Oh no. Another international break.......

alpine_saint

did we not beat the champions of England after the last round of international fixtures?

No. We beat them just before and then followed up with two successive defeats to Newcastle and QPR immediately afterwards. Happens every time with Saints for some reason.

Can any one of you stats geeks point out the last time we did NOT lose a game following an interational break ???

Seriously, what can MP do to prevent history repeating itself - for the umpteenth time ???

Not allow Chelsea to score more goals than us.

Very good attempt.

But how does MP manage that ? You know very well I am referring to the training and preparation schedule over the next couple of weeks.

I don't know. I have no idea what our training and preparation schedule has been for the previous international breaks, so I have no idea what, if anything, needs to be altered this time around.

I don't know. I have no idea what our training and preparation schedule has been for the previous international breaks, so I have no idea what, if anything, needs to be altered this time around.

So if you feel you need to know what the current plans are before you can suggest what things should look like, why did you bother to post on this thread at all ?

I don't believe for one second that these losses are caused by international breaks. I do agree that some of the international breaks have come at times when we were just "on a roll" but there's not actual connection between the international break and us playing badly.

If anything its an advantage. We're playing Chelsea and all of their players will play international matches whereas we will only have a few away. That gives us time to train and prepare with at least the majority of the squad.

Until today we hadn't won with Schneiderlin scoring, sometimes these events might seem to be connected to each other but in reality they're unrelated. Lets just wait and see how we do against Chelsea. I'm looking forward to the match, Chelsea haven't exactly been great since our draw with them.

I don't believe for one second that these losses are caused by international breaks. I do agree that some of the international breaks have come at times when we were just "on a roll" but there's not actual connection between the international break and us playing badly.

If anything its an advantage. We're playing Chelsea and all of their players will play international matches whereas we will only have a few away. That gives us time to train and prepare with at least the majority of the squad.

Until today we hadn't won with Schneiderlin scoring, sometimes these events might seem to be connected to each other but in reality they're unrelated. Lets just wait and see how we do against Chelsea. I'm looking forward to the match, Chelsea haven't exactly been great since our draw with them.

Bristol rovers? Nottm Forest?