Hampshire CCC Season 2013

Weston Saint

KInd of shocked Hampshire set them 340. In the last100 years of cricket that kind of total hasn't been chased down too often in a county game, especially as Kent sacrificed batting points to declare If i was Kent I would have agreed to 280-300......but maybye there were ok with it! Fair play to Kent. Win this & we are rightback in the mix.

KInd of shocked Hampshire set them 340. In the last100 years of cricket that kind of total hasn't been chased down too often in a county game, especially as Kent sacrificed batting points to declare If i was Kent I would have agreed to 280-300......but maybye there were ok with it! Fair play to Kent. Win this & we are rightback in the mix.

Yes a generous declaration by Kent - so different from Northants - and now it is us to us to capitalise on it!

Yes a generous declaration by Kent - so different from Northants - and now it is us to us to capitalise on it!

I can kind of understand Northants as they were top of the league, but Lancashires tactics mystified me. 92-4 now, the comeback is on.

393 for 9 - and we put them in!!

Utterly utterly woeful. Declared 410/9. This bowling attack has to be the worst on the whole county circuit. Forget struggling to take 20 wickets in a match - which we are finding impossible right now - this team is struggling to bowl out any side once in either innings. What makes it worse is that we are generally getting the first 3/4 wickets for around 100 ish, and still teams are declaring 350-450 for x. The inability to finish off the tail, anyone's tail, even a truly dreadful Kent side, is criminal. Balcombe, Tomlinson and Wood as front line bowlers seem to be going backwards, and this is Div 2 level. Doesn't look good for the future with this attack. Dimi seems the only one capable, and he won't be around forever

Hampshire forfeit 1st innings Gloucester 2nd innings

Hampshire require 411 in 168 overs

we are now one wicket down without score

I know everyone likes to see a "result" match, but 411 to win in 5 sessions is ridiculously ambitious considering our recent form, and probable lack of confidence. Smacks of total desperation, and to compound it now 1 wicket down already which means we will now probably set our stall out to scratch around for the draw - the same outcome if we'd simply just batted on in our first innings. Bet Gloucs couldn't believe their luck when Adams agreed to this.

I know everyone likes to see a "result" match, but 411 to win in 5 sessions is ridiculously ambitious considering our recent form, and probable lack of confidence. Smacks of total desperation, and to compound it now 1 wicket down already which means we will now probably set our stall out to scratch around for the draw - the same outcome if we'd simply just batted on in our first innings. Bet Gloucs couldn't believe their luck when Adams agreed to this.
Adams made the decision and it is a good one. Gloucester supporters are not happy. Supporters of Hampshire are happy. Makes interesting cricket. I back Hampshire to win this!

Adams made the decision and it is a good one. Gloucester supporters are not happy. Supporters of Hampshire are happy. Makes interesting cricket. I back Hampshire to win this!

I do hope your'e right! Time will tell i guess. Agree it makes interesting cricket but historically a side chasing 400 plus is very much odds against

Here is how the conversation went......Adams came to the boundary just as Gloucester were reaching 400. there was a conversation and pointing and then what looked like an agreement. Gloucester then reached 400 in the last over where points available

Dawson bowled his next over very quick and it was blocked. Seemed strange but I then looked at the score board and our over rate was -3. Became clear Adams wanted that down to 0 to avoid points penalty but he did not want to chase much over 400. As soon as it was back to 0 declaration came.

Well I hope you're right but I think we will either lose or rain will force a draw. We have sacrificed any batting points as well.

We are 76 for 5 chasing 411!!

I think this must rank as one of the daftest decisions I can remember a Hampshire captain making. I am sorry but I don't think Adams is up to the job.

We are 76 for 5 chasing 411!!

I think this must rank as one of the daftest decisions I can remember a Hampshire captain making. I am sorry but I don't think Adams is up to the job.

Well he probably didn't make the decision all by himself, whole shower is just a shambles with odd decent batting performances.

Given the erratic nature of our openers performances this season it was just a stupid,stupid decision. We can't bowl sides out so we'll be in D2 next season as well,unless we can get relegated to minor counties or something for being absolutely abysmal with the ball.

68/4 - game lost in all liklihood. We are a one day team.

This, Adams and Vince, the usual 3 or 4 good games at the start of a season then utter mince, the bowlers that bad Dimi has had to come back

To think we were favourites to win Div 2.. laughable

You wonder in all honesty if Hants really care about 4 day cricket anymore

Well I am afraid your backing of Hants was a bit misplaced. We were made to look very silly - and I think that Adam's decision was very silly and his contribution was another duck. We were outplayed in all departments and even in the negotiations between the teams. Lamentable.