128 Million Pound GOALKEEPER???!!

dubai_phil

WTF

I thought the world had already gone crazy, but Man City offering 128 million quid for a goalie - jeez they could get West Ham for that much money

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/3544627/Manchester-City-make-150m-bid-for-Real-Madrids-Iker-Casillas-Football.html

Manchester City make €150m bid for Real Madrid's Iker Casillas

Manchester City have made a €150 million (£128m) offer for Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas, according to the player's agent.

I am interested to see who Man City will sign in Jan.

With all their money, they are capable of signing the worlds best, but IMO they still do not have the pull to bring those players.

I mean, aside from Robinho and possibly Richards and Wright Phillips (Although they aren't getting in the England team at present) they have no world class players.

Would like to see a top quality striker. I know they paid a lot for Jo, but he was still relatively unknown.

I would love it if they could sign Kaka, Ronaldinho and players of their ilk

I am interested to see who Man City will sign in Jan.

With all their money, they are capable of signing the worlds best, but IMO they still do not have the pull to bring those players.

I mean, aside from Robinho and possibly Richards and Wright Phillips (Although they aren't getting in the England team at present) they have no world class players.

Would like to see a top quality striker. I know they paid a lot for Jo, but he was still relatively unknown.

I would love it if they could sign Kaka, Ronaldinho and players of their ilk

Whilst we complain about money ruining the game, I too would love to see a "super team" just to watch the best players together.

Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips aren't world class. If this consortium has as much money to spend as they say they have, then players like those two won't be around for too long. They'll give way to better, truly world class stars, just as soon as the consortium get around to buying them. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Sparky being around at the end either.

Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips aren't world class. If this consortium has as much money to spend as they say they have, then players like those two won't be around for too long. They'll give way to better, truly world class stars, just as soon as the consortium get around to buying them. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Sparky being around at the end either.

agree with that..

i actually think SWP is technically poor and ahs flashes of good skills rather than being good if you get me....

richards has not progressed as much as people thought but he with hart would be snapped up by very good clubs in england...

i also reckon someone like klinsmann, mourinho, mancini, lippi, rikjard etc will be touted as man city manager in the summer should hughes be gash

The chosen one next season on 15mil a year salary according to my Citeh supporting mate.

But 128mil for the keeper, 75 mil for a forward, what they expect to spend on defenders? That's the problem many teams with money have, they build from the front, not from the back. The Abu Dhabi crew talked about 400 mil to spend, SURELY they aren't so stupid as to blow the whole lot in one season?

Hmm well maybe

...I actually think SWP is technically poor and has flashes of good skills rather than being good if you get me....

Yes, I do. He's a bit like his half brother, only with a bit more application and grey matter upstairs. But in terms of technical ability, there's not a lot between them.

If you're reading this Bradley, you now know what to do..! :D

Can't see it being true.

They need a holding midfielder, a left back and a striker as a priority. Why would they be making crazy bids on a keeper when they should be looking at the likes of Lahm, Villa and Senna.

I doubt they will be able to attract any other real world class players. Will be like when Chelsea first got all there money, they will spunk a load of cash on decent premiership players first and a couple of young up and coming players.