Hampshire CCC Season 2013

Weston Saint

Yes our record in 20-20 is incredible. Bowling is good and batting is sometimes awesome.

Another 20/20 win today, against Surrey.

Make that now 29 wins out of the last 34 20/20 games!

Maybe they should bat in their 4-day games like they do in 20/20. They'll probably score more in a 20-30 over slog than they normally do in 100+ overs. :D

Edited by Dark Munster

Another 20/20 win today, against Surrey.

Make that now 29 wins out of the last 34 20/20 games!

Maybe they should bat in their 4-day games like they do in 20/20. They'll probably score more in a 20-30 over slog than they normally do in 100+ overs. :D

That stat of 29 wins in 34 is phonomenal!...especially when you conisider20/20 is such a lottery, even more so when you consider the South group has got to be the toughest of the three. I gonna predict that no team will ever win 29 out of 34 in the history of 20/20 again.

Dimi Retiring at the end of the year. Really sad about this , I thought he had another two years in him, but his achilles has won in the end. Hampshire legend, probably second most decorated Hampshire player ( i think Ervine has

probably won the most medals) interestingly I checked Cricinfo & Dimi has taken 100 more first class wickts than Flintoff, at a lower average!

Dimi Retiring at the end of the year. Really sad about this , I thought he had another two years in him, but his achilles has won in the end. Hampshire legend, probably second most decorated Hampshire player ( i think Ervine has

probably won the most medals) interestingly I checked Cricinfo & Dimi has taken 100 more first class wickts than Flintoff, at a lower average!

End of an era - Dimi seems to have been with us for so long. It won't be the same without him - what a great all-rounder. Yes - a legend.

A very good win tonight against Essex - must almost guarantee us going through. Good batting.

Having watched us struggle last Sunday I thought we were dead and gone but brilliant batting got us out of jail after pathetic fielding and some average bowling. I still think we are one decent bowler light to replace the Afridi quality.

Having watched us struggle last Sunday I thought we were dead and gone but brilliant batting got us out of jail after pathetic fielding and some average bowling. I still think we are one decent bowler light to replace the Afridi quality.

I think you're right but we are still doing well in the limited overs matches - wish we were up to scratch in the 4 day game.

I think you're right but we are still doing well in the limited overs matches - wish we were up to scratch in the 4 day game.

Because in limited overs you just need to be able to score more runs than the opposition..we have batsmen who can do that. In the 4 day game you need to be able to bowl them out twice (unless they commit silly declarations) and as we all well know we don't have the bowlers to enable us to do that.

Because in limited overs you just need to be able to score more runs than the opposition..we have batsmen who can do that. In the 4 day game you need to be able to bowl them out twice (unless they commit silly declarations) and as we all well know we don't have the bowlers to enable us to do that.
Agree completely.

On T20 front, Hampshire have not only qualified for QF with 2 games to go but are also guaranteed a home draw. The lowest they can finish is 2nd in the group. Top of each group plus best second get home draw against one of the other two seconds and best 2 3rds. Lowest we can finish is best 2nd.

Agree completely.

On T20 front, Hampshire have not only qualified for QF with 2 games to go but are also guaranteed a home draw. The lowest they can finish is 2nd in the group. Top of each group plus best second get home draw against one of the other two seconds and best 2 3rds. Lowest we can finish is best 2nd.

On the bright side they'll be showing the QF's on the telly over here.

So you lads can make a nice little earner from the 9 seconds delay by offering to run a live mobile skype call to the boys placing the bets with the smaller bookies in India.

Oh no sorry got distracted there. I meant to say Woo HOO, I get to see us on telly at last!

Just realised that T20 finals day is the same day I get back to blighty so I'll not be able to go.

Also the ECB are doing a kids for free promotion through the holidays for YB40 games. Worth checking out as Hampshire have home games on the list. Nipper and I are doing Derby v Hants for £12 which I think is a great price for the pair of us.

Just realised that T20 finals day is the same day I get back to blighty so I'll not be able to go.

Also the ECB are doing a kids for free promotion through the holidays for YB40 games. Worth checking out as Hampshire have home games on the list. Nipper and I are doing Derby v Hants for £12 which I think is a great price for the pair of us.

http://www.ageasbowl.com/news/The-Ageas-Bowl-Family-Festival-Returns

Last year was free and "sold out" in 48 hours but then 3,000 who had tickets did not turn up so they are trying for just £5. s at Friday they had sold 2,000 in addition to members.

Over number 13 killed them off - Dawson taking 3 wickets and conceding just one run! Had probably won it before that anyway, although Stevens had hit a few. Currently 108/6 after 16, needing 78 off 24 balls.

In the last 5 years Hampshire have appeared in 5 QT finals...& 3 finals days. I believe we have had 1 player in the England 20/20 squad in that period ( im not counting Peterson) why is this? How the hell has Carberry not played at least 20/20 for England. It's not like he's a flash in tje pan..he's been banging out the runs for years. Ps forgot Lumb.

Alan Mullaly's commentary is on fire tonight! He managed to stop talking about himself & referred to the game for a couple of minutes. My favourite Mullaly comment tonight is, 'do you think Middlesex are going through the motions?' unlikely Al as they have to win to qualify. He has actually drifted into the zone of being so bad he's good.

190/3 off our 20 overs - i thought we should win comfortably. Denly with some big hitting (67 off 44) meant they made it a bit closer than it probably should've been at the end (55 struck off overs 16 to 19!), but a victory by 8 runs in the end.

Well done Hampshire.

Hampshire 31 for 1 - Adams out for 10. What is the matter with JA this season - I can't imagine his average is very high.

Believe it or not before this game 41.85! Bowling such a problem this year. I think it's time for Balcombe & Griffiths to maybye find different counties. Both good bowlers, but it's just not happening for them.

Adams had a ridiculously good start to the season but has barely made double figures in the Championship since June! Tomlinson probably our best seamer at the moment so don't understand why he was left out for this one. Griffiths has always flattered to deceive for me and he isn't that young anymore either so reckon it's time to move on from him.

Adams had a ridiculously good start to the season but has barely made double figures in the Championship since June! Tomlinson probably our best seamer at the moment so don't understand why he was left out for this one. Griffiths has always flattered to deceive for me and he isn't that young anymore either so reckon it's time to move on from him.
Tomlinson was rested as his wife is due to have a baby any day