

After the recent debacle at St Marys regarding the 'NA sacking' banners, one wonders where has the fun gone?

Even his Rupertship tolerated "Duck off" etc.

St Marys must be one of the few places outside North Korea where the client isn't always in the right and looked after by the stewards rather than shafted by them.

It's so dull dull dull.

It's only a fire hazard if someone sets it alike, like, erm, setting you or me alight.

Good effort though Saint Samuel ,and much appreciated in our area of the Kingsland.

Is it not also libelous to call Redknapp a Crook? I don't know much about law but as far as I'm aware he hasn't actually been convicted of anything.

Maybe it should have read: "Carlsberg don't do people let off on a technicality..."? ;)

Is it not also libelous to call Redknapp a Crook? I don't know much about law but as far as I'm aware he hasn't actually been convicted of anything.

You are making an assumption as to who it is referring to, no mention on the banner of the man in question.

It was a fire hazard apparently. To be honest I wasn't optimistic, but a lot of the stewards around seemed to like it and we kept it out for as long we could before one of the less impressed threatened us with eviction.

Would be interested to know what the flags that the club have sold in the past are made out of. Then we could all make our own banners out of the same material - if they can be waved then obvioulsy they can't be a fire hazard.

Is there anything in the T&C's of Season Tickets that gives a proper reason why banners can't be displayed ?

I don't get this 'fire hazard' thing. How are they going to catch fire? The whole stadium is a no smoking area. Are there often naked flames in SMS? Come on, own up, which of you like to light scented candles in your seats?

It's like asking everybody to remove their clothes as they are a fire hazard....... ffs.

• 2 weeks later...
So, I can 'think' he's a count but i can't call him a count basically. Coolly. Free speech

True story -

a bloke at work said to a manager 'what would you do if I called you a c*nt'. He replied that he would be reported and disciplined. 'Well what if I just thought you were a c*nt.'.

He replied that he could think what he wanted.

'Ok then, I think you're a c*nt'.

Boss didn't know what to say, he just walked off.

To be fair, he was a c*nt.

Good to see that Liverpool's support satisfied the stewards with the fire safety of their banners, thunder flashes and flares.

No fire hazard there then.

Yes, but their loveable scouse wits, so thats alright.

Did you see any carrying the Jimmy Tarbuck Jokebook with them ?

And disappointed we did not have a minute to observe 'Justice for the 96' etc.